Hello all!

Whilst I technically got less songs when I saw them on the FotW tour than following shows, I don't really mind since the one thing they added for the later dates was Heavenly Blue :ohoho:.

I think Believe was also somewhere else in the setlist? I pretty much blanked it when I heard that opening riff so I forgot where it showed up. Or maybe it was in the same slot and I was too blown away by Yami no Uta :nosebleed:.

Omg I can't believe you actually saw them live :comeback:
How was it? Are they as good in person as they are in the recordings? It's literally my life dream to see them live, you're so lucky :@_@:

Hello!! And yes, I know about the concert! I really really want to go, but at the same time, it is the SAO soundtrack (which...meh), and Keiko won't be there (:vortex::vortex::vortex::vortex:), so it's hard to justify spending that much money for a concert I know I won't enjoy as much. It's unfortunate though, I actually do want to go but... :orz:

I think you should consider it. Even in Japan, Kajiura lives are rare, and if you go there it's easier to see Kalafina.
I know this OST is not that good. But is she, in person. You would be able to watch her playing the piano, she is the creator of everything.

And you will have the opportunity to see her in you state. If I wanted to go I would have to pay for exorbitant flight tickets and
another several things, you have a unique chance that lots of people would want to have.

Omg I can't believe you actually saw them live :comeback:
How was it? Are they as good in person as they are in the recordings? It's literally my life dream to see them live, you're so lucky :@_@:

It was amazing. Could've done with a better setlist I guess, but it was so damn good and I don't regret anything at all even if it did cost a ton to go to the events I did.

The girls do have their faults live (although Keiko is almost always on point, it seems) but actually hearing them sing live sounds incredible. Live music in general has a completely different feel to just listening to an album, naturally, and Kalafina is no different. Hearing Keiko's deep voice echoing across the whole venue hall during Yami no Uta, hearing Hikaru's powerful, fierce voice in One Light, hearing Wakana's high vocals resonate from those aaah's in Signal live, holy shit :love:. Not to mention Korenaga's rock solo during Identify or Konno's beautiful violin playing :sparkleguy:. On that note, the FBM do a pretty darn good job as well.

Do it, if you ever get the chance. It's such a good experience :goodjob:.

Their performance at Japan Expo was decent too, but it was just the girls without the FBM, in a makeshift venue which had pretty mediocre audio and they only played 8 songs, but it was worth it nonetheless. And they played Kimi no Gin no Niwa, Alleluia and Sprinter :sohappy:. Also worth it alone for getting to meet them :plz:.

It was amazing. Could've done with a better setlist I guess, but it was so damn good and I don't regret anything at all even if it did cost a ton to go to the events I did.

The girls do have their faults live (although Keiko is almost always on point, it seems) but actually hearing them sing live sounds incredible. Live music in general has a completely different feel to just listening to an album, naturally, and Kalafina is no different. Hearing Keiko's deep voice echoing across the whole venue hall during Yami no Uta, hearing Hikaru's powerful, fierce voice in One Light, hearing Wakana's high vocals resonate from those aaah's in Signal live, holy shit :love:. Not to mention Korenaga's rock solo during Identify or Konno's beautiful violin playing :sparkleguy:. On that note, the FBM do a pretty darn good job as well.

Do it, if you ever get the chance. It's such a good experience :goodjob:.

Their performance at Japan Expo was decent too, but it was just the girls without the FBM, in a makeshift venue which had pretty mediocre audio and they only played 8 songs, but it was worth it nonetheless. And they played Kimi no Gin no Niwa, Alleluia and Sprinter :sohappy:. Also worth it alone for getting to meet them :plz:.

Ahh, that sounds incredible! I'm so jealous, but also happy that you got that opportunity. I can only imagine how amazing Wakana's aaah's in Signal would be in person, they're already so powerful just watching the live shows.

I'm really hoping to get the chance to see them live eventually. I'm still eternally regretting not going to see them when they came to Anime Expo in like 2011. I was even AT the convention that year, but I didn't know who they were at the time, so I missed out big time and now I hate myself :...:. It was even worse when I watched the documentary of their trip to AX, and I saw them walk places I've walked around countless times before (I've gone to AX every year for like 6 years straight) and it was literally such a surreal feeling. Like the entire time I watched the doc, I was like OMG I KNOW EXACTLY WHICH ROOM THEY'RE IN I KNOW WHERE THAT IS OMG I'VE BEEN THERE WHY DIDN'T I GO SEE THEM AHHHH:swt::swt::uh..:
Plus the setlist for their AX live was actually really decent probably because all their shitty songs hadn't been released yet. (Oblivious, Sprinter, Hikari no Senritsu, Kyrie, Lacrimosa)
But yeah that aside, I'm hoping to go see them in Japan eventually. From how you described it, it sounds like it would be amazing. :hearts:
I might study abroad there in the next few years, so that could hopefully be my big chance :nosebleed:

Back