What are you listening to right NOW?

@Justisamuel You seem to love Bergersen. I used to listen to him on YouTube, but these days, I don't like him so much. With his stuff I feel I'm in a nonstop movie trailer 😁

I wonder if you're familiar with Shiro Sagisu's scores (the Neon Genesis Evangelion movies)? They up the ante from Bergersen in scale, but I also love the musicianship involved quite a lot more. Could be something that you'd enjoy.

@Justisamuel You seem to love Bergersen. I used to listen to him on YouTube, but these days, I don't like him so much. With his stuff I feel I'm in a nonstop movie trailer 😁

I wonder if you're familiar with Shiro Sagisu's scores (the Neon Genesis Evangelion movies)? They up the ante from Bergersen in scale, but I also love the musicianship involved quite a lot more. Could be something that you'd enjoy.
Hell yeah He's my favorite composer.

By "trailerish", are you only talking about his old stuff or also recent works? To what I define as "trailer music", he has mostly stopped doing that since 2011 or 2012. Now most of his pieces are between 4 or 5 to 10 min, twisting several genres, with full orchestra. He's of course excellent at Epic stuff, but also very good at making more delicate music. To only name a few, just give a try at his "American Dream" (44:14) or "Eyes Wider" from 7:13 to 8:35.

I'm not listening to Sagisu much. As much as I do respect his orchestrations, I find his choirs weirds and his tempo too slow. But please feel free to prove me wrong by suggesting me a dozen of his most famous / or your favorite pieces, it would be a pleasure for me to rediscover :)

Hell yeah He's my favorite composer.

By "trailerish", are you only talking about his old stuff or also recent works? To what I define as "trailer music", he has mostly stopped doing that since 2011 or 2012. Now most of his pieces are between 4 or 5 to 10 min, twisting several genres, with full orchestra. He's of course excellent at Epic stuff, but also very good at making more delicate music. To only name a few, just give a try at his "American Dream" (44:14) or "Eyes Wider" from 7:13 to 8:35.

I'm not listening to Sagisu much. As much as I do respect his orchestrations, I find his choirs weirds and his tempo too slow. But please feel free to prove me wrong by suggesting me a dozen of his most famous / or your favorite pieces, it would be a pleasure for me to rediscover :)
Thanks for these suggestions.

To be honest, I've only one double OST by Sagisu and that is "Music from EVANGELION: 3.0 YOU CAN(NOT) REDO" (King, 2012).

It is very Epic heh. And powerful. But there are more quiet moments interspersed. It has several world-class operatic performers on vocal parts. In that respect, I believe this OST has the most prestigious performers on any OST that I own (I have more than 100 OSTs).

Back