Mixing/Mastering/Recording on Yuki Kajiura releases.

Assuming you are continuing here about Kajiura's Xenosaga then the PS2 (hardware) has nothing to do with how her tracks sound in those particular games or the released soundtracks.

Inspired by the new forum activity, I updated the above credits with more anime soundtracks until Vanitas.
Only missing Mirai Fukuin (I don't think I have the scans) and El Melloi (too lazy to take the booklet out, same with Historia3), I think.
Oh yea, also SAO and Madoka movies. Eh, I'll add those later with El Melloi and Historia3.

Last edited:
Case in point is Princess Principal. At first, it did quite little to me. I even thought it as one of my weakest YK soundtracks. I remember asking myself why did I bother with this OST.

However, I took a relisten to it with my studio sub and some adjustments to the acoustic environment, plus with my new CD/multimedia player. Holy cow! The OST came alive so much more!:touched: I think it is because there's quite a lot of bass (low frequency) information on the PP OST, more than usual, and bad low frequency playback easily messes with the rest of the content.

I was struck by the quality of Puella Magi Madoka Magica Music Collection 🎶 The better your music system and acoustics, the greater the musical harvest you will reap concerning this album. I believe it is sonically one of her most nuanced works, and the orchestra has a more prominent role in this one than in many others. Very well done. 👏

Back