i will check on your video for sure when i got back
:sohappy:
can imagine that it will sounds nice
niney's :dote:

Very, very beautiful covers!

Some notes/critique.... :psst:

Kimi ga:
  • Opening was still a touch "mechanical";
  • Lyrical section was marvellously done. However, as you are using weighted keys, it would have definitely benefited more if you had incorporated more dynamic sections (eg. quick pp to mf/ff changes).
  • Very interesting and beautiful use of the lower registers.... (rocker chick at play here?..../is shot
  • Similarly to the middle section, the closing bits could have dealt with better control of the dynamics (and textures)

Parallel Hearts:
  • Excellent technical control
  • Maybe it's just me, but I think it could have benefited overall playing just a touch faster :XD:

Seventh Heaven:
  • DAT LEFT HAND!!! :dote: :dote: :dote: :dote:
  • Oh....and that cover of yours, miss....is pure MAGIC!!
  • Needless to say, my most favourite cover of all three! :psst:
  • I really don't know if there's anything left to improve on for this one! :XD:

^ Thank you! :bow:

For Kimi ga, I guess I was playing around with the left hand...I've been wanting to use that bass arrangement for a while, actually :XD:

For Parallel Hearts, I actually tried to play it at the same tempo as the original, so my arrangement is probably making it sound slower. Sorry about that...

For Seventh Heaven...thank you~ :sohappy:

:XD:

Which you nearly did for the opening bits, anyway! (close match to the 90+ bpm)

The bits after the opening stanza were a totally different tempo, though (which is not reflected in most of the sheet music).

^ Well, I always get caught up in the music and gradually speed up, so I'm surprised that it didn't end up faster! :XD:

How was my left hand in P.H., by the way? I hope it was a bit more varied than Progressive's...

Hmm...my soundcard is kinda conking out now....so I can't give any review on it now (with a re-listen).

I got a bit too distracted by the slow tempo, though.

Overall, I did get the slightly mechanical/droning sound/character of it. Which made it sound (no offence!!!) a tad boring.

^ Ah, I see...I've still got work to do on that, then! :TdT:
Don't worry, I'm definitely open to advice on my arrangements. Since I do them by ear and usually don't change them very much after I've played the song a few times, there's always the potential that they're not the best.

OMG wonderful covers! :sohappy: I like your selection of songs Niney!

Niney would you marry me?
Just kidding! :ohoho:
:shy:

those 3 are among my favorites!

not gonna elaborate like K I'll put it in ratings or what sounds appealing to my ear in short.

Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaeteiku 7/10
Well attempted approach but there're still room for improvements, but going a bit more truthful to the original flow would sound much better imo. exactly like what K said.

Parallel Hearts 8/10
Going louder or coming in strong during "Boku la wa" verse should do the trick, not faster imo, this song has to be more impactful imo. Stronger niney! make us feel it. I love this!

Seventh Heaven 9/10
Nicely done very good indeed!. Imo this cover will only improve further, if you're feeling what Shiki feels towards Kokutou during her darkest moments. :cry: . Simply perfect!

Niney, I just got home and I curious bout your cover then, I've listened to those 3 covers.... and it's nice as what I'm expecting~ :dote:
and after seeing those 3 covers, now I somehow know your accompaniment pattern, niney~ :XD:

anyway~
I think, for Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaeteiku, for me I think it has a nice start, but I guess, it might be better to make more variation though I think it's a big challenge for slow repeating song...when it's not easy to make improvisation for the accompaniment and keep the song in the same mood...isn't it? >_< :cry:

and for Parallel Hearts, it's nice! I like it. and it sounds so Niney~ :dote:

and the last one~~
Seventh Heaven...I could say this one is the one that I like the most from these 3 covers... :dote: it's...a beautiful cover, niney~~ :touched: the mood...the accompaniment...and I love the way you used those chords, Niney~ :dote:

*now a fan of Niney*
I love progressive, seventh heaven and magia so much, I can almost hear the girls singing in my head when listening to your covers. :love: :shy:
I can't belive you make them by ear, you're amazing :bow:
Please do more covers :plz: Maybe Ongaku if it's not too hard? :confu:
Ganbate~ :cheer:

Gonna start stakling your youtube account :ohoho:

I LOVE the Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku piano cover :dote: (I always wanted to hear the instrumental :uh..: )

Shall I add my request? I would like an instrumental of KnK3's "M19+20", aka If I cry's battle theme part. the piano part on it is nice but I always wanted to hear how the strings and chorus melody would be like in piano.

Oh I would be overuse of your 1 song at a time rule, but I would kill for a piano ver of the unreleased tsubasa tokyo revelation battle music. From here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... _eY#t=159s I think its Eri Itou X FJ.

Re:

Kowz said:
DOUBLE POST!

Niney, how about playing the Madlax unreleased piano track?
The one when Rimalda was leaving her house? Please, do! :bow:

Just did Sapphire the other day~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W6sGYRG6-o[/youtube]

EDIT

Ongaku too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc-nTBhXlag[/youtube]

Also, can someone please link me to that Madlax piano track? I've never heard it.

Back