I FU*KING HATE ITUNES! PLEASE HELP!

A

ARoD

I JUST LOST EVERY MP3 I OWN. PLEASE HELP ME GET MY YUKI RELATED ONES BACK!

wtf did you do o_O

there are some programs you can download that can transfer your ipod files back into your computer. as long as you didnt already sync your ipod >_>;;

and itunes sucks!!! don't use it as a music player! use QCD :) There is a very noticeable difference in sound quality. itunes KILLS your music. only use it to update ipod.

there's another one that works really easily called "win undelete". i'll get the link.

but whatever you do DO NOT ADD FILES ONTO YOUR HARD DRIVE IN THE SAME LOCATION(S) (folder sections) AS THE FILES THAT WERE LOST!

this program is a freeware file, but i must give you a heads up that it requires a bit of navigation when you get into it. the bright side is that no installation is required, just run the app. and then you can start.

depending how big your hard drive is it can take anywhere from 5-20 minutes to scan your disk to find deleted files. if this doesn't work for whatever reason let me know

download link

this is the trial version, but i believe that it is good for so many days, after the time is used up though you can change your computer clock backwards so that you can use it again

lol, its a bit late but itunes really does suck. Well, if you own a mac, it actually works. They destroyed the functionality of the windows itunes, because macintosh is an evil evil company.

main difference between windows and mac? the library in the windows one will be rewritten according to the ipod that is put into the computer ... so a blank ipod = all your files deleted. a yoko kanno ipod = all yuki replaced with kanno *shudder*. In the mac, it has support for multiple ipod docking, so that it will register a different ipod and create a seperate folder (or whatever they are called in macland) for that ipod.

I use anapod manager for my ipod needs, it is much better than itunes, and is meant to interface the ipod with windows explorer, which i think is really good. It is $30 if you want it though...

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

is it really that good? works for windows as itunes does for mac?

It has never failed me. It looks alot like windows explorer. It only reads what is on the ipod, so unless you tell it to make any changes to your music, it wont. If you put someone elses ipod in, it does not overwrite your files.
It does not need a seperate folder either, so you can organize your music where you like it, and click and drag songs into your ipod.

looking like windows explorer, it is also alot more windowsy - you right click and can edit song details, ect ect.

I like the interface much more than itunes. What it does not have is playback functionality - you cannot play your music with it. But itunes for music sucks anyway, so just get QCD :D .

If you are iffy about spending $30, it maybe can be obtained for free from ... other sources. Make sure you get the latest edition though, because it is the only one that works with the ipods updated firmware. (unless you never used apple ipod updater in which case you want an older edition)

Back