what other people reaction of Yuki's music

R

rando-chan

It acn't be help rite since we love Yuki so much that we listen to it almost (or) everytime we've got chances to :dote:

so what others think of Yuki's music?

my sister love it, not all of her work, mostly love the one with fairytale touch on it pieces, and she doesn't like the more upbeat music, nor the one with a lil bit rock on it :E

my office mate said that most of my music in my HD are "satanic music" or somekind of occult chanting mwahahahahahahhahaha
*besides Yuki i have Enya, Yoko Kanno , yasunori Mitsuda and Nobuo uematsu, which most of them are not quite "friendly" to my friends ears :ohoho: :ohoho: :ohoho: :ohoho: :ohoho: :ohoho:

My sister likes Hitomi no Kakera (she even has it in her ipod) and the music from Noir.

A friend of mine likes Xenosaga II and III, Hack sign, hack liminality and Kalafina and i gave her a cd with music from various osts by Yuki.
She also watched YKLive 2 with me.

And another friend likes some tracks like I talk to the rain, A song of storm and fire, Main theme of petite cossette, Oblivious and he watched YKLive 2 with me and my other friend.

Kowz said:
She also watched YKLive 2 with me.
wuuuw isn't that the same friend to whom you forgot your Aquarian Age OST ? :ayashii:

My sister hates when there is what she calls "scary choruses" :glower: but on the other side, she loves sayonara soritia, sprinter, M01 (from KNK 1) and canta per me......yes i can count the number of the Yuki songs she likes in one hand :desksweat: for the rest she says there is nothing special

My brother doesn't like Yuki Dx and tells me: "listen to real music" :blood: :blood: :blood:

hmm I have a friend who likes some Yuki songs, but the vocals one only, like FJY
hmm and two pianist friends who likes Best Years in Our Lives (from Tsubasa OST) and some Yuki piano tracks from Noir OST
I tried to make other friends listen to Oblivious, they said it's weird music and a bit dark @___@

makes me think of what Rando-chan said:
my office mate said that most of my music in my HD are "satanic music" or somekind of occult chanting mwahahahahahahhahaha
but I can understand that, since that kind of choruses on songs are repulsive if you're not used to...and I think what they see is only the outside, the appearance of the music...
Well, it's hard to make them love Yuki's music since they already got their music ~.~ and their music are not really the same as Yuki's...

Around me, no one is fond of Yuki as I am OTL
:cry:

A friend of me has betrayed her, while two others are only liking Kajiuran songs (even says no to Kalafina).
And one arabic friend has been poisoned to listen to her musics :plot: . He likes it, but... he likes ALL kind of musics.
And others aren't even aware of her existence.

Their comments range from "they are dark and emotional" to "Dead ceremony songs"

(although I have to comment on this myself... that, Yuki's newest songs aren't like that anymore)

I have a couple of high school friends and a college friend/roommate who're Kajiura fans (not as huge of a fangirl as I am, but fangirls nonetheless). I usually provide them music should they not have certain songs or OST and discuss random trivia about her and/or the utahime (usually the utahime) with them.

I also have a friend who doesn't like Kajiura, but she has a bias against female singers, so we figure that's the main reason.

Everyone else is more or less, "Hm, that's kinda nice." One heard her music from my iPod and said if I ever get around to it, I should give him some of the songs I like. And I think it was my ex whose laptop I saw had Houseki and Ballad on it.

[edit] I had let my dad listen to Mezame a long time ago and he had likened it to Enya's music, so therefore I can assume he likes it.

one of my cousins is studying music and she respects Yuki a lot for composing so much music, and she also likes NOIR OST. A friend likes her music a lot (but i'm the nutty one ^o^), another one is crazy about Noir, Madlax and FJYUUKA.

My brother says i'm crazy about that "nutty chinese woman" <.< and doesn't like her music (but his taste in music is pure C*R*A*P). And the rest thinks i'm not normal for listening to japanese music, cos they think it's weird to listen to music that's not in any "classical" language (european ones). I just laugh ^^

Kitty said:
all of my friends think its "just average"
what kind of music/artists do they listen to?

My grandmother said that her music sounds like church music. :confu: I guess some of her pieces do, kinda.

I showed "serenato" to a friend- she thought it was creepy. I think it was the chanting :XD:

If Serenato is creepy...what would she say to Lirica? :ayashii:

I forgot to say...

There was a third friend that watched YKLive with me and after Mezame she went to the bathroom and when she came back Eri Ito was on stage, she said "who is she" and my friends explained that Mezame is a satanic fusion ritual and that Eri was a combination of the 4 girls.

yup

If so many people interpret Yuki's music as satanic, I wonder how they view the people who listen to her works. *Cough*

I have one friend who apparently likes her music enough to join the group on FB, but I don't think she's as severe devoted as us. Another friend used to listen to the vocal songs Yuki did for Gundam, but they weren't her particular favourite or anything. As for OST works, another friend mentioned it was a bit too Celtic/rustic/chanty sounding for her. Oh, and she said most of Yuki's work "sounds the same." :'(

my brother thinks that Yuki's music is strange (he heard some songs, mostly Kalafina's), he likes Contractor though
I never let my parents hear Yuki's music bcoz they don't like music :uh..: , and my closest friends think that Yuki's music is unusual and strange...well since they are rabid fangirls of a certain boyband lol
few months ago I found that one of my highschoolmate actually likes Yuki's music :dote: it's a pity we didn't talk much during school...

Re:

Leonore said:
Oh, and she said most of Yuki's work "sounds the same." :'(

Sounds the same? The fact that she composes a wide variety of sounds despite having a defining style was one of the reasons why I was able to follow her music almost religiously as opposed to say American pop culture music. Most other bands' music sound more the same than Kajiura's to me. ;;

hm... so in conclusion... Yuki's musics are strange!! :plot: ... but I will call it "unique" instead of "strange" (I love strangeness) ... and they who call it strange,might not be used with anime/game OST? could that be?
in my experience, they aren't gamer/anime-watcher.

And I will divide yuki's works into several pieces... some of them has the same aura while the others don't ...

I have made two people listen to Akatsuki no Kuruma and another one to A Song of Storm and Fire. I think they liked them, but they were not the kind of music they usually listened to, so they didn't ask for more. :blood:

because of the music, my mother watched "noir" with me for 4 times! :ghost:

Re:

Kiyoko said:
because of the music, my mother watched "noir" with me for 4 times! :ghost:

XDD you're lucky my mom doesn't really like music :uh..:
My bro hates most Japanese music(he hates Japan for some stupid reason), but he can't deny that he likes the 'Everlasting Songs' version of syncronicity. :dote:
(..But.. it was not composed by Yuki... :uh..: :uh..: )

Re: Re:

HIS MASK said:
(..But.. it was not composed by Yuki... :uh..: :uh..: )
what? Yuki COMPOSED "synchronicity," she just didn't arrange it o__O

Back