Seventh Heaven Cover

J

Jessica

Ayami, Kizuato and I had decided to challenge ourselves with this Lovely piece of melody called, Seventh Heaven. I, of course wanted to cover Wakana's part while Kizuato wanted to be Male Keiko and Ayami, Hikaru. Constructive Criticism is always welcomed and we hope you love this lovely project of ours.

: )

http://www.mediafire.com/?nir3mjittzj

I love it!! especially the parts that you, three, are singing all together!! :nosebleed: :nosebleed: great job!!! :goodjob:

Oo, seventh heaven, one of my favorite songs! Please forgive me if i get just a tad more subjective on this one.

In my opinion, this is not quite right. I suggest the following.

1) Kizu needs to sing a bit farther from the mic and also a bit louder. You can control the volume of his voice in audacity (or whatever program you guys use) when you mix the tracks together.

2) Ayami (she's the one singing right after Kizu's first part, right?) needs to stop trying to sound so much like Hikaru. And also,practice that vibrato more. It sounds somewhat awkward. Also be sure to warm up very very well before singing so you don't slip of the high notes.
You sound as though you're walking while you're singing sometimes.
Your singing sounds awkward and uncomfortable, i'm sorry.

3) Jess -more attitude, girl! Get into that forte when you have to and just do it! Also, don't forget to warm up before singing this. usually singing a few other songs that are in your higher and medium register will be enough..i guess.

And just generally, when you do the harmonies, listen to the original song and figure out who is the lead singer in that part and who backs her up. The backup voices should NOT be as loud as the lead singer's, except for the parts that Yuki arranged in that way (those sounds good due to the sound engineer's touch on them).

Good luck guys!

Re:

Ayashii said:
Oo, seventh heaven, one of my favorite songs! Please forgive me if i get just a tad more subjective on this one.

1) Kizu needs to sing a bit farther from the mic and also a bit louder. You can control the volume of his voice in audacity (or whatever program you guys use) when you mix the tracks together.

2) Ayami (she's the one singing right after Kizu's first part, right?) needs to stop trying to sound so much like Hikaru. And also,practice that vibrato more. It sounds somewhat awkward. Also be sure to warm up very very well before singing so you don't slip of the high notes.

3) Jess -more attitude, girl! Get into that forte when you have to and just do it! Also, don't forget to warm up before singing this. usually singing a few other songs that are in your higher and medium register will be enough..i guess.

And just generally, when you do the harmonies, listen to the original song and figure out who is the lead singer in that part and who backs her up. The backup voices should NOT be as loud as the lead singer's, except for the parts that Yuki arranged in that way (those sounds good due to the sound engineer's touch on them).

Good luck guys!

I sound awkward[to you] :sohappy: I love how i'm different. Different=cool :sparkleguy:

ty for the critique :dote:

oh and btw.. im not trying to sound like Hikaru. That's my range..it depends on the song how I sing it. Some songs require much more breaths than others, therefore a change will occur in my voice to I will have enough breath.

Re:

Ayashii said:

Good luck guys!

Thanks so much for your criticism, I've been told to sing with power, my voice sounds so low. But I will try to sing louder and practice more. : )

@ayami : does the audacity have amplify/fade or the amplitude button?

Re: Re:

Ayami said:
I sound awkward[to you] :sohappy: I love how i'm different. Different=cool :sparkleguy:

oh and btw.. im not trying to sound like Hikaru. That's my range..it depends on the song how I sing it. Some songs require much more breaths than others, therefore a change will occur in my voice to I will have enough breath.

Ok granted, you're not trying to sound like Hikaru, but really, you CAN do better.Different does not always = cool. Don't
get used to that idea. Yes you do sound awkward [to me], but who's to say you don't sound so to others?

Just because you don't think someone's right doesn't mean they can't be right. Even with the best there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

I could go all "OMG AWESOME STUFF GRATZ GIRLS THA TWAS SO AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111" but that wouldn't be of use to anyone.

Re:

yamamura06 said:
@ayami : does the audacity have amplify/fade or the amplitude button?
yes
Ayashii said:
Ayami said:

Ok granted, you're not trying to sound like Hikaru, but really, you CAN do better.Different does not always = cool. Don't
get used to that idea. Yes you do sound awkward [to me], but who's to say you don't sound so to others?

Just because you don't think someone's right doesn't mean they can't be right. Even with the best there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

I could go all "OMG AWESOME STUFF GRATZ GIRLS THA TWAS SO AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111" but that wouldn't be of use to anyone.

ok, I don't think you know what I meant by "different". The other two, you go "improve on this and that" etc but for me you talk about my voice itself..not my singing -___-. That's my voice.. nothing I can do about it. That's more of an insult than a critique. The "different=cool" thing was actually in a more sarcastic way than literal meaning.(it also makes me feel better because you could really put someone down by saying that)

"Even with the best there is ALWAYS room for improvement. " Ofcourse I do !! no one said I was perfect.
"Just because you don't think someone's right doesn't mean they can't be right". No one said you were wrong either...sighs

I even thanked you for your "critique", why come at me with these irrelevant comments.. it's not really a big deal..

Ok then, my bad. If that's your voice, then i have nothing more to say.
I did say in the beginning that it's one of my fav songs and i may not be very objective at times.

Sorry if i have offended you.

Slightly creepy that a man has the lead voice here :D

but nice singing. I can't produce a pure tone to save my life

Back