Wakana solo career

The mv snippet for Toki lalala is out. Not gonna lie even though it just Wakana alone the shots and scenery imo are better than the whole Kalafina MVs

The recording honestly sounds like a one-hit recording- no effort was made to perfect the vocals. If I was in the recording studio and I heard that playback I’d definitely look into re-recording certain parts.
That's also what I thought. Both in TwKYn and Tsubasa she sounds like she went to the studio, sang the songs exactly once with no warm-up whatsoever, kthxbye. They both sound horribly off-key during the beginning and progressively get better. I wonder if it was low budget or what it was. I also wonder how those people signed off on it and decided it's good enough to go to an album.

For me, TwKYn is a song I'd typically just skip. Tsubasa is more interesting, I'd add it to my playlist if it were sung better. As it is, it's simply getting on my nerves. :(

EDIT: @grunty I can almost see the ducks turning into an inside joke!

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover is foreboding and dark like the soundtrack to a creeper film. Wakana is also looking into the mirror reflecting on her path in life, and about how and when her voice was destroyed. I predict massive sales.

I'm very happy that Wakana starts her solo career, I hope that Keiko and Hikaru will do it too when they feel ready.

I prefer Tsubasa, but Toki wo koeru yoru ni is so sweet and the PV is very nice. I'm waiting for her album :dote:

My best wishes to Wakana!:love:

Miss Wakana opened her own twitter account. I think it's a shared account between hers and her staff. I guess based on the shark emojis, the tweets that have the shark emoji are hers, other tweets are by her staff.

Miss Keiko probably has now moved to Tibet and chose to become a monk instead.

How does the single fare on oricon? Or do we need to wait for one week?

19th place on the release day/yesterday's daily chart. Out of top 30 today. Not so good but not as bad as let's say Kaori's and Yuuka's solo releases. Probably would chart on top 30 on weekly ranking.

(edit again) my babies izone on the other hand did so well.

19th place on the release day/yesterday's daily chart. Out of top 30 today. Not so good but not as bad as let's say Kaori's and Yuuka's solo releases. Probably would chart on top 30 on weekly ranking.

Oh pretty nice considering it's not affiliated with anime/dramas.

(edit again) my babies izone on the other hand did so well.
Yess the only news that matters :love: The cinematography of Neko ni naritai is perfect :dote:

And btw, to whoever person snitching this forum to THAT website where they think people here always nitpick/hating on something, FYI to you sir/ma'am some Japanese fans have mixed feelings to this single and thinks the production is kinda bad or mediocre. :tea:

Oh pretty nice considering it's not affiliated with anime/dramas.

Yess the only news that matters :love: The cinematography of Neko ni naritai is perfect :dote:

Yeah, Wakana did quite well. Probably her album would sell better considering it's going to be released just 1 month later.

Neko ni Naritai is THE SONG tbh, I love everything about this song. The soft vocals, the harmony, the arrangement, and the MV is also very beautiful. Sadly more people prefer Gokigen Sayonara, which isn't bad but imo still less good. It's very catchy though.

And btw, to whoever person snitching this forum to THAT website where they think people here always nitpick/hating on something, FYI to you sir/ma'am some Japanese fans have mixed feelings to this single and thinks the production is kinda bad or mediocre. :tea:
Kekwtf. Is drama a-brewin?

Kekwtf. Is drama a-brewin?
Not really. She had the choice to answer those inquiries and who says the forum is toxic lmao. She should just focus on her safe space or something haha

@Nightmare off topic but is your profpic the GBF cat??
Eyyyy yup it's the Shounen Cat from the event hahaha (I can't believe they hired Midoriya lololol best event XD)
You play the game also?? :sohappy:

@Nightmare I play the game too!! I've only started playing last December though so I'm still a newbie even though I'm already at rank 101 lmao (thanks to the nonstop exp bonus in December and early January). I spent my Christmas and New Year break playing that game. I'm still waiting for Seruel to come home.

Back