Vocal Discussion of Yuki's Singers

I tried, but I'm sorry, I just can't hear anything properly over Hikaru :desksweat: :XD: Have you tried the 2009 live version from the 5th anni CD? It may or may not be clearer in that recording?

また風が強くなった / Mata Kaze ga Tsuyoku Natta
Hikaru low: A#3; Hikaru high: D#5
Keiko low: F3; Keiko high: G4
I have no idea who is singing the main high harmony in the verses. Wakana can do it live but I don't know if she's singing it here, although it does sound like her. The Kajiuaran part doesn't sound like Wakana to me... so no Wakana?
About the Kajiurago. Kajiura sings it, she's been credited as the only chorus singer. I can hear two voices : a low voice and a higher voice. The first is Yuki, I'm sure. About the second, I wonder if it's her. The voice sounds like Saints, so maybe.

About the Kajiurago. Kajiura sings it, she's been credited as the only chorus singer. I can hear two voices : a low voice and a higher voice. The first is Yuki, I'm sure. About the second, I wonder if it's her. The voice sounds like Saints, so maybe.

The lower voice in the Kajiurago actually sounds like Hikaru to me.. But if Yuki was credited then it's likely she at least contributes to the lower vocals since that's in her range. (I think???)
The higher voice(s) sounds like maybe like 50 Yuriko Kaida & Wakana's voice takes overlayed on top of each other, I'm surprised that there's no Yuriko. I would guess it's just Wakana's voice chorus'd then.

...Which also means that the high voice in the verses are definitely Wakana.

Also lol @ me not updating that post T.T

The lower voice in the Kajiurago actually sounds like Hikaru to me.. But if Yuki was credited then it's likely she at least contributes to the lower vocals since that's in her range. (I think???)
The higher voice(s) sounds like maybe like 50 Yuriko Kaida & Wakana's voice takes overlayed on top of each other, I'm surprised that there's no Yuriko. I would guess it's just Wakana's voice chorus'd then.

...Which also means that the high voice in the verses are definitely Wakana.

Also lol @ me not updating that post T.T

I think the Kajiurago is all done by Kajiura, since it sounds different from the live with the girls doing it. High voice in verses is definitely Wakana.

Hi! I'm new here ^^, and maybe I can help with a few things lol, at least with vocal fach... Wakana is a light lyric soprano for sure, her voice is very girly and light and bright, def placed higher than the others. Keiko is not a contralto as most people think, she's kinda a darker or heavier (not much tho) mezzo, def not a soprano, but neither a contralto. Hikaru is kinda hard to know since she changes her voice so much lol, adding more chest or head to her mix like that confuses me @.@ and her nasality too, but I think she's a light lyric mezzo since her voices does have more weight than Wakana and it's placed lower, but not as Keiko. Maybe I'm wrong with Hikaru tho... Kaori is a soprano, not sure what kind tho, her voice is light but less than Wakana. I must say, Wakana seems to be the best out of them all, she has some control in her mix, a few tension issues, and I think she uses head voice too sometimes. Hikaru is kinda a mess, sometimes she seems kinda pitchy (i suck with pitch tho lol), Keiko has really good E4s, she is pretty ok in the E4-A4 zone too, her lower notes seem kinda supported to me... she's a mezzo so, no wonder she can't hit C5s in full voice like Wakana does lol I'm sure she would strain them, their songs are kinda not very difficult for their skills, so they don't do anything they know they can't. I really love their voices too <3

I'll be back when I figure out how to put a dp lol

^ Hi Lou, please post an introduction in the introductions thread when you have the time! (-:

Would like to hear your classifications of the guest vocalists as well (Eri Itoh, Yuri Kasahara and others).

^ Hi Lou, please post an introduction in the introductions thread when you have the time! (-:

Would like to hear your classifications of the guest vocalists as well (Eri Itoh, Yuri Kasahara and others).

Thank you for that hint haha

It's hard to compare Yuri Kasahara and the rest of the vocalists, their techniques are different since she's an opera singer, but to me she's def a soprano, can't tell much about her, i'm not familiar with opera standards tbh u.u

About Eri Itoh, she seems like a soprano to me, she seems to know how to reduce her nasality tho, and uses head voice too I think.

