Wondering about Pandora Hearts 2nd season.

george1234

We all remember that the first season ended without the plot finishing and with the stupid studio-inspired final episode. At that time we were saying that a second season would come in lots of time later since the manga hadnt pregressed enough. Yesterday I was checking if there was any announcements, and didnt found anything but I noticed that the manga has reached the 14th volume http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/g ... y/pandora/, and afterward there's only some official guide, so I thnk that its safe to say that if they have the money and the will they can now make a 2nd season, which would be even more Yuki Kajiura and FictionJunction :stars: :ayashii:

I read 2nd season was confirmed by the creator or XEBEC. I think that there isn't much volumes to adapt; first season took 8 or 9 volumes. 2012 maybe, two new at the end of this year + one new at spring season.

i almost discontinued reading PH... too much excitement with slow release of chapters...

hopefully, Yuki will still compose for the music :) (please!!!)
and of course fictionjunction

There's going to be a second season? I kinda liked that anime, but I was quite sad it ended pretty quick. Well, do you guys think the music is going to be recycled or will Yuki be up on it once again?

I'll be looking forward to the second season, although I kinda wish it wasn't made by Xebec. Many revelations are still due, and I don't want them buried under another pile of chibi gags. :uh..: But if their supervision is required to guarantee that Yuki's back to the project... OK, then.

Jessica said:
There's going to be a second season? I kinda liked that anime, but I was quite sad it ended pretty quick. Well, do you guys think the music is going to be recycled or will Yuki be up on it once again?
+1 to George. Second season would be like Tsubasa, two new CD with new music+versions. Pandora hearts new version :nosebleed:

This it's not my favourite anime (of course, better than Madoka ¬¬) but the music was so good (also better... ¬¬), innovating and interesting, and I liked the experience; so I need second season. Fortunately this year we'll hear music for Fate Zero.

Kazado said:
Jessica said:
+1 to George. Second season would be like Tsubasa, two new CD with new music+versions. Pandora hearts new version :nosebleed:

This it's not my favourite anime (of course, better than Madoka ¬¬) but the music was so good (also better... ¬¬), innovating and interesting, and I liked the experience; so I need second season. Fortunately this year we'll hear music for Fate Zero.

It wasn't my favorite either, but I did love the music. Fate Zero sounds like it's going to be good, I have a good feeling about the music too. So excited!

This it's not my favourite anime (of course, better than Madoka ¬¬) but the music was so good (also better... ¬¬)

The plot of PH could be around the same league as Madoka's in quality, but the rest... How do I explain it? Imagine Madoka made with constant chibis and gags popping out of nowhere, SZS and Mesousa cameos during the tragically famous ep 3 scene, pantsushots being the main emphasis of transformation scenes, Homura actually stalking Madoka... That would have done the show no good. Luckily, Shinbo knows how to balance acid and serious sequences; the director of PH apparently didn't. The Carroll-esque setting of PH indeed asks for some theatre of absurd included, but the studio either went overboard here or didn't care to fix the manga's issues (if they originated there). As a result, PH was nearly killed by constant mood swings which were nowhere near predictable, and barely saved by the plot itself, some characters and the soundtrack. I already said that the series would have been better off in Shaft's hands, since its setting and themes should be familiar to those folks. Or, if anyone here is allergic to Shaft, at least make it Bones - aren't they the ones who usually adapt Square Enix manga anyway?
If nobody but Xebec's staff intends to ask Yuki to the stand in this series' OST, then it is THE ONLY reason to justify them handling Pandora Hearts further.

As to the music... it's two-cour vs one-cour, with the ratio of knockout themes naturally higher. Also, PH is a shounen, requiring more drive and upbeat music. It's not a BeeTrain-esque OST, meaning it has its share of transition BGMs, and if you snored through some tracks in Madoka, you'll likely snore through some tracks in PH (although most of them were packed in OST 1, pretty much the situation we have with Madoka). And I have my own questions to the sound director, too, e.g. regarding the heavy underuse of Contractor. :knife: Otherwise, I can't decisively place one of these works far above the other. Both carry out the mood just fine, both sport a bunch of unforgettable tracks whereof each alone would make a lot of other OSTs out there shine. :dote:

Heavy underuse of Contractor? The song was hardly played for 15 seconds, and it was only played once. Worst sound director ever, and then comes Madoka's.
As for Madoka and PH, well, I don't like Madoka for quite some reasons. PH...hum, it was a nice ride, but still a shaky one. Characters were fine; nothing spetacular or "fresh", but fine in a good way. OST was good but that sound director...
Not one of my favorite series, that's for sure, but I would like to watch a 2nd season. But, it would be better to have more chapters of it so it won't end in such a stupid way like the first season. Or maybe they should just wait for its conclusion and make a Pandora Hearts Brotherhood or something like this (but then they maybe would switch Kajiura...).

2nd Season? :stars:
This is the longest sequel i've ever wait :uh..: I take them so long to release the 2nd Season!

I like the anime, the 1st season ending is :confu: :stupidbox:
The music is one of my favorite :dote: New music pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

KP-X said:
Pandora Hearts Brotherhood....

THIS. I've told my sister the same thing! It looks like I'm not the only one thinking this way :XD:

But not both adaptatons are handled by Bones. :uh..:
and as to Tsubasa Chronicles... screw P.I.G. if they're so lazy, and let Bones or ufotable take the initiative :knife:

KONIcchi said:
This is the longest sequel i've ever wait :uh..: I take them so long to release the 2nd Season!

Since I'm still to watch Pandora Hearts, I can wait a little longer now...

But the sequel I wait the most is pretty much D.Gray-man. I hope they use InuYasha's Kanketsu-hen as an exemple to a lot of animes out there.

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
But not both adaptatons are handled by Bones. :uh..:
and as to Tsubasa Chronicles... screw P.I.G. if they're so lazy, and let Bones or ufotable take the initiative :knife:

P.I.G. is always lazy when comes to making low budget anime, you will notice on its OP/ED.

IMHO TRC remains Clamp's brightest work... and turning it into a low budget anime? :uh..: then make it HIGH budget and go ahead! :knife:

Rafael-sama said:
KONIcchi said:

Since I'm still to watch Pandora Hearts, I can wait a little longer now...

But the sequel I wait the most is pretty much D.Gray-man. I hope they use InuYasha's Kanketsu-hen as an exemple to a lot of animes out there.

D.Gray-Man is having a sequel?

Back