Signature limits

N

ninetales

I noticed that the sticky about signature size limits has disappeared, and a search didn't get me any results. The information isn't in the FAQ either. :confu:

Anyway, I want to put a different GIF in my sig, but I think it might be too big. Could I get a refresher on the size limits, please? :bow:

Re:

george1234 said:
Here

600x250 pixels, 500KB maximum file size, and that for the whole signature.
It will be more good if the size is 450px x 150px

cause sometimes the siggy is so huge that makes us hard to scroll down on the thread.

maybe the width doesn't matter because it does not affect scrolling. I think the column is just over 600 wide?

double post:

This is the stats on screen resolutions of forum (not main site) visitors over the past month.

since everyone has 1024 screens (or larger) maybe we can widen the forum to 1024. The main site is 1024!

forum.jpg

Re: Re:

tsubasa said:
george1234 said:
Here

600x250 pixels, 500KB maximum file size, and that for the whole signature.
It will be more good if the size is 450px x 150px

cause sometimes the siggy is so huge that makes us hard to scroll down on the thread.
I agree with Tsuba. The width may affect the forum page too and make it toooo wide :@_@:

Hmmmm.... 2048*1152.... I wonder who may that be... :psst:

/me flees.. :sohappy:

Having columns too wide can greatly diminish readability.

See: http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/3 ... phs-online

At the moment, we are about 80 characters wide - a little over best practices. The onions further throw off any attempt good typography.

Personally, I'd prefer giving members more control of their sidebar and doing away with signatures - but the new forum software is still a work in progress.

The onions further throw off any attempt good typography.

I agree with this. They're so huge that sometimes they make it look incredibly unattractive to look at when they're used on the second line, since there's a huge gap between them. That's why I always try and use them on the first line of a paragraph only, or on their own.

Re:

Kerahna said:
double post:

This is the stats on screen resolutions of forum (not main site) visitors over the past month.

since everyone has 1024 screens (or larger) maybe we can widen the forum to 1024. The main site is 1024!

forum.jpg
That might be a good idea!
I mean, the board looks really tiiiny on my 1600x monitor

Back