Special-purpose playlists

yuki.n

Bowl of Yuki-shaped cereal
The other day I wanted to create a driving playlist with Kajiura songs, and I've been meaning to post them here, but it took me so long to remember that, that I ended up forgetting which these songs were :XD:

Anyway, so I decided to create a thread so that people can share their special-purpose playlists (e.g. for driving, for workout, for trying to sleep, etc). I'll dump my own songs in here when I get my brain back :XD:

I used to have a workout playlist, until I stopped using headphones all together for all purposes (besides gaming). But "signal" used to be on it. I thought it would give me strength to power through sets of workouts, but in contrast, it ended up DRAINING energy from me. It's a very negative song in my opinion, with a lot of unresolved conflict and disorder.

Interestingly, I used to have a "plank playlist", which was I believe five songs total, and one of them was "storytelling" (FictionJunction) and "believe" (Kalafina) was also in it, I think... I would skip the song of the playlist once I got tired of it and the final song would be "heavenly blue" (Kalafina), usually for the final 30 seconds of my plank goal, because the first thirty-seconds of the song flies by very quickly (and is my favorite part of the song).

That's very a good idea!! I was planning to create a playlist for specific Kala songs as well, I was gonna make a playlist for dark/light/orchestral/experimental/etc Kala songs but I always end up getting lazy smh, when I used to study or write something, I'd put all of Kajiura's projects including her compositions together in one playlist and play it, I need to start creating playlists for her and her other projects too.

I have my phone on random selection when I go cycling in the morning, so with mixed stuff between Kajiura and other Japanese music, but the songs that usually make me cycle faster are One Light, In the land of twilight under the moon, Destination Unknown, Magia, Ongaku, To the beginning and, oddly enough, Vanity. When I want to slow down, I usually choose My long forgotten cloistered sleep (FictionJunction version).

I'm the weird type who actually listen to loud songs before I go to sleep. Nowadays the playlist is filled with Korean group lol but back then some of the songs I put on the playlist were destination unknown, Mata Kaze ga Tsuyoku Natta, and progressive. Now only progressive remain on that playlist.

The only Kala playlist I have is one of a bunch of their ballads that I hardly ever listen to :p

I don't exactly have any pure Kajiuran playlists so to speak, but I do have a weightlifting playlist featuring tracks from the Berserk and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OSTs, as well as Kalasongs like Consolation, Obbligato, Mata Kaze, Magnolia, To the Beginning, Heavenly Blue and Destination Unknown and FJ songs like Toki no Mukou and Stone Cold.
Oh shit you lift?? What's your routine like

I recently started a program and I'm dying with leg day back to back squats and DL smfh #weakaf

This morning, when going cycling, I had a playlist made of some Italian pop songs and then Magia, KantanKatan, To the beginning, Blaze, Signal, Magnolia, In your eyes, Neverending, Märchen, Seventh Heaven and Red Moon.

Off topic: As I came back to my house, I stopped to pick up the mail and greet the neighbor. However, my headphones fell off yet my phone kept playing the song, so Red Moon exploded in the middle of the street at maximum volume, exactly at the point towards the end when all three are singing kajiurago and Keiko is having her part. My neighbor stared at me like I was crazy, and once I managed to turn it off (not before the next song started, which was Death Note's first opening), asked me, "Do you really like listening to people's tormented screams when you go cycling? You will go to hell young lady!"
It was rather interesting to realize how different that part of Red Moon sounds when taken out of context.

This morning, when going cycling, I had a playlist made of some Italian pop songs and then Magia, KantanKatan, To the beginning, Blaze, Signal, Magnolia, In your eyes, Neverending, Märchen, Seventh Heaven and Red Moon.

Off topic: As I came back to my house, I stopped to pick up the mail and greet the neighbor. However, my headphones fell off yet my phone kept playing the song, so Red Moon exploded in the middle of the street at maximum volume, exactly at the point towards the end when all three are singing kajiurago and Keiko is having her part. My neighbor stared at me like I was crazy, and once I managed to turn it off (not before the next song started, which was Death Note's first opening), asked me, "Do you really like listening to people's tormented screams when you go cycling? You will go to hell young lady!"
It was rather interesting to realize how different that part of Red Moon sounds when taken out of context.

I've always thought that red moon kinda sounds like a summoning ^^

I'm the weird type who actually listen to loud songs before I go to sleep.

I do it a lot too. Generally I'll start at a specific song (recently it's been 3:45AM by ling tosite sigure, which isn't exactly quiet) but it goes onto shuffle from there and, well, I have a thousand or so songs on my player and some of them are pretty goddamn loud, on account of all the metal I have. Loudness of song doesn't stop me from sleeping I guess, although it's been this way for years and as such I actually find it super hard to fall asleep without music playing.

