Scoop for "Canta Per Me"! Kajura-go unveiled

Intersting the links you posted.

http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/official-kajiuran-zodiacal-sign-himeboshi-mezame.4642/

That "Himeboshi" song.

It seems to recall me portuguese language even if i am not skilled at it.

In Mezame I've heard words like "mesma hora" ("in the same hour", "at the same moment")

And in Himeboshi" song the final part where official lyrics says:

cam ye cam ye cam ye ayaye
i solai mi madisimo
i cella di adisia

Seems to me it sounds like that:

com meu, com meu, com meu jo vejo te (?)
Y sonho mi marisol
...ela que jo disio/ ela que eu disio (?)

Last edited by a moderator:
You may notice in any case that Himeboshi has many words from hiberical neolatin languages: testa is italian, conjunction i is catalan, mente is italian and spanish, noche is undoubtfully spanish. Ayaye seems like a niponization of spanish exclamation like ayayay.

You should in any case remember that we are talking about lyrics written by a woman who lived in Europe (Germany) and used to listen classical music, mainly lyric opera. In classical opera a certain kind of litterary italian language is widespread.

As being expert in medieval music too, as we could listen in many songs, I think that Kajiura-san explored many genres, and maybe she has achieved some academic degrees about these music genres. This could explain also skills with occitan and/or catalan speaking. Have you informations about YK curriculum of studies, George?

@ professor
After the experience with Sis Puella Magica and the current ongoing with Credens Justitiam I tend not to trust anymore lyric tests, even original ones...

So in Himeboshi song the conjunction "i" could perhaps being really correct spanish castellan "y" rather than "i" in catalan.

I am starting believing that Kajiura san as many japanese persons is very shy, and she creates musics in various languages she knows but she also accredited this story of kajuira-go because she is very afraid she could commit errors or be ungrammatical, and she is afraid to be blamed for this fact.

At least it was right you who teached me that japanese culture hss been influenced with those phenomenon called "the culture of shame" where people to stay in the society need not to loose their face in public, or they will be biased and put at margins bounduaries of society.

Imagine how could be difficult for a japanese musician (for example) to be biased by his own fanbase because he committed grammatical errors in an english language song.
His career will be doomed.

If that will reveal to be true, I wonder if is correct to spreading the versions of Sis Puella Magica that I reconstucted and the version of Credens Justitiam that I am working on.
Revealing that Kajiura san writes songs in plain italian, or german or french, but in a second time she masks it as unintellegible, could cause damage to her in that strange society that is Japan.

I will wipe out the "halo" of mystery that pervades her songs and music creations.
Also these songs are actually "universal" as their lyrics belongs to not any nation worldwide.
Discovering it has been written in plain common language, will diminish their value as pure music creations.

Also from another point of view this fact could result in a favour to her, making increasing her fame...

What a dilemma!

Also again another hypotesis is that she started her self made lingo by simply mixing original various languages unrelated sentences like "sky is blue" and "anima mia gioconda" in the very first phase of her creation of kajiura-go. At that phase it belongs Sis Puella Magica that I revealed to be italian.

Then it started a middle phase when she used again sentencies like "il cielo è bello" translitterating it from romaji to katakana "iru ciero e bero".

While nowadays we experienced a third evolution in Kajiura-go where she is mixing single words like "testa", or "mente", "mesma hora", like in Himeboshi song just for their pure sound and musical value and there is not anymore a foreign language being used with complete sentences into her creations.

But this hypotesis does not match a timeline!!!

First Phase = 2001 = Noir = Plain italian
Second Phase = 2011 = Magica Madoka = Italian simple sentences joint together
Third Phase = 2004 = Mai Hime= Unrelated words from various languages

No, does not match....

As being expert in medieval music too, as we could listen in many songs, I think that Kajiura-san explored many genres, and maybe she has achieved some academic degrees about these music genres. This could explain also skills with occitan and/or catalan speaking. Have you informations about YK curriculum of studies, George?

As far as Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuki_Kajiura menthions and Yuki Kajiura has told in interviews, she started learning piano with her father when she was little. When at university she studied systems engineering and after gratuating she started working on related-to-it job, but a bit later she stopped to focus on composing which she had been doing as amateur till that time. No studies of music or any related diplomas are menthioned.

So we can assume that she either has done related studies but doesnt menthion them, or she has done self-study.

Concerning the syntax errors, we've spotted a few in some of the songs in english, for example http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/ring-your-song/ the title "ring your song"
http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/dream-scape/ ("In my" instead of "in me")

So I can suspect that she isnt afraid to make songs in other languages considering that she has made around 40 or more songs in english since the start of her career (.hack SIGN & Luminality, Fiction I, Fiction II, noir's "maze", Tsubasa Chronicle's "tsubasa" etc) + canta per me in italian and salva nos in latin, so I think that your "shame/shiness" argument is not powerful here, and its more what she said in one of the interviews here http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/about-kajiurago/ that she made kajiurago because she wants to use vocals without them tieing the music they are used in with the specific scene of the show, so the director can use that music in multiple parts of the show.

Also not trusting the officially published kajiurago lyrics I think isnt a good idea.

Last edited:
As far as Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuki_Kajiura menthions and Yuki Kajiura has told in interviews, she started learning piano with her father when she was little. When at university she studied systems engineering and after gratuating she started working on related-to-it job, but a bit later she stopped to focus on composing which she had been doing as amateur till that time. No studies of music or any related diplomas are menthioned.

So we can assume that she either has done related studies but doesnt menthion them, or she has done self-study.

I read the italian wikipedia, but I assumed it was rather incomplete. Now I see that the english version has the same informations. How bad. Thanks for sharing it.

Now I am perplexed, regarding specific knowledges, but happy she is self made and pure genius.

I'm going to have to counter your theory with the fact that Kajiura has given very valid and very commendable (imo) reasons as to why she chose to have her lyrics be gibberish. I, however, cannot provide you with a source as I am only recalling this off the top of my head and cannot remember where I gleamed this information from. I would think that she has been asked this question a lot (Does it have any meaning? Why?) and that I have read it multiple times in various places.

She says that no, it does not have any meaning. She chooses the lyrics based on whatever fits the melody the most and not being restricted to intelligible words allows her to do so. After a while, you're gonna instinctively know what fits best. I think she said her singers now instinctively knows how she wants it to sound because it just fits best. She doesn't have to direct them on how to pronounce a word.

She doesn't use lyrics with meaning because that would limit the scope of where the song can be used. It can either not fit some scenes entirely, or have unintended sway over how the audience views a scene. In fact, she is even careful with the lyrics for her songs that have intelligible lyrics. For example, she recently said she made an effort to make sure that her lyrics for Kimi no Gin no Niwa does not affirm or deny a certain someone's actions in the movie. She thinks that it is something that should be left up to the viewer to decide, and not something she should influence with her lyrics.

It's something that I really like about her. She writes lyrics that are, imo more often than not, beautiful and meaningful to the series, and carefully thinks of how her music and lyrics impacts the series. But don't let that stop you from carrying on, it's actually quite fascinating to consider, however unlikely I think it may be.

Reactions: aki
Back