rito

Interesting that she never had a original Kajiura song and only did covers(LINO LEIA has vocal bgm now.....)
I'll wait for her to have a song from Kajiura someday since I think she is more promising than LINO LEIA :TdT:

Interesting that she never had a original Kajiura song and only did covers(LINO LEIA has vocal bgm now.....)
I'll wait for her to have a song from Kajiura someday since I think she is more promising than LINO LEIA :TdT:
She has もう君のことを見たくない though lol. LINO LEIA is very much favored by the Japanese crowd though. Some people on the Kajiura lists on twitter (back then) basically said that they wanted her to become a FJ mainstay, some even went as far as saying that she should replace Joelle and let Joelle just be a guest vocalist on YKL#17 and #18 questionnaire... which is kinda crazy ngl because Joelle is a much better vocalist. I think she's just okay. But I guess people and even Kajiura herself really love her voice.

Back to rito, that Gloria cover is quite delightful. Gloria is one of those songs that to me is naturally dampened by Wakana's natural somber/sad tone, so even though the mood was supposed to be happy it still ended up sounding somewhat sad.

….I forgot I was absent from parade after-release in the forum :TdT:

Yes I 100% knew もう君のことを見たくない is a new song for Parade. But after reading parade articles few months ago(I'll share this if I can still find it/if someone is interested), apparently Kajiura made this song with a male image in mind. I assumed it means that she wanted a male vocalist but it's not possible maybe cause of her rules she made herself lmao.

Just to clarify, when song/s are released, sometimes/rarely Kajiura mention that those songs are made with certain vocalist. For example, alleluia was made envisioned with Keiko's vocal/ Yakou Toryou was made due to her likeness of ASCA's bright tone etc. etc. The thing is, when Kajiura does this, funnily enough I really really like the songs lol. So I was shocked by もう君のことを見たくない behind the scenes considering this is my 2nd fav from the album(ofc Yakou Toryou my beloved :love::love::love::love: )

LINO LEIA is very much favored by the Japanese crowd though. Some people on the Kajiura lists on twitter (back then) basically said that they wanted her to become a FJ mainstay, some even went as far as saying that she should replace Joelle and let Joelle just be a guest vocalist on YKL#17 and #18 questionnaire... which is kinda crazy ngl because Joelle is a much better vocalist. I think she's just okay. But I guess people and even Kajiura herself really love her voice.
From the leaks live, I could see why they like LINO LEIA but LMAO replacing Joelle? Kajiura made the best decision getting Joelle imagine replacing her :swt: For sure these are Kalastans wanting FJ to be idoly vibe and probably not liking Joelle because lol.

Back to rito, that Gloria cover is quite delightful. Gloria is one of those songs that to me is naturally dampened by Wakana's natural somber/sad tone, so even though the mood was supposed to be happy it still ended up sounding somewhat sad.
Highway Star I think uploaded 4? covers commemorating Kajifes and I agree Gloria best cover(right amount of emotion and vocal control). In Wakana's defense(eewww), Kajiura maybe wanted church-like atmosphere on the song so... :groucho:

Thanks for sharing.

Cool 80's feeling medium-fast pop song. Cool to see rito in her own MV. She's warming into it.

I immediately thought first of a comparison with Hikaru singing, then my mind went to Keiko's "Be Yourself". rito's voice had more nasal resonance here than in the YK songs to me. Maybe since she didn't have the enveloping music like in those cases.

I went to listen to the debut album again after watching YK 30th Anniversary over the past 2 days again, to recall how her voice sounds outside Kajiura music in a more pop, punk-pop context, and faster songs --- guitar-heavy too!

Usable head voice, register switching ability (in a pop context), reasonable low range, ability to use a more whiny-nasal sound to sing cuter/youthful, and a fuller, darker sound for a more mature/dramatic style (AKA versatility!), and to do some nice mini-runs. She's also Hikaru-type dramatic on stage for YK slower songs, and does similar to Hikaru's nods in emoting/communicating lyrics while singing.

I am hoping to hear her anchor a dramatic (darker), character-type anisong sometime in the future.

Back