Hikaru's solo debut (2019-12-01)

Some pretend to know it all media outlets: Kalafina members want to get back together!!
Kalafans who can't move on: aye aye let's wait for reunion!!
Hikaru: bish I'm going solo

(i was really tempted to write bish naneun solo but I'm pretty sure only there'd be only 1 person who'd get that reference lmao)

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: how does H-el-ical tie into this?? Why bother with the pseudonym H-el-ical...?? Will H-el-ical songs be performed? Hmm..

https://twitter.com/Hikaru_0702_/status/1146423155910569986

Keikoさんとごはん
🍴

誕生日をお祝いしてくれて、プレゼントもいただきました
🍀

I got dinner with Keiko
🍴

She celebrated my birthday and gave me a birthday present
🍀

D-jpweuVAAA7jgE.jpg
D-jpwetUwAEtXsu.jpgD-jpwewUEAAUxJV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: how does H-el-ical tie into this?? Why bother with the pseudonym H-el-ical...?? Will H-el-ical songs be performed? Hmm..

H-le-ical spoken in Japanese is He re karu... It's a play on her name. There's probably many Hikarus in Japan's entertainment industry. This way she differentiates herself from the others.. and distances herself from Kalafina.

Ill be in japan during the concert! Debating whether ill try and go or if ill hold out in case another YK live gets announced or smth

H-le-ical spoken in Japanese is He re karu... It's a play on her name. There's probably many Hikarus in Japan's entertainment industry. This way she differentiates herself from the others.. and distances herself from Kalafina.

Agree with the second point, choosing helical as her pseudonym/stage name/project is definitely to distance herself from her old image as Kalafina's Hikaru.

Well... I think the Hikaru?H-el-ical questions are not baseless after this news. I don't think Hikaru even acknowledged the project yet? Maybe H-el-ical is just a monicker she wants to go with for "doujin"/independent stuff rather than "serious" mainstream work (whatever that might be).

Also, if you could fill me in but is this really a "solo debut"? Or just a "first solo live"? I didn't look into it and, as everyone knows, CPM's Japanese isn't all that anyways... ^_^

Back