H-el-ical aka Hikaru!!!

The Sacred Torch posted in VK:
https://vk.com/wall-58037741_15319

Songful days SEASON2 with “H-el-ical//” (8.10.2021)

Hikaru// (Vocal),
Sakurada Hirotaka (Piano),
Sunaga Kazuhiro (Walking Bass),
Gushimiyagi Hideyuki (Acoustic Guitar)

~Narration~
Amanhecer
風 – Struggle to admit
~Narration~
disclose
Altern-ate-
~Narration~
Globe amaranth
~Narration~
landscape
~Narration~
Aster
紡 -TSUMUGU-
~Narration~

LE of the singles being released to come with bonus 10 tracks from her 12/29/20 Saki -SHOW- live performance!!

Looks like The Sacred Torch comes with the night performance… perhaps the other single will be the day performance

Last edited:
I really liked the album snippets and the new single is good too. It's a shame they had to cancel the live though.

Just listened to both, and I love them. However, they are probably going to be an absolute monster to perform live.

Sacred Torch reminds me a lot of Fili, but a lot faster and with a lot of stylistic jumps. It’s incredibly fast but also very medieval, and I like that a lot. Her stamina is awesome!

Determination has been messing with me for the last couple of days on Spotify, but honestly it was worth it because the song is incredible. Hikaru’s voice is filled with so much darkness, light, and emotion: a perfect representation of why I adore her voice. The composition is also very experimental and the arrangement is just . . . So good. The song’s insanity reminds me of Disclose, but Hikaru’s statements about the lyrics having a male & female perspective switch reminds me of Utada’s Ore no Kanojo. It works really well!

I do also need to say that I’ve read translations of the lyrics, and Hikaru has such a way with words!

(Oh yeah, the live has been transformed into a studio live for November 7th. I’m really glad that Hikaru was able to find a way around the restrictions to still hold the performance.)

Just listened to both, and I love them. However, they are probably going to be an absolute monster to perform live.

Sacred Torch reminds me a lot of Fili, but a lot faster and with a lot of stylistic jumps. It’s incredibly fast but also very medieval, and I like that a lot. Her stamina is awesome!

Determination has been messing with me for the last couple of days on Spotify, but honestly it was worth it because the song is incredible. Hikaru’s voice is filled with so much darkness, light, and emotion: a perfect representation of why I adore her voice. The composition is also very experimental and the arrangement is just . . . So good. The song’s insanity reminds me of Disclose, but Hikaru’s statements about the lyrics having a male & female perspective switch reminds me of Utada’s Ore no Kanojo. It works really well!

I do also need to say that I’ve read translations of the lyrics, and Hikaru has such a way with words!

(Oh yeah, the live has been transformed into a studio live for November 7th. I’m really glad that Hikaru was able to find a way around the restrictions to still hold the performance.)
Omg yes, Determination is giving me life right now. It also makes me really notice how there is such a contrast in styles between Hikaru's singles/b-sides and her mini albums, but I don't mind since I enjoy both.

Well, Hikaru had her fanclub Christmas Live, so that means we’ve got some news about “Just do it”!

COVERS:

98A0D3B9-CC15-442D-8FE6-3CD38ED37640.jpeg

The Limited Edition is on the left, while the Regular is on the right.

We also have a track list:

01: JUST DO IT
02: IMPOSSIBLE LOVE
03 & 04: Both instrumentals.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Bought the single on Ototoy.

I didn't expect much based on the snippets from Hikaru's countdown video. "Just do it" is generic beyond belief, the music sounds so cheesy with those mobile game-ish type of sound effects. But... I can't say I dislike the song. The chorus is super catchy, has weird sort of oomph, and Hikaru's voice sounds really strong in there!

2:44 - 2:53 part is a treasure, I wish they saved that sample and made a whole new song out of it.

However, "Just Do It" instantly vanished from my memory after I moved to "Impossible Love". Because this one is goddamn frakin fabulous. It took H-el-ical// ages to finally try something entirely different and gosh, I'm glad I patiently waited. Hikaru is fire - She chose to sing in this particular fashion I expected - sexy, seductive and playful. Might not be her best delivery vocal wise, but WHO CARES. The Parov Stelar-esque electro-swing chorus makes you wanna dance like crazy. Synth violin inserts are brilliant and give a lot of smug flavour. Amusing "background TV broadcast noise" intro sounds strikingly similar to Jamiroquai's Canned Heat's. Inspiration or coincidence? If only there was a saxophone too, heh.
Long time since I had so much enjoyment. Hikaru finally filled an empty spot for a super fun song that is not overly serious. It's certainly gonna make her repertoire feel more colorful. I'm gonna beg her for more such tunes.

Last edited:
I’m actually in love with JUST DO IT despite the generic nature of it - I dig the old school video game sparkling sound that’s dispersed throughout. It reminds me of a DDR track!! I guess I’m a sucker for the nostalgia.

I don’t have much to say about Just Do It or Impossible Love, but I really like them both! They’re a lot of fun, and I’m happy that Hikaru is working with more composers!

What's this about Hikaru's fans shitting on her because she changed her image? I thought she looked cute.
It's about a certain group of fans that decided to throw some stupid accusations and express their conspiracy theories on twitter, for everyone to see. Hikaru and her staff made the decision to shut down most of her social media as a direct response to that.

Back