I can't really say much about the topic though. The only playlist I have is one which has a hundred or so songs which I consider to be near-perfect out of the 25k or so songs I have. There's a dozen or so Kalafina/Kajiura songs on there I guess, but I don't listen to it often. I'm almost always listening to whole albums if I'm on my laptop or using shuffle with what little chunk of the music I have I can fit on my devices when I'm out or in bed.

since it's almost October maybe some of y'all would enjoy my Halloween playlist (basically what I'd imagine a FJC Halloween live to be)
  1. the dream fades before dawn III (Fate/Zero)
  2. fate to zero (Fate/Zero)
  3. red moon (Kalafina)
  4. inca rose (El Cazador)
  5. I talk to the rain (Tsubasa Chronicles)
  6. moonlight fiesta (El Cazador)
  7. Margalet (Madlax)
  8. lirica (Kalafina)
  9. Aogi no Uta (Elemental Gelade)
  10. the main theme of Petit Cossette (Petit Cossette)
  11. secret game (Noir)
  12. Kioku (See-Saw)
  13. Sen Otome ~ Aoi to Kuro no Kyousoukyu (Mai-Otome)
  14. prelude to Act 1 (PMMM)
  15. Pandora hearts expanded (Pandora Hearts)
  16. Bloody rabbit (Pandora Hearts)
  17. melody - "salva nos" ver. (Noir)
  18. to nowhere (.hack//sign)
  19. Hoshi no Utai (Kalafina)
  20. project leviathan (El Cazador)
  21. M7 (KnK Mirai Fukuin)
  22. saints (Madlax)
  23. ship of fools (Tsubasa Chronicles)
  24. Maxwell's witch (El Cazador)

YK Halloween playlist vol. 2!
  1. something, everything is wrong (PMMM)
  2. a memory of a tragedy (Xenosaga)
  3. witch (Tsubasa Chronicles)
  4. Kyrie (Kalafina)
  5. Jr. (Xenosaga)
  6. in the land of twilight, under the moon (.hack//sign)
  7. Himitsu (FictionJunction)
  8. the world is tumbling down (Fate/Zero)
  9. Tonky (SAO)
  10. Yami no Uta (Kalafina)
  11. flame (Madlax)
  12. Marchen (Kalafina)
  13. a stray child (.hack//sign)
  14. Utsukushisa (Kalafina)
  15. A shadow (Pandora Hearts)
  16. Bijyo to Yajyuu (Elemental Gelade)
  17. in everything nothing (Kalafina)
  18. here he comes #2 (Xenosaga)
  19. Alone (Pandora Hearts)
  20. a song of storm and fire (Tsubasa Chronicles)
  21. Signum malum (PMMM)
  22. shadows and fog (Sound of Foggy London)
  23. voices silently sing (Tsubasa Chronicles)
  24. godsibb (Xenosaga)

Hmm that playlist reminds me that i've yet listened to all songs from Elemental Gelade OST...

and witch omg long time no see (and listen). it's one of my favorite from TRC OST, gonna listen to it later.

talking about playlist, I actually made some Kajiura vocal-OST playlists grouped by the main singer. Tomaru Hanae and Itoh Eri are the one I listened to the most. I'm currently listening to frenetic from the Tomaru Hanae playlist.

please enjoy vol. 3 of this yk halloween playlist that I spent way too much time on this week!!
  1. there is a crack (Fate/stay night)
  2. M01 (KnK Tsukaku Zanryu)
  3. I beg you (Aimer)
  4. Tetotetometome (Kalafina)
  5. ruthless (Tsubasa Chronicles)
  6. Kasukanaru Aogi no Irodori (Elemental Gelade)
  7. silent ceremony (Petit Cossette)
  8. cynical world (Emily Bindiger)
  9. Gaika (FictionJunction)
  10. Administrator (SAO)
  11. moonflower (Petit Cossette)
  12. labyrinth (.hack//sign)
  13. Kouya Ruten (FictionJunction Yuuka)
  14. Usumurasaki (Kalafina)
  15. total eclipse (Tsubasa Chronicles)
  16. Pugna cum maga (PMMM)
  17. Chudelkin (SAO)
  18. Mezame (Mai-Hime)
  19. aura (.hack//sign)
  20. leviathan (El Cazador)
  21. testament (Xenosaga)
  22. requiem for the evil (Tsubasa Chronicles)
  23. Contractor (Pandora Hearts)
  24. lost command (Madlax)

I never knew about this threads until a few days ago. I'm always creating new playlist, I mostly use many different artist's song, but here is one of the Kajiura's-playlist. Hope you like it :innocent:

1- Mezame
2- cazador del amor
3- Natsu no asa
4- the first town
5- Kimi no gin no niwa
6- moonlight melody
7- Kaze no machi e
8- delete
9- aura
10- a stray child
11- Himeboshi
12 - Douran shoukan