Into The World and Märchen (seperate) requests

H

Hayden Kurosaki

Hello!

Two requests, one for each mentioned song.

For Into The World, I can't even find a studio-sounding version online. There is a version from the Arena that someone was gracious enough to post, but it is muffled -- not excessively, like a "bootleg" might be, but still noticeable. I wasn't able to understand the lyrics in several parts.
I was wondering if anyone had or could direct me to a higher quality video of Into The World so that I can put it onto my phone ^^

For Märchen (preferably the Zaregoto BGM, but of course exact same tempo), this is just a musical inquiry. What time signature(s) is the song in?
I listened to a slightly similarly-tempoed song by a folk group called Mediæval Bæbes called "The Snake", and I was told by musicians that the majority of their song was 6/4 right into 4/4 and back for the layout of the verses. For Märchen, comparing it to that past experience, I hear 6/4s but not immediately; are they 3/4s? I'm just confused! :wai:

Thank you!

Into the world hasn't been officially released yet, besides during television performances including the RHH show and Arena LIVE. But it's coming out on the DVD/BD next week for the Arena LIVE, so there should be a good quality rip coming to you soon :)

I dunno about marchën

OH THAT WAS A TV CAST? Derp I should have realized that.

Märchen time sig from what I could make out (you can double check)

Intro: 2 measures 4/4
Hikaru down verse: 2 measures 5/4
1 measure 4/4
1 measure 3/4
Hikaru verse: 2 measures 5/4
1 measure 4/4
1 measure 3/4
Wakana pre-chorus: 1 measure 4/4
1 measure 6/4
1 measure 4/4
1 measure 6/4
Chorus: 2 measures 5/4
1 measure 4/4
1 measure 5/4
Flute solo: I can't tell, sorry.
Keiko part: 2 measure 5/4
1 measure 4/4
1 measure 5/4

Basically, this song's time sig is screwed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Sorry for OT] I wouldn't call that screwed up. We get such changes all the time in Byzantine music, where most measures are 2/4 but you often get some 3/4 and 4/4 in there.
I'm sure there are better examples than https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4mY2RII2-4 but I'm too lazy to research.

Maybe that's why Märchen didn't sound odd to me.

Back