OMG am i crazy or does this song sound like Honoh no Tobira?

I was also thinking of the same thing when i listened to Stardust Melodia the other day, i have been trying to play this on the piano as well, hopefully i will be able to get the right notes, i have been trying to make some new renditions of this song as well, though i might need more practice.

There are a lot of songs nowadays that i fin using the same melodies so this would not be a big surprise.

Re: Re:

yao-ming-meme.jpg

Unlike this guy...he copied the whole song...
without crediting Kajiura in the album :blood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feMz2yGxByk

^ Unfortunately, I keep expecting to hear him start rapping every time I hear I Talk To The Rain. :bloodlust:

I just knew it now, and :omg: :blood: He ruined I talk to the Rain...

I watched the I talk to the Rain plagiarist again on youtube and I saw a lot of people praising the song, saying that the guy was genius, this is very good, magnificent while they don't know that the guy is a plagiarist...
I talk to the rain is one of the best vocal track from TRC for me and that guy just ruined it.

And for the open your heart rap, I don't know if the rapper credited YK or not, if he didn't then he is another plagiarist, but actually I somehow love the rap because it's kinda get along with the lyrics, and the rapper voice isn't half-bad either, unlike that I talk to the rain one...

But still, for me no one will hear it if the song doesn't have background music as good as I talk to the rain. Anyway I just read the english comment and not the espanol/latin/portuguese/mexican ---> (I can't differ them, although they're totally different) ones...

That was a stu*** rap... :stupidtable: I'm not a fan of rap and that man just ruined Yuki's masterpiece.

Sorry for digging up this thread with may-be-unrelated issue, but I've just listened to other songs of Ceui...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHgAHMvbHHs&feature=kp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbdiGf4VsCo

and I think I'd not the only one who catch the same melody lines from the hooks of these songs and other big hits from Gundam SEED: Invoke and Kimi wa Boku Ni Naiteru. The first one is really obvious for me while the second one isn't much obvious but that similar melody has longer duration. I know that they may be a kind of basic note patterns that anyone can use in their songs but the fact that it's at the beginning of the hooks, repeated over and over in the songs....and the previous Stardust Melodia issue......

It may be just a coincidence.... Even I feel that they are beautiful songs, this issue made me feel uncomfortable when I listen to these songs...:(. (Or Ceui herself is a big fan of Gundam SEED series songs and used them as 'inspiration'? :uh..:)

Yes that's what I've posted in on otakuland section, on the anime chart thread, iirc. I like that song (soai calendula from Hakkenden) but it was sooo familiar in my ear, and I feel like I've heard this before from a Kajiura composition, and after some time I realized that it's pretty much like kimi wa boku ni niteiru, but I'm not so sure because like stardust melodia, while they have a similar arrangement and key progress, the melody lines are different. Ceui is so not original. :(

^ well even when she's a fan, she should say "hey I got my inspiration from those songs" instead of trying to sell them as something completely new.

Sorry for digging up this thread with may-be-unrelated issue, but I've just listened to other songs of Ceui...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHgAHMvbHHs&feature=kp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbdiGf4VsCo

and I think I'd not the only one who catch the same melody lines from the hooks of these songs and other big hits from Gundam SEED: Invoke and Kimi wa Boku Ni Naiteru. The first one is really obvious for me while the second one isn't much obvious but that similar melody has longer duration. I know that they may be a kind of basic note patterns that anyone can use in their songs but the fact that it's at the beginning of the hooks, repeated over and over in the songs....and the previous Stardust Melodia issue......

It may be just a coincidence.... Even I feel that they are beautiful songs, this issue made me feel uncomfortable when I listen to these songs...:(. (Or Ceui herself is a big fan of Gundam SEED series songs and used them as 'inspiration'? :uh..:)

Just dug up this thread now that I have (most) of Ceui's albums.

Had a listen to:

Stardust Melodia from Labyrinthus (which has been noted for similarity to Honoh no Tobirah by FictionJunction YUUKA in an earlier message in this thread),

Truth of My Destiny from Labyrinthus (compared to Invoke from Gundam Seed, TM Revolution song), and

Soai Calendula 『奏愛カレンデュラ』from ガブリエル・コード_~エデンへ導く光の楽譜~ / Gabriel Code - Score of Light Leading to Eden (compared to Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru 「君は僕に似ている」from Gundam Seed Destiny - See Saw).

There are similarities - maybe the earlier songs' inspiration too strongly influenced the songs by Ceui.

Back