Irritating WLM virus

george1234

Irritating WLM virus get into your account if you click a certain link send by one of your contact's computer without they notice it.

It gets in you account and sends messages with the link, moreover it makes you not able to click and talk to your contacts, and as I realised now, even if you change your password it enters with the new password a bit later and starts the same thing again.

So if one of you see any link send by me dont click it (Kerahna , naoise, Nick Hunter)

I cant believe how I was so stupid to click that link, moreover I dont know HOW to get RID of it :(

[EDIT] Also it gets into WLM EVEN if you dont press the "remember password" of "remember ID" buttons in your WLM.

The message it sends is:

this looks alot like you :S ( + link)

Even if you click the link dont press the download link and even if you download the file DONT PRESS IT

well ^^; I guess that I can communicate with the abover people using my brother's old laptop PC

it might not get on by password then; it might be a little program that installed itself on your computer

you can try to kill any suspicious looking processes in task manager (though some of these little things like to regenerate >_<) or wait for your antivirus to fix it i guess ^^;

I cant do that, there is lots of data in the hard dicks and I dont know how to reinstall windows, plus that this virus isnt that bad, I can wait till the antivirus programm find it

Kerahna has a point there. If it's on your HDD, you should be able to get rid of it fairly easy. If it's affecting WLM, it should be most probably in the folder you installed it. I remember i had one such virus once. I opened the task manager and saw that there was one process i dunno and it had a somewhat funny name. so i did a search through my computer with the process' name and found a file with that name right in the folder i installed Y! Mess. Stopped the process, deleted the file, had no more probs with it since! ^^

Of course, yours could be in another location...prolly in the windows folder. But i've already talked too much like i'm a pro when it comes to viruses. :))

Did you scan with you antivirus? Speaking of which, what antivius do you use? NOD32, Kasperski, Bit Defender ?

Back