to the beginning (Kalafina cover)

R

Rae

Hello everyone! <3

I thought I'd share a cover that I did back in Nov 2013 of Kalafina's "to the beginning".
It's an old cover and I wish I could do it over again but I doubt I have the time to rerecord this. (;_;)
This is my first time covering a Kalafina song on my own and I'm so sorry for the mixing! I think I might've missed out some harmonies as well (Kajiura Yuki has so many hidden harmonies. ;_;) but I hope that you'll enjoy my cover and thank you so much for listening!
Have a good day everybody! <3

to the beginning (Kalafina Cover)
Original: Kalafina
Cover vocals & mix: Rae

Wow! Is that you singing all three parts? I've been working at transcribing the music for this song by ear for the past few weeks... and it's going well, but I don't think I'm going to be able to find anyone to sing with me once I'm done, so I'm interested about your process.

Wow! Is that you singing all three parts? I've been working at transcribing the music for this song by ear for the past few weeks... and it's going well, but I don't think I'm going to be able to find anyone to sing with me once I'm done, so I'm interested about your process.

Thank you for listening! <3 Yes I did all three parts. :) It took me about a month to complete this cover though because I was juggling school and work. I transcribed the parts by ear as well. I recorded it verse by verse and then recorded the harmonies verse by verse as well. ^^" It was tough covering it alone because my range isn't that wide but I had loads of fun singing this. :D

You did really well... I don't think I have the technical expertise to do that, let alone the range— I can hit all the notes in the song, but it's not very flattering in my voice.

Back