hi there

In this day and age file size should be irrelevant. Horrible argument and still based off a logical fallacy. Why are you even defending the Guy when he's factually wrong?

Opinions can be wrong if they are based on logical fallacies and nothing can be argued to support that.

LOL, im not saying hes right, and i dont know why he likes 128 better wehter becasue of file size or other reason... :XD:

And I do my self Prefer lossless for my fave songs... :tea:

im just telling that his statement is "he likes more", hes not saying "128 is better" :XD:

Rubyiris, do understand that not everyone would have in their possession a revealing or detailed enough setup that would make full use of higher bit-rate music (albeit compressed). So...to each his own, I guess. No point forcing them to accept what the norm perceives to be better because they might not be able to appreciate it yet.

Nobody mshould have that excuse anymore considering the entry level equipment getting better and better. Sub-$20 pl11s compare to $30-50 pieces of equipment. Fiio just put out a $60 amp that beats $150-200 range amps.

Re:

rubyiris said:
Nobody mshould have that excuse anymore considering the entry level equipment getting better and better. Sub-$20 pl11s compare to $30-50 pieces of equipment. Fiio just put out a $60 amp that beats $150-200 range amps.

Said entry level equipment do not necessarily perform better anyway. In my personal experience, I've never come across any real giant killers (unlike what some reviewers would like you to believe). Just very good bargains.

Also, the accessibility to such gear still remains rather exclusive to only very established markets. Quite a lot of our members here are from South America, where the "Chinese alternative" hifi industry is still yet to flourish (esp. amongst younger members of the demographic - again, the majority of which are in this forum). Just take it that not everyone is as privileged as you in here.

Just cool the aggro, dude. Or it would be really difficult to assimilate if you keep putting others on the defensive.

welcome rubyiris. .please enjoy ur stay

and i don't think raf is trolling, so u don't need to me rude to him just because he likes mp3.and i don't think there's something wrong with it.be mature.JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE THIS STUFF AND SOMEONE DON'T - IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU THE RIGHT ONE be rational
19.gif

Flac and CD audio being superior to mp3 is a fact. Not an opinion.

But yeah sup

Welcome, rubyiris! :sparkleguy:
I must say FLAC and such are superior in music quality. But sometimes people don't care THAT much for music quality, being alright with 320 Kbps mp3. And for those who mostly listen to music on the road (like yours truly), FLAC is downright pointless, since not only you need special plugins/software to play it, but you need a spacious memory card for them. If a person, say, enjoys putting all YK discography into one playlist and shuffle it, what format will be more suitable - mp3 or FLAC? :ayashii: So while mp3 quality loses to FLAC anytime, it wins in terms of compact storage. If mp3 format wasn't needed anymore and was completely useless, it would disappear long ago - digital media are always quicker to change than traditional ones. :plot:

So no need to be too hard on Rafael just because he prefers less quality but a bigger quantity of music to have at hand. We here may argue a lot, but the arguments tend to be peaceful, with people ready just to "agree to disagree" if all else fails, rather than suspect each other of purposeful trolling. :tea:

With that clarified... enjoy your stay. :V:

Re:

rubyiris said:
In this day and age file size should be irrelevant. Horrible argument and still based off a logical fallacy. Why are you even defending the Guy when he's factually wrong?

Opinions can be wrong if they are based on logical fallacies and nothing can be argued to support that.
It's not an excuse to offend people. Several members have already told you to watch your manners, but it looks like you didn't get it. RAFAEL (you can see his name, can't you?) may be wrong in everything he says, but we will defend him since in this situation the only one who is wrong is you. People who are rude to the other forum members are definitely not welcome here.

Ill be polite once he stops being ignorant.

@Nick: I come from a poverty family and I still managed to come up with the storage necessary to store large quantities of flac. That argument is invalidated by budget players that play flac Natively like the sansa clip and the sansa fuze and the low price of micro sdhc cards.

Unless you're homeless and not taking steps too improve your situation coming across the $40 for a clip and $25-$50 for some 16-32 gb cards should be a non-issue.

Even smartphones can play flac with very little pain. The market is painless to navigate with a plethor of players that support flac and otherwise.bloe the default playet out of the water and the best player, power amp, is only $2.50 for the full version. People, you guys need to learn to use resources like Google to the best of your abilities and always actively improve your search skills. You would be amazed at how many things you can find that the general public is just ignorant to

oh well...:tea:

i think we should stop here :hero:

everyone move to Everything Yuki forum and lets talk about YK related stuffs :tea:

lol rafael's just joking around :XD: no need to get so angry
welcome to the forum and remember to respect others; they are humans!

More like you people don't get it.

How am I supposed to figure out someone is joking around based on impersonal forum posts made by someone I know NOTHING about? Its easier fir me to assume he's a troll ignorant or a moron.

Re:

ZoaKaizer said:
oh well...:tea:

i think we should stop here :hero:

everyone move to Everything Yuki forum and lets talk about YK related stuffs :tea:
^ Cease fire !! Let's move to Everything Yuki forum and lets talk about YK related stuffs :XD:

Its what our beloved forum for
onion-105.gif

the one who's arrogant here is YOU, rubyiris. i don't see why would you be so ill mannered towards raf's comments,i know it may be a fact that there are other stuffs superior than mp3, but it's not a sin when someone still prefers mp3.grow up and stop this mess and stop being JUDGEMENTAL.

i hope this ends already

Sigh... how long are we going to drag this on? :uh..: I have an impression that someone's taking a certain post a bit too close to heart. I, for one, don't see how even saying "mp3 > FLAC" qualifies as trolling (this forum has SEEN trolling, believe me). Is there a need to continue arguing? You say yourself that you know nothing about Raf, but it's like you've made an opinion about him based on a single post and refuse to reconsider it. :desksweat:
Like I said, it's a matter of preferences, not real comparison. Imagine someone coming to the forum and saying "Beethoven is great", to which some CPMer replies, "maybe, but personally, I like Yuki Kajiura more" - and gets accused of trolling and being ignorant. Would that situation look anything but weird? :XD:

For example, trooling is like when i say " japanese tuner cars will beat american muscle cars in downhill touge race for sure :listen: "
it doesnt matter if its a fact or not, its a trooling because the intention is to against you, if you do like muscle cars..

It is different when my statement is "I like tuners more than muscle car :XD:"

Back