Who Do YK's singers remind you of ?

Ghost Reaper

I eat sleep and breathe Yuki
Didn't know exactly where to put this. Because it deals with singers outside YK, I figure it fits here.

Now to the question. Who do YK's singers remind you of ?

Kaori reminds me of Kim Wilde. I was listening to them back to back and was struck by how similar they are. When she's rocking out as with Another Union, I think she sounds a bit like Ann Wilson.

Yuuki Yoshida reminds me of Maggie Reilly. I was also playing them back to back and thought, woah !!! Yuuki sounds almost exactly like Maggie.

Keiko... contralto. Don't need to say more. I love contraltos. Terry Nunn, Shirley Mason, Micheal Steele, Cathy Richardson. They all possess that deep full bodied sound.

Hikaru reminds me of Patty Smyth. She has that power voice that can also be tender and fragile

Wakana reminds me of Loreena McKennitt. They're styles are very different, but that smooth almost horn like sound they both have is unmistakeable..

Kaida. Dunno. I haven't found any one yet that sounds similar to her.

Yuuka reminds me of Cara Dillion. If you don't know her (she is an obscure Irish singer) take a listen to Mike Oldfield's "Man in the Rain" song. You'd swear it was Yuuka singing it.

Did you mean Shirley Manson? Shirley Mason just brings up disabilities and art for me, no music relevance.

Shirley Manson on the other hand is someone that makes sense. If it wasn't her you were referring to, I recommend checking her out.

Looks like my keyboard glitched when I was typing. Manson is the one I'm referring to. I don't know a Shirley Mason. Bad keyboard. Dropping the "n" when it's important. I have to better spell check.

I had a feeling it was her you were referring to, and I can see the similarities. I'm a pretty big fan of Garbage myself, I thought the first three albums were far better than their others, but I probably should give the newer ones a listen again. I saw them live a good few years ago, Shirley has a very good stage presence and sounds great live too.

Garbage's latest album: Not You Kind of People is more mature. That's the best way I can describe it. It's still Them, but they are different from what they were.

The amazing thing about contraltos is even though they can't hit those high notes (except Michael Steele), The power in their voices will pin your ears to the back of the concert hall. I'm sure Keiko is holding back so she doesn't drown Hikaru and Wakana out.

Kaori reminds me of a younger version of someone from school. Today I actually showed someone a pic of Kaori, and even she said, not knowing Kaori at all or me mentioning the resemblance, "She looks like Annie (the person I'm referring to)"
Wakana reminds me of my mom, actually :XD: They have similar body types (though I'm not asian) and styles and are both sopranos (heck, I swear I've seen my mom wear the same thing that Wakana wore in Parallel Hearts's PV).

Yuriko Kaida reminds me of one of my mom's friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon Wakana would make a great mother, though. If she ever has children her children are going to be treated to so many dinosaur toys.

Hikaru reminds me of this horse named Tank/vice versa
idk???? I'm strange

Back