List of unreleased See-Saw songs found (with surprise)

N

ninetales

While looking for Dareka Watashi To lyrics, I stumbled on this See-Saw fansite - namely, a page that listed songs they performed live but never officially released.

Quick translation of the song descriptions (I skipped Chao Tokyo)

Mori ni itadakarete:
"after their debut they always did this song, and i thought it'd be in a single or album, but it became a phantom song. it's uptempo but the lyrics are a little dazzling."

Cars:
"here's a song that they conversely did before their debut. after their debut they did it in their first tour and that's the last time I remember it. it's also uptempo, kinda like a coupling (B-side) song but sadly it hasn't come to the light of day yet. [other stuff] and it makes you dance with the sound of a car engine starting as the intro."

Kai:
"this is my favorite ballad song. magnificent feelings, there's a part where the vocals really soar. Chiaki does a great job balancing it as it fades."

Mune no Yukue:
"was deeply moved from the very beginning and I remember the melody being splendidly strong. they haven't put male vocals as backing till now [can't get this...maybe they put male chorus and it worked or something?] got chills in the English chorus part."

Rokuda no Yume:
"hmm, kinda don't have an impression left over from this one. it's got feelings kinda like Mata Aeru Kara."

Mania:
"from the beginning, the last careless piece. [something something] got an image like Dareka Watashi to."

Himawari:
"hmm, this one was good. [etc.]"

So this means that Mune no Yukue was originally written for See-Saw, and was performed by them live - in 1999, specifically. I don't think there's any doubt that it's the same song, especially with "English chorus" being mentioned.

Personally I'm expecting more old songs of theirs to pop up in Kala releases soon...

^Wow, interesting find. I wonder if the ballad one will make it to a Kala song, I would love to hear it. :dote:

Yes we know about these songs, there were in some live setlists here http://canta-per-me.net/live-events/1999-female/ and here http://canta-per-me.net/live-events/1994-slender2/. But we didnt knew if they were actualy See-Saw songs or covers. Also I had totally forgotten about Mune no Yukue. We als oknew about that site, its in our links page, however at that time we had nobody to translate these lines, so thanks for the translation ! :sohappy:

thanks for the find!

So so far Kalafina have put vocal in one old Yuki composition (Yumi no Uta) and have cover 2 old see-saw songs I have a dream and Mune no Yukue, and if you add up Hitomi no Chikara and silent moon of FJ that makes 5 songs released :dote:

Niney urmm do u have a vid or mp3 version of Mune no Yukue See Saw version live??? :confu:

I really want to hear it XD?

@ninetales : Maybe in the original Mune no Yukue, the one who sings the "let me roll in the darkness of the river of life" in Mune no Yukue chorus is male chorus? If that's the case, then the original Mune no Yukue will have more 'Lion King' feeling.

This is soo interesting. Thanks, ninetales~

Male vocals! I want to hear this version :ayashii:

And orz I called the song "fresh"

Re:

Why Kajiura recycles songs from See-Saw...? Why? WHY?
I like it :D

george1234 said:
old see-saw songs I have a dream
But is this confirmed? Has See-Saw a song called I have a dream? Or it was composed originally for the group?

^ same question. I remember jokes about I Have a Dream based on it being eponymous to See-Saw's album, but there doesn't seem to be an eponymous See-Saw song... Even the site Niney's translated doesn't list it among unreleased ones. Besides, it's one thing to dig up an old song or tune for a separate track in an album and another thing to get tasked with writing a tie-in and finding something exactly matching in your closet.

So this means that Mune no Yukue was originally written for See-Saw, and was performed by them live - in 1999, specifically.

So they performed live occasionally, during their first hiatus? Man, why can't it happen now... :wai:

I have little trouble imagining Chiaki's vocal on Mune no Yukue. :ayashii: And I'd really like to hear all those other unreleased songs. Thanks for the info, Niney! :sohappy:

Why Kajiura recycles songs from See-Saw...? Why? WHY?

My best guess is... Because she feels like it? :XD:

@Kazado: The second, on the "I have a dream" booklet that yuki-n has there were in the booklet as decoration some lyrics that were the same as in the Kalafina song,

found it, now uploading.

:nophoto:
----------------------------------------------------------
:nophoto:

The lines on the left page, same as
I have a dream

ささやかすぎて

とても君に言えそうにはないけれど

from http://canta-per-me.net/lyrics/i-have-a-dream-kalafina/

so there's no way its not that :)

^ :swt:

But that just means that Kajiura took the words of the booklet and pass them to a song composed by herself in the actual times. The text of I have a dream booklet is just text, there's no still confirmation of a song with music. But the recycled song theory explains why I like that ballad and it sounds unkajiura, lol.

ninetales said:
Mune no Yukue:
"got chills in the English chorus part."
I wonder what's the opinion of Chiaki on all of this.
Yuki composed the music and arranged the songs, but Chiaki wrote the lyrics before that they changed to Victor Entertainment...

Lol I thought the two 'I have a dream's were different songs with the same title..guess my guess was wrong.
Maybe KEIKO's parts in 'Mune no Yukue' were the male parts or something? But, I think it's not the type of song that would give somebody the chills. Maybe these two are completely different songs with the same title..? :ayashii:

^ Except if they were sung in a different way, or if the Kalafina one is a ballad version of an unbit original of see-saw.

Also add into the unreleased songs, "Only at Jusco" viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2070 and "Dream Field". Yuki has said in an interview (http://canta-per-me.net/yuki-kajiura/in ... shinseido/) that she didnt ended up in the same title album, so it should release a Kalafina song at some point :ayashii:

-And then finally, for the first time in eight years, your third album is released on Feb 21. What meaning does the title”Dream Field” have?

(Kajiura) One of the meanings is, that I’ve made songs for openings and endings of animes, which are fiction(=dream) . And the other is,that a new song named “Dream Field” was going to be the title song. In terms of recording capacity, however, that is not contained in the album. I was not sure whether to contain “edge”, too. When I listed all of the songs, I found this song was a little too characteristic to contain in the album. This time I didn’t contain it because I wanted to emphasize a flow of the songs.

^ There's one to the Only at Jusco one, on the link I provided but there's a woman saying all the time to granpas and grandmas to be careful when using the escalator :XD:

I think that the first time we heard Mune no Yukue, someone (including me) said that it seems to be in the same style as I have a dream and not much Kala..lol. So I'm not surprised... :ayashii: . I know about Silent Moon but also Hitomi no Chikara...:confu:. AFAIK, Yuki thought that it's kind of 'sounds not much FictionJunction YUUKA' but they finally made it in Parallel Hearts album. (Even I can imagin how Chiaki would sing this song though...)

^I do remember Yuki saying that she wrote it for Yuuka, but she felt Yuuka wasn't ready to sing it.

Lol I thought the two 'I have a dream's were different songs with the same title..guess my guess was wrong.

So there IS a See-Saw song called "I Have a Dream"? Or isn't there? :confu: :@_@:

^I do remember Yuki saying that she wrote it for Yuuka, but she felt Yuuka wasn't ready to sing it.

I'm downright ignorant about such things, so I don't really see why... Hitomi no Chikara sounds like a usual FJY song to me, on par with Futari.

Just to let everyone know, there are no recordings of these songs...that's why they were listed in the section for "songs they performed but never recorded". No bootlegs either, sadly :leaf:

^^Then I wonder how they managed to make the descriptions of the songs. Do they have such a wonderful memory? :omg:

^ I guess they attended that specific live event and wrote down impressions after they returned. That site is old.

Back