yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Kagone

I like Yuki
Hi. I'm Taldor. I'm Finnish. I'm 22. I like Yuki Kajiura. I really don't have a script in mind so I'll just ramble whatever that comes to my mind... I've been lurking the forums for too long now and felt like I should make an intro here before starting to post randomly. :P

The first Kajiura anime I saw was Sword Art Online. It was also among the first 10 anime I saw in general and I was really impressed with the music at the time, especially Luminous Sword which is still one of my favorite songs of YK. I looked up the series' composer and watched some more anime she had worked on, including Madoka, Fate/Zero and Kara no Kyoukai and things kind of escalated from there. Today I think the only YK animes I have yet to see are Noir and Madlax unless I'm forgetting or am not aware of something.

Obviously I don't love every single song she has ever worked on, but I'm definitely a fan of all of her projects (soundtracks, Kalafina, FictionJunction, See-Saw...). My favorite soundtrack from YK is probably Pandora Hearts and these are just the first few favorite songs of her that I can think of: mezame, contractor, salva nos, luminous sword, she has to overcome her fear (live ver.). As for her vocalists, I love Remi, Wakana, Keiko, Hikaru, Hanae Tomaru and Emily Bindiger (and many more but I feel like I'm just making long lists at this point...). I'm also very excited now that she has added Joelle to her roster of vocalists, whom I know from Sound Horizon, and am looking forward to new and old songs sung by her.

Speaking of Sound Horizon, Revo and Kajiura are my two all-time favorite composers. Others I like include (oh look, a list. what a surprise.) Nobuo Uematsu, Kenji Ito, Yoko Shimomura, Masayoshi Soken and Hiroyuki Sawano and the list goes on.

So uhh... hello. Nice to meet you all.

Hi. I'm Taldor. I'm Finnish. I'm 22. I like Yuki Kajiura. I really don't have a script in mind so I'll just ramble whatever that comes to my mind... I've been lurking the forums for too long now and felt like I should make an intro here before starting to post randomly. :P

Speaking of Sound Horizon, Revo and Kajiura are my two all-time favorite composers. Others I like include (oh look, a list. what a surprise.) Nobuo Uematsu, Kenji Ito, Yoko Shimomura, Masayoshi Soken and Hiroyuki Sawano and the list goes on.

So uhh... hello. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome! I heard Kenji Ito at SMASH 2011 in Sydney (interestingly he composed for the Ookami Kakushi game, and Yuki Kajiura composed Toki no Mukou Maboroshi no Sora 「時の向こう 幻の空」- Ookami Kakushi anime OP), Nobuo Uematsu came to Adelaide for a Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert in 2012.

Ooh, I wish I could attend live concerts of any of the people I listed. Maybe one day I'll get to visit Japan... :touched:

That many people here are not as enthusiastic about Kajiura's recent works (ie SAO) as they were about earlier ones. Vyse just wanted to point out that we are bitter old fucks who will surely scare you away. If you'd been lurking before posting, you've probably already noticed that we are a merry little bunch.

Ah, right. Personally I do enjoy both her newer and older works, but I also get the argument that much of her newer stuff sounds the same. And I do think Ordinal Scale was the most boring soundtrack she's ever composed, but on the other hand I would list Zaregoto among her best.

I have indeed seen the plethora of opinions displayed here while lurking, so don't worry, you're not going to scare me away. ;D

Back