Konnichiwa, I'm Terry Tsurugi

Terry Tsurugi

7 billion humans. She must know I exist
I just discovered Yuki Kajiura in January while watching Kara no Kyoukai. I was blown away by the music, so I've been trying to find out as much as I can about her and I've been listening to her non-stop ever since. This website has been an incredible resource for a newbie like me, helping me learn about Yuki and her various projects. I'm so thankful for this site and all of you who keep it going.

I'm sad that just when I finally discovered her, she and Kalafina went through some problems with their agency, jeopardizing future projects. I'm really bummed that I may never get the chance to see Kalafina live. However, I'm super-excited about seeing Yuki at Anime Expo, and I've got my tickets (although Keiko and Wakana will be sorely missed). I wish I had discovered all of this amazing music years ago, but this has renewed my interest in pop music in general, since I had gotten kind of bored with the old pop music I had been listening to and needed something different.

Wow, you're going to Anime Expo!! I'm jealous :XD:. I want to go see Yuki live so badly but I can't :cry:.

Anyway, enjoy your time here!! :dote:

Thanks Westkana. It’s been many years since I’ve looked forward to a concert this much. I’m so used to the typical concerts where the performers make no effort to hide how bored they are or how out of tune their singing is. It’s going to be quite a thrill to see Yuki and her group sing and play their hearts out with maximum effort, playing all these awesome songs.

Hi CallOfLegend, hopefully we all get that privilege eventually. I really envy all those who’ve been to many FJ and Kalafina concerts. But thankfully in the meantime we have all those great recordings and videos to enjoy.

Welcome Terry!

I’m so used to the typical concerts where the performers make no effort to hide how bored they are or how out of tune their singing is. It’s going to be quite a thrill to see Yuki and her group sing and play their hearts out with maximum effort, playing all these awesome songs.

That's really sad, I feel that I am yet to have a bad Japanese concert experience, whether it has been Kalafina / Yuki Kajiura or other artists, at a venue like Saitama Super Arena with 27,000 people or a tiny coffee shop/cafe like when I last saw Kaori Hikita live and was one of 14 people in the audience.

I hope that the Anime Expo exceeds your expectations and that you will be able to get to more lives with Yuki Kajiura.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for all the friendly welcomes!

That's really sad, I feel that I am yet to have a bad Japanese concert experience, whether it has been Kalafina / Yuki Kajiura or other artists, at a venue like Saitama Super Arena with 27,000 people or a tiny coffee shop/cafe like when I last saw Kaori Hikita live and was one of 14 people in the audience.

That’s great. This will be my first concert of Japanese music. It seems to me that US audiences are more accustomed to seeing concerts that are performed under-rehearsed, drunk/stoned, and out of tune, especially with smaller acts. I’m always amazed by the professionalism and effort, especially of the singers, that I see in FJ/Kala videos. Although I know that popular western acts that I’ve never seen, like Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, etc., put lots of effort into their concerts as well.

Back