・OTODAMA運営事務局(11:00~20:00):046-870-6040

OTODAMA運営事務局:046-870-6040(11:00-20:00)

and success:

以下の内容で当選が決定しました。

「音霊 OTODAMA SEA STUDIO 2013」 2013年08月26日(月) 17:30開演 音霊 OTODAMA SEA STUDIO
席種/料金(税込):全自由席/ 4500円 枚数: 1枚 ※決済時にシステム利用料(チケット1枚あたり210
円)、特別販売利用料(チケット1枚あたり210円)が 別途かかります。 ※整理番号付き、別途ドリンク代500円。

The other artists:

Sakamoto Miu (daughter of Ryiuchi Sakamoto and Akiko Yano)
Fukui Mai (singer of the theme song for the video game Final Fantasy XIII-2, Yakusoku no Basho).

should be interesting to look up on youtube and listen to before the show.

Ah, Mai Fukui's Yakusoku no Basho... I kinda doubt that she will collaborate with Kalafina on this one, but I'll be hoping for the best.

Just a reminder, if you want a postcard from Japan, leave a private message on the cpm forum

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose

and give me your postal address in the correct format (see http://www.columbia.edu/~fdc/postal/ for help).

I won't give your address out to anyone else or spam you.

If you can get it done in the next 24 hours I can send a postcard early on, otherwise it might not get done until just before I leave Japan.

OK, brief story.

I arrived shortly before doors opening time of 5pm thanks to someone in a Kalafina t-shirt directing me to Otodama Sea Studio. I had been almost at the same spot back on my December/January trip.

It turned out after I had obtained a 500 yen coin for the lockers that the staff were letting people in by ticket number order and my ticket was A37, an early ticket, so by the time I asked the person at the door they checked my ID (University of Tokyo Hospital card with katakana name and passport with real name and matching date of birth of hospital card) and let me in.

Most of the front row was taken but a couple of Japanese men invited me to join them and so I introduced myself as best I could, finding out that they were in FictionJunction club and that one of them was from Ooarai (Girls und Panzer town).

The opening act (name escapes me at the moment), Fukui Mai and Miu Sakamoto (daughter of Ryuichi Sakamoto and Akiko Yano) were all good, with Miu-san singing a couple of songs in very good English.

Kalafina's regular keyboard player and a slightly chubby looking guitarist with acoustic guitar took to the stage first followed by the Kalafina girls just before 7:25pm. No in-ear monitors or click track that I could tell, which made the performance more spontaneous.

From my left to right the personel were keyboardist, Hikaru in a loose sleeveless dress, Keiko in a strapless dress that hugged her rib-cage, Wakana (nearest to me) in a similar strapless dress, and the guitarist.

The sound was wonderfully NOT TOO LOUD, and the acoustic feel was brillilant, accompanied by the waves as Otodama Sea Studio is right on the beach at Zushi (not far from Zushi Post Office).

Setlist+

1. Storia
2. Natsu no Ringo
MC-1 (where they asked if anyone was from overseas and the person next to me realised just too late to let me know to respond, but wrote a message on the back of a flyer to show to the girls).
3. Mune no Yukue
4. Mirai
MC-2
5. Yume no Daichi
Encore:
Sprinter
After the encore the person sitting next to me called out to the girls to announce that I was from Australia (and I waved my passport), and Wakana and Hikaru responded to me and I bowed in return.

So a very short set, but beautiful voices, setting and arrangements, and it was great to be in the front row a few metres away from the Kalafina girls. The audience were very polite keeping silent to the end of each song.

Thank you so much for the repost Kuga!! It seems you had a great time :dote:

Can you later find the setlist for the whole live ?

Re:

Kugayama said:
After the encore the person sitting next to me called out to the girls to announce that I was from Australia (and I waved my passport), and Wakana and Hikaru responded to me and I bowed in return.

I like this part the most. :ayashii:

thanks so much for the report kuga! I WISH I WAS THERE (since apparently it'll be the last OTODAMA performance...?) i bet their songs sounded so awesome with the waves crashing against the shore in the bg :love:

It was really like a chamber music concert, being a relatively small venue and not over-amplified.

There are some Japanese sites that list setlists for concerts but I don't have time to search for them now.

Wow, so they did keep their promise from ACen and sing Natsu no Ringo. I hope there is a recording of this someday. How was the song? And thanks for the report, I wish I could have been there too.

^ I've done one google search using the name "Kalafina" and the kanji names of the other performers but haven't found anything, and didn't find anything on the web sites for the other performers. I'm following all of them on twitter, for what it's worth.

Perhaps a Japanese speaker could contact the other performers and ask them?

Liana_Ilia said:
Wow, so they did keep their promise from ACen and sing Natsu no Ringo. I hope there is a recording of this someday. How was the song? And thanks for the report, I wish I could have been there too.

I don't specifically remember the song, but if you can imagine just keyboards playing as a piano, acoustic guitar, the three girls' voices, NO CLICK OR BACKING TRACKS or in-ear monitors, and the waves lapping up on the shore, you have it. The audience were absolutely quiet while the songs were being performed.

^Thanks! I think that everyone had their own musicians, at least Kalafina's musicians didn't play for the others.

PS, there was also:

opening act:山崎 あおい

which translates as: Yamazaki Aoi (Yamazaki being the family name).

So the order was:

Aoi Yamazaki

Mai Fukui

Miu Sakamoto

Kalafina

details still online at http://otodama-beach.com/2013/live/08/#1689

PS, Kalafina's blog posts mentioned their backing musicians - Yasuhiro Sakurada on keyboards and Toshio Uchida on acoustic guitar.

Back