Hi everyone :)

K

KitsuneMiyu

Hi everyone :)
I usually go as KitsuneMiyu online ;) I've been reading posts and threads on this forum for a few years now, and on @sarasara 's suggestion, finally decided to create an account. I really like looking for Yuki Kajiura's lyrics or general info on here, because contrary to most other fan-sites, everything is well-organized, precise and unaffectedly friendly ;)

Briefly about myself: I'm from Switzerland, although I currently live in Bologna, Italy, and I'm in the third year of my bachelor, starting to think about my thesis. I speak Italian with my father and German with my mother; I've played the piano and the flute for over ten years, but was forced to quit to focus on studies.

I first heard Kajiura's music on Fate/Zero; I'm afraid I'm not fond of the Visual Novel FSN, but was persuaded to give the prequel a chance and, aside from being impressed by the story, the mix of classical yet epic feeling from the soundtrack really caught my attention. Since I'm not much of a gamer, I looked for other anime for which Kajiura composed, and watched KnK, Madoka Magica (well, also because Urobuchi wrote it), some parts of Black Butler (because of Lacrimosa) and some parts of SAO just for the soundtrack.
I still have a long list of anime to watch (I'm slowly catching up) solely because Kajiura was the composer, and I try to avoid listening to their soundtrack before actually watching them because I've seen that some of the songs are harder for me to like when they're out of context, and vice versa.
For example, I found Magia to be an absolutely boring song until I heard it as ending theme, where it really stood out. Same with the KnK songs: I like them a lot, but having heard them all several times before watching the show, it took some enjoyment away from the actual storyline.

As singing units, I really like FJ and See-Saw, but I haven't listened to all their songs yet (I'll get to them); I like to take my time with music in order to give it proper attention, and while I can't spend a day without listening to something from Kajiura, I can't deny that sometimes it takes me several listens to get into some of her songs.
I listen the most to Kalafina's work, as I've heard all their songs and especially enjoy watching the recordings of their lives, because sometimes the difference between the studio recording and the live is striking (in a good way... usually). I tend to be rather harsh in criticizing their mistakes :'(
I don't have a favourite member in these singing units, as all girls have their strengths and weaknesses, and depending on the song/performance that changes a lot.

As for favourite songs/albums/singles, that would be extremely hard as well, as I like very different songs and for very different reasons, and I usually let all the songs play randomly and just skip those I'm not in the mood for. But perhaps the single I never skip is the combination Kagayaku Sora no Shijima ni wa + Adore - I absolutely love it. To The Beginning, while not being Kalafina's best at all, will always be special to me because it's the first song I heard from them (and because all three members have a good amount of lead), and perhaps as song that captures Kalafina's unique's style, I would go with a combination of Red Moon and Lirica :D
Looking now forward to learning more about - and being part of - this great community :)) :waii:

Hey welcome to the forums it's very nice to meet you :) I feel you on the OST part, even if I downloaded the OST beforehand, I never listen to it till I watch the anime first, I hope you enjoy your stay here!

welcome to cpm!

out of the See-Saw songs you have heard, which are your faves?

@KitsuneMiyu Welcome to CPM !!! Thanks for the kind words about the website ^^ we do try our best, but there are still some parts that are kinda outdated, haha :D We do have a new layout for the site almost ready, but for technical reasons we havent set it as default yet, you can access it with "/?theme=recant" next to the page addresses.

As for the soundtracks I do tend to like the tracks and songs more after watching the anime, especially the ones after Kara no Kyoukai since Kajiura started doing them more tailor-made to each show rather than composing a music and having the sound team to cut it however they need, which is the method you will see in the pre-Knk anime soundtracks.

You can check this page for the soundtrack works and related singles https://canta-per-me.net/discography/per-project/ :)

Hope you will enjoy your stay here!! The Swedish + German + Italian combination sure is rare :D There is one more italian here, its @HimeWakana

@ritardando thank you :) I know that you chose your pen name because of Snow Falling, but I love the fact that it's Italian nonetheless :)

Haha i didnt even remember there's that word in snow falling ^^; i guess i pay less attention to lyrics than i used to :XD:

Last edited:
Piacere tutto mio, @HimeWakana :D non vedo l'ora di imparare a conoscervi tutti! Sono anche piacevolmente sorpresa dalla curiosa coincidenza che rende Milano e Bologna a due sole ore di distanza ;)

@ghostreaper *waves back* :P

@aki thanks! Well, I always find it hard to pick favourites, but I guess Noir's instert songs are the ones I listen to the most :) aside from Anna ni Issho Datta no ni... may I ask about your own favourites? :)

@sarasara I'm pretty sure I will ;)) thanks!

@george1234 Thank you very much for the warm welcome, and thank you for the info and the site you linked ;)
I completey agree with what you say about the soundtracks; I still haven't seen all the anime for which Kajiura composed, but I'll slowly get to them :)
Please allow me to correct you on a point: I'm not Swedish, but Swiss :P and thanks, I'm looking forward to going through the site as much as possible ;)))

By the way, brief question: am I allowed to post thoughts/opinions on threads like the one about the Kalafina 2016 Arena Live, although it's already from a month ago? I'm assuming it shouldn't be a problem, but I'd rather ask first :)

Welcome, @KitsuneMiyu!

From See-Saw, Indio is one of my favourites, but there are so many good See-Saw songs. (I'm a big fan of Chiaki Ishikawa's solo work and recommend Kaori Hikita as well).

Last edited:
^seconding @Kugayama, Kaori Hikita is a gem
@aki thanks! Well, I always find it hard to pick favourites, but I guess Noir's instert songs are the ones I listen to the most :) aside from Anna ni Issho Datta no ni... may I ask about your own favourites? :)

definitely indio, yasashii yoake, kioku, and seijaku no headphone no naka. I love anna ni issho too, but honestly I don't listen to it that often anymore. kioku's my 3rd most played song in iTunes, though

also, don't forget to look into yk's non-anime works! hanako to anne's soundtracks is one of her best imo (& one of my favorite dramas)
By the way, brief question: am I allowed to post thoughts/opinions on threads like the one about the Kalafina 2016 Arena Live, although it's already from a month ago? I'm assuming it shouldn't be a problem, but I'd rather ask first :)
I don't see any problem with reviving a thread, especially one about a fairly recent release

@HimeWakana
Please allow me to correct you on a point: I'm not Swedish, but Swiss :P

Ahaha, sorry, i misread ^^; Its still considered rare combination though! :P

Sure, go ahead !!

@HimeWakana è così raro trovare fan della fantastica Yuki Kajiura in Italia :love: spero avremo occasione di parlarne spessissimo in futuro, sia in italiano che in inglese :D

@Kugayama and @aki I've never listened to Kaori Hikita, but I will definitely check her out! Thank you both for your recommendations :))

@george1234 no worries, and thank you ;)

@Kugayama Thank you very much for the links! I liked all three songs a lot, Kaori Hikita has a very stable tone and still conveys emotions wonderfully :) perhaps I liked Michiyuki the most... it has some similarities to Kalafina's Samidare ga Sugita Koro ni, but definitely better.
Oh and I listened to Indio, Yasashii Yoake and Kioku - they are really pleasant songs, thank you! @aki

Reactions: aki
Back