.hack//The Movie

N

ninetales

Just found out about this. Apparently it's going to open in Japan on January 21 (thanks to Anime News Network). I see no information about who's doing the music, neither on ANN or on the official site.

I think it would've been announced by now if Kajiura-sensei was doing the music, so I wonder who it'll be? :ayashii:

Oh that's interesting, but me too I dont think Yuki does the music. And if Fate/Zero will air in spring too it means she has only done half of its score and will do the rest later, so she still has to work on it. Also the 3D design looks nice but they move kinda slowly.

It seems Yuki was involved with dothacks as long as Bee Train was. She hasn't participated in them since the franchise moved to another studio. I just hope that the reason for this is Yuki being busy/uninterested, not the producers being as stupid as not to invite her. :knife:

There is already a teaser out there... I watched it two months ago. :ayashii:

^ There is also possibility that Yuuka will do one of the songs since she did for Quantum, or the other girl that sung many songs for .hack Link.

^So Yuuka-chan may perform as Nanri Yuuka or it would be great if it is FictionJuction Yuuka.

I wish FictionJunction Yuuka will have a comeback on this project. -_-

On the topic of Music I'm going to say likely composing will go to Chikayo Fukuda who composed for the all of the games and the GU Trilogy Movie. So I'm gonna say unlikely for her to return to compose, even more unlikely for a theme song.

Well, the song sounds nice. Maybe a little draggy, but it seems like a sweet ballad :ayashii:

I'm not a fan of the animation, though...it might be the quality of the trailer, but it looks rather flat to me for some reason. :uh..:

The overall graphic design is nice (it's certainly a way better attempt in CG anime than Appleseed was back in 2004), but the animation lacks liveliness, especially in the IRL sequences. Seriously, Squeenix did it more credibly in FF7AC, and they're not even a proper animation studio. :uh..: I fail to see the legitimate reason for making this polygonal. Of course, it may be just me, since I'm rather a 2D fan and take a special liking to "tradigital" animation, delivering good hand-drawn graphics interlaced with CG. Like the kind DreamWorks used to produce or the kind Gonzo attempted to trademark at, or the kind Ufotable is hopefully on their grand way to... C'mon, Japan, you've got a whole animation culture to develop further and be proud of. Do what you're good at and leave polygons to Pixar. :tea:

The song sounds nice, but I can't get a definite impression from this extract.

Back