"Vanitas no Karte" music composed by Yuki Kajiura (OST on Feb 23, 2022)

Is that hanae tomaru ?

The music is half interesting :) Not bad, but not really new either.

10 PVs ? Maybe its just a big PV cut in parts ? @Justisamuel To me google translate says

With the gekitomo music by Yuki Kajiura
All 10 types of PV series that deliver the world view of this work 📽️

by googling gekitomo, its a way to say "bgm for drama / anime etc" https://www.reddit.com/r/translator/comments/nmdr9v/japanese_english_what_is_gekitomo/

@grunty: Better to lose excitement now and regain it when the show starts, than be excited like in Lord El Melloi and lose it later ;)

Last edited:
I thought it sounded like Tomaru too! Though part of that might just be because I’ve been listening to the Mai-Hime soundtrack a lot recently. But, still, her voice a certain quality to it that makes me think it’s her.

The song is alright, but I want to hear some woodwinds soon! Or brass. And, heck, Noir had plenty of Accordian and Pipes and I want those too! (I’m sorry, strings, I love you a lot but I also love variety.)

I love variety too. And its not just that she uses, strings, its that she always uses the same kind of strings, while if you look it up there are many different ones other than violin viola cello. She needs to be more creative, that BGM could be from anywhere from KnK till HF and you wouldnt tell the difference, it doesnt have a "show identity". Come on Kajiura :)

劇伴 should be read as "gekiban". It stands for "background music".
So to translate the whole thing, it means sth like "together with the BGM that YK managed to do, a series of 10 PVs to deliver the outlook of this world".
Hmm so I think that it will feature 10 different tracks here. Fingers crossed for the ED in the 10th PV lol ^^
Also *music premiered at the soundtrack special intensifies*

I agree, f* those strings. Could have been a single violin and it would have been better. But at the same time I like the "clock sound", I think it will make sense during the show.

booring. so similar so strings. noooooo.
it does sound like hanae. but again very underwhelming.
even everyone’s reactions are the same (including this one)
sigh
(first pv music was infinitely better)

Disappointing. First pv had me thinking we’d get Cirque de Soleil music; this bgm could come from any show she’s in the last 10 years.

Better.
(Watch it all be different parts of the same track.)
Eh! I’d better like it as a medley rather than 30s short tracks that would make it ultimately forgettable.
And that’s my actual fear, even if they are longer than 30s the teased parts could be the best segment of the tracks … just like a movie trailer spoils us the only enjoyable parts of a movie lol

Dunno how recently, but it seems like they changed the key visual to something a little more standard.

https://vanitas-anime.com/assets/img/top/kv.jpg

Also hold on
the updated website says it's 2cour/24 episodes long. Wonder if that means split cours or one long run. Edit: ANN says it's split.

Also
SQUARE ENIX in copyright? wat? Is the manga published by square enix?

The subtitle on the website reads "Les Mémoires de Vanitas", would that be used as the official non-JP title?

Last edited:
Yes square enix also publishes manga and books apart from videogames :)

and yes thats what seems to be the non jp title.

music was good, but needs to be longer for me to judge it.

Last edited:
That was already the case with Pandora Hearts.
Cool for the french title. More french track titles - but with french lyrics this time plz :)

2 cours? More Kajiura screentime is cool but then a standalone will be hard to get this year :/
And instead of ~1h30 of music, maybe it will be split into two ~75min... not sure that it means more bgm music.
At least there is way more hope for an OP or ED.
And the Paris setting, french titles and Square Enix licence tells me that a FictionJunction ft. KOKIA would be délectable.

Talking about the visuals, I'm not really convinced yet... looks like a 2008 anime, and it will probably suffer by comparison with KyoAni's Violet Evergarden, also in Paris... :/
EDIT: not in Paris, but inspired by ^^'

If we get two standalone full CDs that would be splendid.
But let's be real... when did that happen... brace for 50minute CDs.

I was trying to look at some BONES shows Re:tokutens but I couldn't find any recent ANIPLEX ones. :(
STAR DRIVER and Captain Earth had tokuten OSTs but they are 7+ years old by now.

Edit:
To be fair, half the ANIPLEX shows seem to be getting standalones these days. (This season's 86 from Sawano&co, Shadows House and Vivy.)

Last edited:
Accordion! I was not expecting to hear that here! Definitely my favorite of the three.

I’m definitely curious to see how this adaptation will be viewed once it comes out. Generally the responses from manga readers have been (unsurprisingly) positive, and all of the Pandora Hearts people are happy they got Kajiura back. But other than that, I’m not sure how much attention it’s going to get from anime-onlies. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I read the manga over the week.The story is pretty convoluted, and the drama is a little heavy handed, but the characters are likable and there's a lot of action. Also some fun spooky moments. I can see it gaining some traction if the adaptation is good, but I also won't be surprised if it flies under the radar.

The new sample is really nice, I like it a lot. I wonder if all the names we see on the PVs are also the track names. It'd be a nice change of pace

Back