Soundtracks of 2011

grunty

I have reached Yuki nirvana
Are there ANY soundtracks released in 2011 you'd recommend? Name 3!

My recommendations:
- Bastion (Darren Korb)
- BLOOD-C (Naoki Sato)
- LAST EXILE 2 (Hitomi Kuroishi)

Hum, I can't really recommend it since I've just watched a few episodes, but it seems to me that Guilty Crown's soundtrack was turning out to be quite nice. Also, Gundam Unicorn's. Both were done by Hiroyuki Sawano.

So Kuroishi is the composer for Last Exile 2? I was watching it but due to lack of time I wasn't able to watch it any further. Guess that's reason enough to go back to it.

I was planning on making an OST Recommendation topic, but this will do.

Anyway, right now I'm enjoying the Final Fantasy 13-2 OST. It has more delicious Hamauzu + some other composers whose names i can't remember right now.

Dark Souls also has some great tracks. I think all but one are chorus tracks.

If you like Persona music, then Reincarnation: Persona 4 is pretty good. It's all rearranged tracks from the game.

I also really like the first OST of Ao no Exorcist, but i have the feeling you've already listened to it :ohoho: .

And listen to the Nier OST if you haven't already.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 OST is... weird. Don't really think it's my kind of thing.
Blue Exorcist OST1 was surefine, OST2 was a snorefest.
NieR is so last year. Awesome, but last year. ^^

In FF XIII-2 Hamauzu rearranged some tracks from the first game and wrote some more. Then they added 3-4 other composers, among them Mizuta Naoshi, who did most of the rest of BGM, ORIGA and a rap guy named Shootie HG, who's songs are quite unfitting imo.

The soundtracks that I enjoyed alot this year are the Gossick OSTs. :dote:

Gundam 00 Movie OST :plot;

especially the track "Final Mission Quantum Burst"

:XD:

Re:

george1234 said:
In FF XIII-2 Hamauzu rearranged some tracks from the first game and wrote some more. Then they added 3-4 other composers, among them Mizuta Naoshi, who did most of the rest of BGM, ORIGA and a rap guy named Shootie HG, who's songs are quite unfitting imo.

Not really trying to defend him or anything, but I think you can only claim they do not fit once you play the whole game and discover where such songs are played, something I believe you have not done.

I have the feeling you have already listened to it grunty, but there is Oboromuramasa's Arrange Album. Also, I have not listened to it as well, but Final Fantasy Type-Zero's OST seems to be nice.

grunty said:
My recommendations:
- BLOOD-C (Naoki Sato)
Downloaded
grunty said:
- LAST EXILE 2 (Hitomi Kuroishi)
You liked it? I think it's nothing compared to the 1st season OST :uh..: So far I like only 2 tracks: Original sin and Sky to recovery

For an old soundtrack re-issued on CD in 2011:

Genesis of Aquarion Original Sound Track 2

There have been too many out-of-print brilliant soundtrack albums (e.g. Simoun) so re-issues of great soundtracks are most welcome.

Finally listened to Blood C OST. Vol 1 was pretty boring but vol 2 is really good.

What if we talk about all the soundtracks we like, which are not related to Yuki? I came across such a beautiful OST that I can't help sharing with you. :sohappy:
It is from the movie "Desert flower"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR1pgAqzNWA[/youtube]

Back