My personal fav, Hanae Tomaru, she's classically trained too, and also a soprano, but her tone is beautiful to me tbh ^^v

Kaori has an amazing emotive tone (this is so subjective tho lol), she is a soprano too, seems to have issues with her throat, placing her voice in it, becoming throaty sometimes, straining the higher notes.

Can't say much about the rest, sowwie :c

It's hard to compare Yuri Kasahara and the rest of the vocalists, their techniques are different since she's an opera singer, but to me she's def a soprano, can't tell much about her, i'm not familiar with opera standards tbh u.u

She's was the queen of the night in a performance of The Magic Flute, and I believe you need to be a soprano in for that part.

About Eri Itoh, she seems like a soprano to me, she seems to know how to reduce her nasality tho, and uses head voice too I think.

Not sure about Eri. Someone once said she seemed like a mezzo, but this person had only heard her in Yuki Kajiura live 02.

My personal fav, Hanae Tomaru, she's classically trained too, and also a soprano, but her tone is beautiful to me tbh ^^v

Enjoy~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRK7imuA-fQ

She's was the queen of the night in a performance of The Magic Flute, and I believe you need to be a soprano in for that part.

Not sure about Eri. Someone once said she seemed like a mezzo, but this person had only heard her in Yuki Kajiura live 02.

Enjoy~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRK7imuA-fQ

Really? Yes, and I think it is a need to have coloratura skills too, I think.

About Eri... She confuses me tbh lol, but mostly because I'm not an expert who know almost everything about singing, I'm still learning. In Ring your song, she sounds like a soprano imo. I can be wrong tho

Ensamble Planeta!! I love their harmonies <3

Keiko is not a contralto as most people think, she's kinda a darker or heavier (not much tho) mezzo, def not a soprano, but neither a contralto.

Yeah I was only basing the ranges on a very narrow criteria of vocal classification: the range of notes they can hit. Based on Keiko's Seventh Heaven (album) range (F3 - C#5), that is within the typical note range for contraltos

Yeah I was only basing the ranges on a very narrow criteria of vocal classification: the range of notes they can hit. Based on Keiko's Seventh Heaven (album) range (F3 - C#5), that is within the typical note range for contraltos

Oh, I wasn't saying you are wrong lol^sorry if it sounded like that, in fact it actually is, since A4-D5 is usually a contralto zone and Keiko's highest note in full voice is B4 right? It all fits if it were just according her range ^^

Oh, I wasn't saying you are wrong lol^sorry if it sounded like that, in fact it actually is, since A4-D5 is usually a contralto zone and Keiko's highest note in full voice is B4 right? It all fits if it were just according her range ^^

It didn't sound like that :XD:I was agreeing with you. IIrc the range of notes they can hit isn't the only thing that determines what type of voice they have. Like you implied, the tone matters. Plus I am no expert in vocal classification :touched:

It didn't sound like that :XD:I was agreeing with you. IIrc the range of notes they can hit isn't the only thing that determines what type of voice they have. Like you implied, the tone matters. Plus I am no expert in vocal classification :touched:

I'm no expert neither lol, just can recognize most of them... Some people can't recognize full lyric sopranos and lyric mezzos lol, that happens to me but with male voices mostly and a few with full lyrics and light lyrics hahaha

This may be a fairly stupid question but...does anyone have a clear recording of what Yuki Kajiura sounds like? I know she's often a chorus singer in a lot of her songs, but I usually can't pick her out. So I was just wondering if there was a a recording of just her singing, so I can even get a base for what to even listen for.

This may be a fairly stupid question but...does anyone have a clear recording of what Yuki Kajiura sounds like? I know she's often a chorus singer in a lot of her songs, but I usually can't pick her out. So I was just wondering if there was a a recording of just her singing, so I can even get a base for what to even listen for.
She's heavily prominent in "hikaru sabaku", "circus" by FJ YUUKA

Back