The Disapperance of Haruhi Suzumiya

C

Crion629

I must admit that was a nice touch from Kyoto Animation releasing the BD and DVD on Dec 18th.

Anyone else see the film yet? I thought it was awesome.

It was a very good movie indeed, but since I am not a great fan of the Haruhi Suzumiya series I didn't care much for it :XD:

I have yet to see the movie, although my expectations for it are great. I've read pretty much all the books, and "Disappearance" is arguably [one of] the best among them. :dote: And AFAIH KyoAni did a really good job adapting it. :waii:

Mazui has subbed the DVD and BD already if people are wondering...

already watched Mazui's release, it's great except the ending

I loved the movie and the extras but would have preferred to have seen it at a cinema with surround sound.

It was great to have been able to buy the movie OST before seeing Eminence (who recorded the soundtrack) and briefly say hello to their concertmaster, Hiroaki Yura last year in Sydney after SMASH (Sydney Manga Anime ...?).

Even better was seeing and meeting Minori Chihara (voice of Yuki Nagato and singer of the movie's ED) at Animelo Summer Live 2011, so by the time the blu-ray of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was released in Australia late in 2011 I had some interest in some of the people behind the movie.

For a story that didn't really end, I thought that the movie did well, and the standard of the soundtrack, animation, voice-acting and putting together of the story was up to a theatrical release standard.

Re:

Way to necro a 2 year old thread... :)

Kugayama said:
It was great to have been able to buy the movie OST before seeing Eminence (who recorded the soundtrack) and briefly say hello to their concertmaster, Hiroaki Yura last year in Sydney after SMASH (Sydney Manga Anime ...?).

Don't get me started on Eminence...I like their music but I've had horrible experiences with their customer service for getting CDs. One took over 6 months to arrive and my emails were ignored for about the first 5 months of that.

^ I would only buy their CD's in person or through a conventional retailer (e.g. CD Japan). Their web site didn't inspire any confidence in being able to order CD's from them.

Back