New Chat Complaint Thread (Mark 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sudrien sound seems to be working at least most of the time now. I gather that sounds shouldn't be happening for one's own messages, but only for other people's messages?

@Sudrien sound seems to be working at least most of the time now. I gather that sounds shouldn't be happening for one's own messages, but only for other people's messages?

It should be happening when the chat window isn't the active one. I.E., you're browsing in another tab or another window.

So of course you won't get a notification sound from your own messages, as the chat window has to be active when you send them.

It should be happening when the chat window isn't the active one. I.E., you're browsing in another tab or another window.

So of course you won't get a notification sound from your own messages, as the chat window has to be active when you send them.

Thanks for that, I didn't understand how it was supposed to work.

The upgrade to Candy Chat 2.0.0 almost went well. I'm seeking help on the errors that remain.

( No, reverting will not fix this, unfortunately. Chat has also moved to a different server. )

So I have not figured out yet what y'all are doing to break chat, but you all certainly are doing the wrong thing to get it back to a working state.

0. you notice the message you just sent is not showing up.
1. hit F5. This should force-reload the page.
2. If you see your message, all is well.
2a. If you see someone counting down from 12, all is well. Resend the message once they have reached 0.
2b. If you do not see the message, count down from 12, a number per line. This should clear out the erroring message. Hit f5 when you are done. Resend your missing message.

ALSO: if somebody wants to be helpful, and knows something about javascript

https://chat.canta-per-me.net/?debug=1 puts a lot more debug information to the console. If you are at point 2b, load up that version and copy down what errors it gives.

0. you notice the message you just sent is not showing up.
1. hit F5. This should force-reload the page.
2. If you see your message, all is well.
2a. If you see someone counting down from 12, all is well. Resend the message once they have reached 0.
2b. If you do not see the message, count down from 12, a number per line. This should clear out the erroring message. Hit f5 when you are done. Resend your missing message.

ALSO: if somebody wants to be helpful, and knows something about javascript

https://chat.canta-per-me.net/?debug=1 puts a lot more debug information to the console. If you are at point 2b, load up that version and copy down what errors it gives.

Hi, even with trying all of that, all I can see are my messages after a reload (the first time that I tried that procedure).

Iceweasel (unbranded Firefox) 38.1.0 here.

Will be installing another chat server - openfire - instead of the one we've been using, prosody. Chat will be down until it isn't.

(note: openfire was my earlier choice, but previous server restrictions forced me to pick another option)

One characteristic of the disconnects is that the username lingers on, so one has to reconnect with a different username. Sometimes one has to refresh the web page also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back