HIGHWAY STAR Covers

What's with the quivering whenever she does some kind of vibrato...
I went back to watch it and you're right. It's there virtually every time. Then I saw a point where she used the shaky-"vibrato" then just after did her natural vibrato (and didn't shake).

https://youtu.be/MdHMyKhwM3E?si=RUxT9zDgKOOGL_Xa&t=73

Fake vibrato mebbe.
I'd say you're exactly correct. She's doing more of a manufactured ornamentation. At the point in the video I linked here, you can see/hear her use that and then a natural (much weaker) vibrato. Probably a habit of doing the shaky thing for that effect as an alternative to her natural vibrato.

I know there's Japanese traditional vocal ornamentation that's wider/different than Western vibrato technique (e.g. RIKKI of SH, and Yuko Suzuhana of WagakkiBand), but when that's done well it doesn't require shaking of the head to achieve.

Oh I just realized they didn't post anything new last Friday... guess it's over?
(delusion time:) Or maybe they are holding off releasing a JAM PROJECT cover 'til it's closer to the GARO digital single (Feb 14)? XD

Have just noticed that it hasn’t been shared here. Shoot cover gets a proper release in Tamaki Nami’s new album.
https://x.com/sunrisemusic_jp/status/1767792724999282728?s=61&t=lrTFuiOF_sCepdzsvCA5EA
05B2534D-D723-47C2-A15A-0E45C62ED37B.jpeg

Oh thats great cause i really liked how she sings it!

Is the covers thing done ? They havent release anything else for months.

This time its for Yoko Ishida's 31th Anniversary XD.

Translation of the text under the video:

ISHIDA YOko x HARUNA Runa x TERADA Shiho cover song: ISHIDA Yoko 'Otome no Policy' lyricist: Serizawa Rui composer: Nagai Rui ©1993 by TV ASAHI MUSIC CO., LTD. & COLUMBIA SONGS, INC. --------- HIGHWAY STAR Covers" is a project to cover songs by artists. This 9th edition is a special project by "YOJI ISHIDA", who is celebrating the 31st anniversary of her debut. The cover song is 'Otome no Policy', the debut single by Ishida Yoyoko and the song used as the ending theme for the TV animation 'Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R'. The song was arranged on piano by music writer Shiho Terada, with the participation of "Runa Haruna", who is a big fan of the song, and "YYoko Ishida" herself as a self-cover. Collaboration! It will be released on 21 March, the anniversary of Yôko Ishida's debut. Please enjoy♪

<What is [-Covers-? > Music contents in which HIGHWAY STAR artists cover songs in a respectful manner. <Won the Grand Prix at the Anime Singer Contest in 1990. Made her debut in March 1993 with the ending theme 'Otome no seisakui' (Otome's policy) for 'Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R'. Since then, she has sung and written lyrics for various anime and game theme songs.

(i think this is for Haruna Luna) She has given concerts in the USA, Spain, Brazil, France, Mexico, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Costa Rica, Portugal, Peru, Chile and other countries. She is active worldwide as an ani-song singer who builds bridges not only between Japan and the rest of the world with her voice, which has been described as an "angel voice". She has also worked as a lecturer at a vocational school in her home town of Niigata. Since 2012, she has also been active as an ambassador for the local event 'Gatafuess', and is also active in activities closely linked to her hometown. <In May 2012, she made her debut as a singer with "Sora ha Takaku Kaze ha Utau" (the ED theme song for the second season of the TV animation "Fate/Zero"), for which Yuki Kajiura wrote the lyrics. She has sung theme songs for many anime series, including the Sword Art Online series, the Monogatari series and the Saerenai Kanojo no Nuturekata series. Her popularity is not limited to Japan, but she has also performed many live shows in Asia, Europe and the US. She has attracted many people from all over the world. She is also active as a Lolita model and has designed and produced the wedding dress brand LUNAMARIA and the pain bag brand OSHI TO DATE.

<Shiho Terada / PROFILE> Participated as keyboardist in the JAM Project band from 2008 to 2015. She also supported Minori Chihara, Aki Misato, Aya Matsuura and others. As a composer, he has composed TV and film music for the Pretty Cure series since 2020, NHK's 'Cosmic Front Next', the TV drama 'Codename Mirage', the TV and film version of Keita Amemiya's 'GARO' series, the anime 'Inazuma Eleven GO', the game Dragon Ball Xenoverse".

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Last edited:
Back