XenForo 1.4.5 Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A planned reboot of our virtual server went... extremely badly. The HTTP/S server failed to start up. Other things are still failing.

EDIT: All services should be working now.

Last edited:
There is a known issue of how an update to WordPress 4.2 changed haw Japanese characters - among others - are handled on the main site.

I will be trying to address this as time permits.

Should be fixed.

Last edited:
^ noticed that smiles on main site are still not displayed (appear as rentacles), even though this is a minor thing

Are there any IP address ranges that are blocked from accessing the forum? Joel has said that he can only reach the forum and chat via a VPN.

Unfortunately, the way operating systems are set up to prefer IPv4, and the spammer-banning techniques availablem there is a possibility that legitimate users will be caught up in temporary automatic spam-handling methods.

To turn these off would mean more work than moderators could handle.

I haven't found any options to suggest browsers prefer IPv6 - if your internet providers even support it.

Between this, and temporary outages / blocks that are complete out of my control - the only way I can help is if the site is down for everyone. My apologies.

There is, theoretically, a way to force IPv6 - hosts file entries. I'M PUTTING THIS HERE FOR MY OWN NOTES, YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO DO THIS

2607:f298:5:104f::d64:86f7 chat.canta-per-me.net
2607:f298:5:104f::efd:c4a6 canta-per-me.net
2607:f298:5:104f::a44:3e86 forum.canta-per-me.net
2607:f298:5:104f::f:a36b gallery.canta-per-me.net

Unfortunately my ISP turned off their tunnel broker, so I'd need to get an IPV6 capable router before being able to use IPV6 myself, and my telephone company doesn't support IPV6 for mobile data either.

It's probably just as difficult if not more difficult for others.

Switched forum spam filtering to Cleantalk (from Akismet)

Main blog has been doing pretty well with this service, hopefully the forum does well too.

Might also improve the blocking situation.

@Sudrien - so the filtering for the forum, main site and chat is done differently?

Part of the problem is that people find themselves blocked and unless they have alternative contacts with other forum members, they have no way of getting back in apart from a VPN.

@Sudrien - so the filtering for the forum, main site and chat is done differently?

Part of the problem is that people find themselves blocked and unless they have alternative contacts with other forum members, they have no way of getting back in apart from a VPN.

Moderators will see exactly the same interfaces. Just the automated checks are done by different services.

We'll have to see if other conditions improve.

Is there a way to moderate who gets to see your content or block certain users from seeing your posts?
Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back