HD release for See-Saw's DreamField & FJ's Everlasting Songs

george1234

Source: http://fictionjunction.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

今、話題のハイレゾ配信にて梶浦由記作品スタート!

下記の2タイトルが7月2日(水曜日)よりVICTOR STUDIO HD MUSICにてハイレゾ配信されました!
是非、この機会にCDを上回る高音質なサウンドをお試しください。
http://hd-music.info/
尚、mora、e-onkyo musicでは、8月6日(水)予定となります。

・Dream Field / See-Saw
2003年2月21日、CDリリース。「機動戦士ガンダムSEED」EDテーマ『あんなに一緒だったのに』や「.hack//SIGN」OPテーマ『Obsession』等のヒット曲も多数収録された、梶浦由記サウンド&石川智晶ヴォーカルを存分に堪能できるエバーグリーンなアルバム。

・Everlasting Songs / FictionJunction
2009年2月25日、CDリリース。梶浦自身が作詞・作曲・編曲した楽曲をあらたにセルフカバーした15曲を収録。
実力と個性を兼ね備えた6人の歌姫が、独創的な梶浦の音楽世界を歌唱で彩る“Everlasting”なアルバム。
“FictionJunction”とは、梶浦由記のソロプロジェクト名。

Links with samples

Dream Field http://hd-music.info/album.cgi/417
Everlasting Songs http://hd-music.info/album.cgi/419

Last edited:
I'm very sceptical of the fancy-pants 'HD' CD formats - mainly HDCD, and I'm guessing the K2HD format (which I've not heard of before now) - because they are more expensive and a quick Google search suggests they may not offer an improvement in audio quality. The stuff that the discs is made from may be tougher or longer-lasting, but it won't affect the sound itself - that depends on a load of other things that happen during mixing and mastering. As long as those jobs are done well, you're fine because it's going to sound good whether you have the K2HD version or not.

There are few things in this world more contentious than arguments between hi-fi audiophiles, but for the likes of us it just means that the albums will be easier to get hold of if the originals are out of print. I bought 'Dream Field' second-hand a couple of years ago for a crazy-low price and like it a lot, so it's nice to know that it's available again for everyone else. As for 'Everlasting Songs', that will probably still be on sale on 'ordinary' CD the next time I'm in Japan, so I'm not worried about it either!*

tl;dr version: this is good news if you don't have the albums already, or cannot find copies of the older versions.

*I just checked the page on this site for the 'Everlasting Songs' tracklisting, and it looks like there's one missing off this new version!

If you know what K2HD really is, you will never buy any so-called HD audio released by Victor and flyingDog.
They are just upscale of CD audio. Scanned from CD, resample to HD format.
Well, even though they used some algorithm to create high frequency data, its no better than CD, actually. These work can be done easily by your audio player. And Victor add some basic knowledge about signal to make it professional while actually not.
If you experienced upscaled BluRay disc from DVD, you know what I am talking about.
In conclusion, it's highly recommended not to buy any K2HD release unless you're too reach to place your money.

From your post I understand they are parallel to the gundam seed & destiny anime HD remaster were they are just dragging the image to fit the wider screen

Yes. I just read up on K2HD. It is not truly HD audio since it is as @xiaokaneier said, up-sampled. According to some interviews with creators that I read, they are aware that it is not truly HD audio, which is why they indicate on pages if it was processed using K2HD, to let the informed decide if it is acceptable. It is supposedly close to what the actual HD audio would sound like.

「アナログテープのマスター素材からCDマスターを制作した場合、CDフォーマットでは20kHz以上はカットされてしまいます。K2HD PROCESSINGでは、その欠落してしまった高周波成分を、アナログマスターとほぼ同様に再現します」

"when you create a CD master, in a CD format, frequencies above 20khz are cut. Using K2HD processing, the high frequency components that are missing are reproduced in a manner that is almost identical to the analog master."
Or so they claim... I do not know just how well they can reproduce the signal. I imagine it's at least better than silly people thinking they can convert mp3 to Lossless and still get CD quality. Your source is an mp3! The data is lost in a lossy format. It doesn't come back just because you switch the format back.

「アナログ(テープ)やハイレゾリューションで収録された素材を使用したハイレゾ音源ではありません。主にCDフォーマットの16bit/44.1kHzなど下位フォーマットでのみマスターが現存する音源を、デジタル高音質化技術『K2』の最新システムにより、最高192kHz/24bitまでの上位フォーマットへのデジタルベースでのアップコンバートを施し、配信するものです」
Rough translation being:
It is not a high resolution sound source that was produced from analog or high resolution materials. It is mainly for masters that are only in Cd format (16bit,44.1khz) and those below that. Using K2, it is up-converted to higher formats that go up to 192khz, 24 bit.

That said, I'm not going to judge the quality of K2HD since I don't think I have the proper equipment to allow me to enjoy such content to its fullest.

And to those looking to own a physical copy, I believe that this is digital distribution... And those sites are digital distribution sites. I don't remember seeing any plans for physical release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back