Highway Star Party 2023

Kinda shocked JAM Project got only one song but aaite, we knew it would have to be cut down heavily for a 2hour slot (which I presume also includes commercials?).

Hope they keep Parade in for LISANI. Since we know from the edge and sokyu are going to be there...

Edit:
I guess there could be a chance HS releases unaired songs on their youtubes at some point? I'm assuming we won't get blurays of this.

Last edited:
Kinda shocked JAM Project got only one song but aaite, we knew it would have to be cut down heavily for a 2hour slot (which I presume also includes commercials?).

Hope they keep Parade in for LISANI. Since we know from the edge and sokyu are going to be there...

Edit:
I guess there could be a chance HS releases unaired songs on their youtubes at some point? I'm assuming we won't get blurays of this.
Parade getting aired over stone cold (if they ever decide to give Kajiura more than 2 slots) in Lis-ANI is incredibly small chance as it's a Lis-ANI live, so the anime tieins always get the priority. Even back then Kalafina (other than their special stage with LiSA in 2017) who got like 4-6 songs only got 2 slots in broadcasted version lmao

If anything I think Kajiura would want to reserve Parade live for public viewing (broadcast and/or DVD/BD) from her own live.

that's not a bad thing because parade is boring anyway lmao im such a hater im sorry (not really)

05:37 :(

I feel Fanfare harmonies are better in this live than the previous one. Blending of vocals made me smile quite a bit.

Yuriko's contribution to fanfare is so good; whenever she comes in it's transformed xD

stone cold was really fun. the band members actually carried the song, making the song sounded more exciting than it actually was and it affected the FictionJunction ladies as well. I actually prefer this guitarist over Korenaga lol

Soukyuu no Fanfare is better with these guests than the original, but considering the original has the bar on the floor with ASCA and Eir there it's not hard to do so lmao. The pink haired lady kinda sucked but the lady beside her in striped dress was great.

^ I don't know why they weren't credited anywhere online (or at least I couldn't find them on any of the official sites for this event). Kinda disrespectful.

From the ending scroll:

Support Musician:
Bass: 山本直哉
Drums: 青山英樹
Guitar: 奈良悠樹
Keyboard: Mao

GRANRODEO Support Musician:
Bass: 瀧田イサム
Guitar: SHiN

Edit:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Qp421R7r8/
for the whole thing. Seems like this 2hour slot on tbs does not actually have commercials?

Skipped through the whole thing and gots to say, while I really like shuri and would love to hear more, her performance (including the look) was so damn tryhard angsty...

Shito's vocals in Nigredo were much more pleasing than the og studio version. Whoever chose the strobes... uh... never again please.

Loved Yoko Ishida singing Otome no Policy.

Last edited:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1SA4m1G7bK/

Bili users to the rescue.
Although I'm keeping my fingers crossed for higher quality to pop up outside of bili. Bili audio just never sounds good to me.

I don't know if I'm tripping but somehow this feels so much more "real" than anything after vol2 dvd...
This was so sweet to listen to!

From stone cold, the energy and interactions were so earnest and leaned back towards the earlier years of FJ (smaller venues closer to the fans).
Yuriko was really into it throughout snapping her fingers and having fun!

3:15 Joelle's take of that section with her vibrato and then bringing her voice forward for the kajiurago section (with some smooth head voice transition too) leading to the guitar solo. Sweet Joelle!

Kajiura looks a little dumbstruck at how good they sound at 3:24 during that kajiurago sequence. :sohappy:

Uhm, I think that's my best version of SnF period (even more than the FJ fancam I saw on Royce's YT). The full mature voices in front made everything come in with proper gravitas for me. Wow!

8:03 Kaori looking warmly at Haruna Luna's solo. The close proximity made it look much more endearing.
8:37 Haruna suddenly stares at the camera. Goodness.

Lots of fun for everyone!

Last edited:
I actually prefer this guitarist over Korenaga lol
Korenaga's good but sometimes he makes questionable choices or doesn't nail his shreds in time. Maybe he could be a little distracted because he certainly has the chops and experience, or gets too "I'm so cool" that he fails to make the more musical choices.

One of my favorites of his solos ever was the one to "Elemental" in the YKL 17.

Speaking of the young guitarist, he was quite classy, never felt the need to overdo anything and allows notes to sit before moving on, being appropriately and supporting the rest of the music. Kudos to him.

Back