Kalafina Documentary Movie (BD Release June 13/2018)

I'm surprised they're making a documentary at all. Definitely something I wouldn't have thought they would do. It's on 2017 work? There really isn't...anything besides touring, prep for their 10th anni live and Hyakka Ryouran.

Patiently waiting for release and English subtitles.

It's on 2017 work? There really isn't...anything besides touring, prep for their 10th anni live and Hyakka Ryouran.

LisAni, 9+1 and the Winter Acoustic lives has kept the Kalagirls busy for most of the year, so I would say there's a substantial amount of 2017 work to be sure.

Kalafina 10th Anniversary Film ~A Sparkling Harmony Spun out of Dreams~

It has been announced during today’s Christmas Premium LIVE that a documentary film will be released in March called 「Kalafina 10th Anniversary Film ~A Sparkling Harmony Spun out of Dreams~」

Release Date: March 30
Limited runtime: Two weeks; March 30~April 12

The documentary will focus on the second half of 2017 (leading up to their 10th Anniversary) including activities such as Kalafina’s World Heritage Lives as well as the Acoustic Tour 2017. This film will showcase Kalafina’s 10-year history and it is also going to provide a glimpse into their future.

Second half? WOOT! Maybe we'll (finally) get some bonus footage of their Christmas lives.

Need.

Also I suspect we'll get a lot of behind the scenes stuff, training, practice etc. like they do with their mini docs on their other lives.

Interesting.... hope it's not just talking about 2017 cause Kala's had a lot more than just 6 months :XD:. Interesting to see what the "future" is gonna be like and maybe a new song

Am I the only one who feels like the "glimpse into their future" promised by this film is going to be something big and scary, like an important announcement?

Like, I had a dream the other night that they announced that Hikaru was going to get married, which I guess would be a happy thing, and not very scary, (also a delusion probably heavily influenced by the literal wedding dresses all three of them wore at Budoukan...)

Anyway, I'm excited to see it, especially backstage and practice footage.

Am I the only one who feels like the "glimpse into their future" promised by this film is going to be something big and scary, like an important announcement?

It could be anything. New album, hiatus, disbandment, one of the girls leaving, adding a new member, no more Kajiura, or could be something dumb like "our future is very bright. We'll continue to work as Kalafina so please support us desu".

or could be something dumb like "our future is very bright. We'll continue to work as Kalafina so please support us desu".
Ehhe. Most likely, I'd say. I mean, that's literally what they say in every interview.

PS. Can't help but think "Anime production greenlit" or "Pachinko" when I see "Important announcement"...

I think Grunty's on to something. Kalapachinko confirmed, calling it now.

So since it's going to be released next month, why can't you preorder it through cdjapan? Is it only going to be sold in certain stores or something? I would be sad if that's the case.

So since it's going to be released next month, why can't you preorder it through cdjapan? Is it only going to be sold in certain stores or something? I would be sad if that's the case.

It's going to be released for a limited time in certain theaters afaik. Hopefully, those not able to see it will be able to one day.

Yup, as of now it's a strictly a cinema release. No news as to whether it'll get a home release yet, but I suspect it will eventually.

Back