「Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2015~2016 “far on the water” in Hong Kong」 - 7/8 November 2015

I believe this is the set list …… ahh heavenly blue and alleluia ToT
but I'm not complaining since I was fortunate enough to at least attend this time's tour.

1 こいびとの昔語りの夕暮れの
2monochrome
3 五月の魔法

MC

4 空色の椅子
5 lapis
6 輝く空の静寂には

MC

7 むすんでひらく
8misterioso
9 onelight

10nightmare(インスト)

11 intothe water
12 inevery nothing
13 闇の唄
14believe

MC

15 灯影
16 うすむらさき
17identify
18signal
19 音楽
20 heavenlyblue

MC

21 faron the water

-ENCORE-

22 ringyour bell(in the silence) ~ring your bell
23 storia

MC

24 アレルヤ (day 1)/sprinter (day 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
So they moved One Light further back in the setlist for... some reason.

Also with Heavenly Blue and the double combo at the end, they actually played more songs in Hong Kong than in the Japan lives? That's quite odd. Sprinter is a good ending song.

Ah sorry, I should've clarified. Alleluia was for day 1 and sprinter was for day 2 I think?
They did indeed play more songs though.

Oh okay, I guess that makes sense. Both are great ending songs however.

Still got an extra Heavenly Blue though, although I'm not really sure that's a positive.

Was there yesterday :D They were amazing yesterday, even the songs I don't like as much sounded great because of performance. I put a more detailed review on reddit but yeah, can't help sharing. Wakana brushing Keiko's hair had me fangirling along with the best of them.

Honestly, I would die for lapis to be followed by sapphire... Cmon two back to back songs about blue stones?? :XD:

Aw samidare and Mahiru didn't make it to HK...

What bothers me about the set list is misterioso. Like... I would much rather Kimi no gin no niwa. It seems like that song has been so long forgotten..

I love how they revived Yami no Uta from the grave during these lives. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but damn I don't think I've seen this song on their list for a while.

I like mysterioso and I like Kimi no gin no niwa a bit more - I do wish they used it a bit more. But yeah, both are great so I'm not really complaining.

It's pretty cool that they revived Yami no Uta but I have to say that it was probably the worst performance of the night (which isn't saying much). It was the only song where they were somewhat noticeably off key at times - maybe lack of practice?

I don't particularly like Heavenly Blue, Signal and Believe but I have to say that they really performed those songs well and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed those performances.

Yami no Uta sounded absolutely amazing in Osaka, so I doubt it's lack of practice. Probably just an off day.

12195980_1009051612448849_5928014014405142798_n.jpg

12063496_1009067002447310_3078884817557066965_n.jpg
12196019_1009066959113981_1696681924798396695_n.jpg
10562955_1009066952447315_7587618613789739421_n.jpg
12227644_1009066949113982_118656321553468838_n.jpg

I was also lucky enough to go to this live for both days. It was my first live from Kalafina/FJ so every moment of it was amazing. It was everything I have dreamed and even better :) The myth was true! They sounded even more amazing live than CDs and videos. Waited 8 years for Kalafina 10 years for Kajiura-sensei's work! Can't think of the correct words to describe my experience. But I would like to thank everyone in this community in giving pointers about tis epic event. Without you guys, my 8 year dream would never come true :) Will never forget this experience.

Now I'll just need to try to sort out on getting tickets in Japan. Fingers crossed*

Was there yesterday :D They were amazing yesterday, even the songs I don't like as much sounded great because of performance. I put a more detailed review on reddit but yeah, can't help sharing. Wakana brushing Keiko's hair had me fangirling along with the best of them.

And like @acmecrazyfool said, there were some songs that I didn't know of or weren't fond as much, but after the live, I love them! And also the part when Keiko was telling Wakana to dream about visiting Ocean Park in Hong Kong XD Fangirling to the max!!

@reinhimemiya Kalafina is definitely one of those groups who are just better live (at least nowadays). Not that the studio versions are bad or anything, they're just even better when live. And somehow that venue (Chaiwan Youth Square), though a bit small with only 600-ish capacity, has great acoustics - I'm glad they chose to have the concert there again.

