Good Day to you all

Ghost Reaper

I eat sleep and breathe Yuki
Hello all.

Just joined the forun. Been lurking for a good many years. Decided to join because there are a few things I'd like to pass on to everyone.

I first found Kalafina because of the anime Sora no Woto. Hikari no senritsu is the song that drew me in to becoming a fan of their music. It was in Winter of 2010. I went looking for other music by them and found Yuki Kajuira / Fiction Junction and their song Toki no Mukou Maboroshi no Sora. Funny to me that the two songs I still like the most of Kalafina and Fiction Junction were released with in weeks of each other.

Tracking back on Yuki Kajuira I came across Fiction Junction Yuuka and their song: Hitomi no Kakera from Madlax. I had been searching for this song for years before giving up. Here it was, by the same Composer I've (re)discovered.

From the Dreamport collaboration I found Yuuki Yoshida. Except for a single last year, I've not found any other recordings by her. That's sad. I'd like to hear more from her.

Tracking back on the singers of Fiction Junction and Kalafina, I discovered the Female Voice Party, and through Itikubo, Ayaka Larrison (Ito, Maria). She finished in the top 3 of the 2015 Tokyo Girls (Artist section) Audition this September. I hope she releases a new album or even a single from this. It's been 4 years since her last album.

All these talented singers.

Presently Kaori Oda is my favourite solo artist. I wish she would release more of her own material. I like hers so much more than the Amnesia material. Ayaka is second.

I dream of Ayaka, Kaori and Yuuki doing a single or album together. I wonder what that would be like. It probably wouldn't sound complete unless they had Keiko holding the lower harmony... Ah... I can dream.

Ya know:
Kalafina is the entry band for me. Because of them, I discovered Fiction Junction, re-discovered FY Yuuka, and then discovered Scandal and through Scandal I discovered Miwa.

Canadia, eh //hit hello neighbor ; ) @Coral and @Kerahna are from Canada, but haven't seen much of them lately

ah, Ayaka! I never looked into her music as Maria, but I do enjoy the stuff from their Itokubo dayz. also I may or may not have stalked her instagram once and found out that she used to ride horses occasionally, once bringing Keiko along. I got pretty excited

do you have a favourite live of hikari no senritsu?

anyway, welcome to cpm!

I'd like to say I have a favourite Live show, but they all hold their own charm. Because it was the show that also introduced me to Scandal, I'd say the Animax 2010 fall show for hikari no senritsu. The two are so different. Kalafina is this finely crafted professional singing group and Scandal is a rough and tumble ragged around the edges rock band.

Hello all.

Just joined the forun. Been lurking for a good many years. Decided to join because there are a few things I'd like to pass on to everyone.

Thanks, and welcome ghostreaper! It's good fun finding other good music like other things that Yuki Kajiura has composed or other projects her singers or musicians have been involved with.

With music of anime (and to some extent, game music), it appears that artists collaborate and support each other rather than compete against each other like in the general world of pop music.

Hopefully you can get to some lives shows some day.

Enjoy your time here and keep posting!

PS, a few of use use the chat at https://chat.canta-per-me.net/ at various times of the day, feel free to drop by and hopefully someone will be around.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Back