Kalafina's 5th album wishlist.

K

Kohaku_

It has not been announced yet but we can already start daydreaming on what we would like to hear from a new album. Ballads, folk tracks, dark songs, technoish ones? What would you like to find in Kalafina's 5th album?

Short answer: a varied selection of songs that don't all sound like the Generic 2014/5 Kala Single template. :XD:

Longer answer:

The same inventiveness and variety that we hear in their singles' b-sides.

More opportunities for the three of them to use parts of their vocal range that they haven't had chance to use very often so far. If Keiko can sing the high part of a certain song, let her do it! If Wakana or Hikaru can make use of their lower registers, go for it!

I think I understand where the 'overproduced' comments are coming from though. Multi-layered arrangements work fine for the lush synth-driven dance-y songs, but I'd like to see some stripped-down acoustic arrangements and rock numbers with an energetic 'raw' feel. Those songs would work well in a live context, and be a refreshing change.

Overall, I just want to be pleasantly surprised and reassured that Kajiura hasn't found herself running out of songwriting ideas.

Not having both Believe and Heavenly Blue on there. They're the same damn song and both terrible.

Something with acoustic guitar would be really interesting actually. Stuff like the acoustic version of Sprinter on the 5th Live and the Christmas Lives from the Alleluia single makes me hope that it might just happen at some point.

Other than that, yes, more variety would be nice. All their previous albums have shown that it's possible so it'll be massively disappointing if they don't do it again, I'm sure Kajiura can pull it off. Their recent b-sides (especially Koibito) and songs like Kimi no Gin no Niwa seem to prove to me that she's got interesting ideas floating around still and that she's willing to create such pieces and whilst they haven't had a truly great a-side since KnGnN, I'm not too worried because of that. As per usual I'm expecting a short opening piece and then a good mix of ballads, rock and electronica style stuff as is usual, plus the possibility of something pretty unique and special.

More vocal variety would be nice, too. Keiko hasn't had much time to shine recently it feels and honestly I think she's got the most interesting voice, so I'd love to hear more vocal solos from her. Recent live performances and Koibito are giving me a very good feeling regarding Wakana though, she seems to be recovering that extra spark that made her voice stand out so much in the first place. As with Martin though, I think I'm mostly just hoping for something reassuringly decent and varied as the last year has been the first time I think they've properly lost their way a little.

I would like to listen more dark/gothic songs or rock songs!! I miss "Red moon" style çWç
And also I would like to see the girls with corsets again, with a new color in the dresses :plz:
Same here. Red Moon, Lacrimosa~

Anything that don't sound much similar to their recent songs (believe, heavenly blue) are okay :XD:

anything that doesn't sound like the 2014/2015 Kalafina single songs. I'm talking about both the a-sides and b-sides, except for lapis which is the only song from 2014-2015 Kalafina that I liked.

more electronica, less Wakana. anyway iirc George has made another thread which is basically the same with this.

It was a lot of propositions and I agree with the most. I want most something oriental like te to te to me to me with vocal of Keiko and Hikaru. Something folk (like Natsu no ringo) would be nice, dark ballad! and dance song

@george1234 Sorry but I saw you were just talking about which released song would have made into the new album and I've decided to create this.

please give me more songs like lapis sung by keiko they give me lifeee :dote:
and the keiko/hikaru songs like magia and destination unknown and signal pleaseeee
but more keiko in them because i don't understand why keiko does not have a rock song purely for herself her voice is the most fitting

My hopes:

-A dark song, something like IEN, Tsuioku or Koibito, led by Keiko with some chanting by Wakana and harmonization/refrain by Hikaru.
-A bright, folk track with Hikaru leading.
-A touching and intense ballad.
-Electro-Kala, signal ver. 2.0 would be nice.
-Some rock, DU ver. 2.0 would be more than welcome.

I'd love if Kalafina could try some R&B, acoustic, jazz (plz for Keiko) or maybe even Celtic sounds in their next album. (since Kajiura-san did an amazing job in HtA). As "genre-less" Kalafina is, there's still quite a lot of genres untouched by their voices.

Though I'm not sure if Kajiura could ever compose an R&B song though. :rain:

I agree with all of you who said "nothing like Believe and HB". Please.
Some of you said Celtic-like songs and I'm in ♥♥♥♥♥ My favorite songs have always been the dark ones, but we have plenty of them. It would be nice to listen to really new stuff, like Kirito said, "As "genre-less" Kalafina is, there's still quite a lot of genres untouched by their voices.".

Back