What game are you currently playing? (Unofficial Xenoblade Thread)

So far I prefer the XB1 OST slightly better (maybe cause I'm used to it), but both are absolutely top-notch soundtracks. Both are far better than Sawano Hiroyuki's ridiculously repetitive techno soundtrack for XBX :XD:

I loved XBX's soundtrack. It was really unique and had an immediately identifiable sound that stands out from all the other xeno games. I like Yuki's soundtrack for Xenosaga for much the same reason.

I didn't think XBX's soundtrack was bad, I just thought it got really repetitive - all of the field themes were only 2.5-3 min long, compared to XB1's at least 3.5 min loops. Hearing the same song 5ish times in a row got old really quickly when you were in the same place the entire day/night (which as you know isn't that hard to do)

I didn't think XBX's soundtrack was bad, I just thought it got really repetitive - all of the field themes were only 2.5-3 min long, compared to XB1's at least 3.5 min loops. Hearing the same song 5ish times in a row got old really quickly when you were in the same place the entire day/night (which as you know isn't that hard to do)

Yup, especially since the two songs you hear the most in the game (NLA and Black Tar) are arguably the two worst tracks in the game.

NOT EVEN ON A DISTANT LAND WE'RE STUCK ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT PLANET
HELLO IS THIS THING ON
AM I ALL ALONE
IS ANYONE THERE
I NEED A BIGGER GUN

Jesus, the guy they got to rap in Black Tar hardcore sucks. Like I never really noticed it much before since I've never really known much about rap but now that I've been listening to music where rap is more prominently featured, his flow is just so...off (especially here) and it's so cringey to listen to :XD:The rest of the OST is good though, I just really don't like Black Tar haha

Best battle theme is Uncontrollable tho. Despite Mika Kobayashi's and mpi's (?) Engrish®, the style and melody of the song is awesome :shy:

Still playing the Legend of Heroes JRPG franchise on PC from Nihon Falcom, the makers of Ys franchise (incidentally, one of my fave Japanese composers, Mr. Yasuharu Takanashi, used to play keyboards at this game studio). The best-known iteration in the West remains the first game, Trails in the Sky.

Awesome old-school games if you like a LOT of story/dialogue/text, world-building, great music and turn-based combat. My first game remains Trails from Zero because I liked the more advanced gameplay and visuals. There used to be an English fan translation, but it's been taken down as there will be an official English release this year IIRC along with Trails to Azure. They comprise one story arc, Crossbell arc, out of four so far.

So I've played these two plus Trails of Cold Steel, a set of four games. I'm now playing a fan translation of Trails into Reverie (Hajimari no Kiseki), an epilogue to these arcs as I understand it. I bought a more powerful PC to run it close to the maximum visuals.

I particularly liked the futuristic and Big Tech approach that the Crossbell arc introduced. I don't think there are that many JRPGs set in a modern-ish world. But the CS quartology was very enjoyable also.

I'm absolutely loving the Hajimari iteration so far, though I'm early into the game and playing on the toughest Abyss difficulty, it's overkill in places but I'm still hanging on.

Last edited:
Back