Wakana's voice was perfectly clear and pure throughout the live, Keiko's voice was richer and stronger than ever and Hikaru fully showed off her vocal range and flexibility. In particular, the Wakana Keiko duets were so well synchronized it's like they can read each other's minds. I love that the violinist Konno Hitoshi was able to make it this time which really upped the performance quality.

And yeah, Wakana's like 'Oh my God, it's a theme park mixed with an aquarium! I have to go there someday!'. Don't worry Wakana, there'll be plenty of sharks :D

Q: If Kalafina was not singers, what would be your ideal profession?

Wakana: I like drawing and clothes designing, so I would probably be a fashion designer.
Keiko: I really liked reading about world history when I was small, so if I wasn't a singer, I would want to be a world history teacher teaching students world history.
Hikaru: Since I was small, my desire was to be a singer so I haven't really thought about it, but if I must pick, then I would probably be an English teacher!

They've always come across as really humble in most of the things they've said, from interviews to TV appearances to when I met them, they seem so... I dunno, as if they're just normal people that think regular things about regular stuff. I guess that's because that IS what they are, but they've never come across as being snobbish or elitist or anything. It's why it's so easy to relate with them despite not knowing them or their language.

It's been quite a while since the HK live. And I know all I said back then was that the Y Theatre at the Youth Square was the best hall EVER. Well, it is, for quite a few reasons.

I actually had no intention of writing this report, since the best period to do so has already long passed. But today... as I was driving, Lapis started playing. It's not a song I particularly loved or anything, but it left quite a huge impression on me in HK. It brought back a lot of emotions and memories I felt that day as I listened to Keiko sing it on stage. It wasn't even the first time I listened to Lapis live, but the HK performance was the one etched in my mind. And thanks to Lapis, it triggered an urge to revisit the live through a report. All of them sang very well in HK, even Hikaru did great. Not once did the issue she had at Budokan come up those two days.

What makes this hall so great though? Why rave about it? First and foremost, the acoustics here is undoubtedly superb. It's a sentiment shared by every fan I talked to. Even the most hardcore of the bunch who attends concerts in Japan regularly, or the most extreme Japanese fans who came here as a part of the FJC tour. But just as important as the acoustics, is the size of the hall. It's a small hall that seats only 643. I can't speak for the folks in Cat 2 (they get quite a good view too, based on the pictures), but you can get a very good view no matter where you are in Cat 1. You can still feel pretty close to the stage even from Row M. The first row, Row A, is actually lower than the stage in terms of height. Each row thereafter increases in quite a bit of height (two pretty big steps?), which means that your view will be unhindered. Nothing to block your view unless.. well unless a giant sits in front of you and you're really really short. But for most people, this hall will give you an excellent view. You may wonder if the seats are very cramped, since I said that even Row M felt close to the stage, but no. It has a very comfortable amount of space. Oh, and the lighting here was great too.

Kalafina tried more or less to give us a performance that followed the Tokyo performance closely. They had to forgo the huge circular stage from Tokyo due to the smaller size of the Y Theatre. They were also unable to do the fancy cloud projections for koibito, but that's fine. They changed it up a bit and I enjoyed seeing them clearly as they stood at the top of the platform. Being able to see their expressions and movements clearly as they sang the powerful koibito was exhilarating.

Let's skip ahead to Lapis.

Just as I was blindsided by Alleluia in HK 2014, which was also in this very hall, Lapis was the surprise hit for me. It was just another one of those ballads that I occasionally forgot the name of. Sorairo was the one I really liked and looked forward to. And they performed Sorairo beautifully of course, but Lapis was the one that left an impression.

The hall went dark for this song, and they used only a few of the spotlights as lighting. It was simple, but effective. Since this is a ballad lead by Keiko, she stood dead center. They then focused the majority of the spotlights on her. Look at the second pic in post #50 of this thread by nodame89 if you need to. Imagine the middle spotlight shining right down on Keiko, then 2 more from each side, forming a perfect symmetry. How do you look away from that? I was transfixed. The way she moved, the way she expressed the song.. the beauty of it all was amplified that much more. Her voice was so gentle that it made me want to cry. And I probably did but I don't remember anymore. This symmetry of the lights was possible of course, only because I sat in the middle for the first day. It also probably helped that Keiko was looking in my general direction as she sang Lapis. Since it was a ballad, they all stood in place with only some gentle hand movements. It was mesmerizing.

Ongaku here was so energetic, and sitting in the center meant having Keiko point in our direction. You know where this is going so I shan't elaborate further lol. I lost it for a bit that day >///<

During one of the MCs, Hikaru tried to use her hands to express the notes of a certain song. It involved her moving her hands up and down, so quickly that it seemed like she was trying to do some Kung Fu moves. It cracked Keiko up and soon, she and Wakana were doing Kung Fu poses on stage against one another. Oi! Get a room! They said that they would do one with the three of them (Charlie's angels?) and put it up on the blog but I think the manager probably said no. lol. That or I missed it. Can someone please post it XD

After their costume change to the final set of dresses, Hikaru had her usual goods introduction commercial corner. After she was done, Keiko and Wakana bowed to thank her for her hard work. Hikaru bowed back. For some reason, all three of them bowed to thank the crowd too. Since Keiko was wearing something on her head, her hair got a little messy after bowing. Wakana then ran over to her and helped set her hair. Cue fangirl screams and cheers from the crowd. I guess the shipping is more or less universal lol. Keiko got rather embarrassed about it. This happened on both days. On the second day, Wakana went over to do it again, with a big smile this time. WAKANA. Don't you know that you're not supposed to feed the wild fangirls?! Keiko seemed more embarrassed than the first day, and covered her face, looking slightly downwards as Wakana continued fixing Keiko's hair, unfazed. Keiko had a big smile too, but was too embarrassed to look up. Once again, Oi! Get a room!

Well.. it's too late for me to remember the other happenings of that day in detail. I'm sorry. All I can say is that this was the most amazing live ever, probably up there with the 2014 HK live and with Budokan close behind it. This hall is amazing. That the girls were in top form every time they performed there probably helped. I'm absolutely thrilled that I was able to witness it. I enjoyed it more than the performances at the Tokyo Forum. It felt so personal. I would definitely prioritise this live over most lives in Tokyo, assuming they do it again in this Y Theatre. Ed, the organiser, did mention that they're trying to get a bigger hall with acoustics that are just as good, but I would really prefer if they kept it to this one. Should you find yourself with the chance to attend a live in this Y Theatre one day, do yourself a favour and take it. Seriously.

It's probably a preference though. Some people love big halls where the energy is overwhelming. Budokan was amazing, yes. But I do love myself an up close and personal live too.

Trivia:
They've changed the hand movements for identify so that it is a lot easier for the crowd to follow. And this crowd knew all the moves they were supposed to do. When to clap (until the very last note fades or Satou marks it with his drums), when to stand, what to do during Ongaku, etc. Such energy. It's as if I was at a FJC live. Pure fans, the lot of them. And for that, the girls very obviously loved them.

On the 2nd day, during the final greeting after the FBM had left the stage, the girls tried their very best to stand as close to the audience as possible, going so far as to step in front of the speakers (such love for us!). Since the space in front was very small, it required quite a bit of balancing. Wakana had to go the furthest for the side on the right. Prince that she is, Keiko held Wakana's hand as she stepped forward to the extreme end. She then also held her hand as she stepped back on to the stage proper. Wakana was such a princess lol (her hand was on top of Keiko's). Oi! (repeat as above). We squealed in delight, of course.

Keiko high fived someone on the way out for the 2nd day. This sparked a frenzy where everyone rushed forward to high five him, a rather well known HK fan. lol.

It also sparked a frenzy of fans trying to high five Keiko during the autograph session.

Guess what also happened on the second day after Keiko praised a fan for her creative use of the Kalafina shoelace. みんなの愛が重い

No photo with the crowd this time. I guess lives that are a part of the tour don't get special treatment.

RYB in the silence. Another thing they skipped from Tokyo was the use of flags. There was no space to place the flags (and fans) on stage so I guess they decided not to.

Having missed the massage session last year when Keiko and Wakana went without her, Hikaru went for a foot massage on her own this time

Back