Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba

I don't get it, they are standard credits or musics used in the episode?
I only detected Kajiura music in one scene and it was because of Mitsuri lol
They are the exact same credits from the first EP of the previous season. (The credits for Go Shiina's part didn't change either)

梶浦由記 劇伴
MUSICIANS

Original Music Composed & Arrangement
  梶浦由記

Strings
  今野均 Strings

Violin / Violin Solo
  今野均

Violin
  徳永友美   石亀協子   岡部磨知
  加藤光貴   亀井友莉   藤堂昌彦
  漆原直美   森本安弘   渡邉栞

Viola      Cello / Cello Solo
  萩谷金太郎  奥泉貴圭
  亀田夏絵   稲本有彩
  小林知弘

Contrabass    Flute      Percussion
  赤池光治   赤木りえ   中島オバヲ

Director & Co-Producer
  森康哲
   (HIGHWAY STAR)

Assistant Director
  高橋日向子
   (HIGHWAY STAR)

Score Support
  石川洋光

Recording & Mixing & Editing Engineer
  小岩孝志
   (SIGN SOUND)

Assistant Engineer
  佐藤千恵   佐藤勘太
   (SOUND INN)  (SIGN SOUND)

Musicians Co-ordination
  須藤一男
   (HOT WAVE)

Ι thought first episode was pretty boring. Only interesting part is how the hell did they teleport their HQ like that. Obv that crow is possessed by the Villain and the demon posion woman has plot -density.

Last edited:
Not my thing but good on Kajiura for getting more.

And might grow on me with higher quality and instrumental.

I'm going to presume it's to be included on the OP collab single? (Jun 5)

tbh it might be growing on me a little already lol
if only because it's a different type of voice on a kajiura track
gotta get used to the power vocal singers I guess, whatnot YK working with JAM PROJECT and now hyde and I don't know the other guy...

audio quality still a shit.

https://kimetsu.com/anime/hashirageikohen/music/

オープニング主題歌
「夢幻」
MY FIRST STORY × HYDE
作詞・作曲・編曲:MY FIRST STORY,CHIMERAZ
(Sony Music Labels / BEAT SEEKER MUSIC)

エンディング主題歌
「永久 -トコシエ-」
HYDE × MY FIRST STORY
作詞・作曲・編曲:梶浦由記
(Sony Music Labels / BEAT SEEKER MUSIC)

2024年6月5日CD発売決定
BVCL‐1412 1,200円(税抜)
<収録曲>
1. 夢幻
2. 永久 -トコシエ-
3. 夢幻 -Instrumental-
4. 永久 -トコシエ- -Instrumental-
5. 夢幻 -TV ver.-
6. 永久 -トコシエ- -TV ver.-

I like it, but it is also way too dark and dramatic for demon slayer - especially for this arc.

Comments in that tweet are brutal lol

Oh the full song is officially out digitally (or will be at your midnight if it's not already available on your favorite sites). Did not realize it.

To me is another Koi Kogare, hard rock. Instrumental is like a rough version of a Kalafina song. Not my cup of tea.

I quite like it. While this style and tonality is definitely nothing new for Kajiura (actually the bit just before the chorus sounds like it was lifted straight from the GARO JamProject track), the singing definitely is... unique... And it's not even necessarily just because it's (only) male singers in a Kajiura song per se, but because these two voices are basically your typical japanese Rock-voices that (try to) harmonize with each other in a (for non Kajiura fans) very strange song. Therefore I'm not surprised that many people don't like it, and at first listen, I also didn't quite know what I should think of it, but it grew on me quickly. My favourite part is clearly the "appendix" to the 1st (1:13) and 3rd chorus (3:59) as it's quite unique for Kajiura I would say.

Last edited:
Someone put it on youtube with better audio quality.
I listened and it's interesting and quite different. If Yuki Kajiura wasn't the one that wrote it, would that change how I view it?

Actually it was the Kajiura-isms (including the chord progression and the strings' bridge) that reminded me of where I was.

As I was listening I kept thinking of Keiko having a part in this song and singing live in between these two male singers (she'd have the energy and stage presence for it). Really wondering if Keiko is going to cover the lead for these songs when FictionJunction possible covers the song during a live.

Maybe Kajiura should eventually invite the guys for a live cover (gasp!) and write kajiurago sections for the FJ vocals to differentiate them, and of course have Keiko sing directly with the guys on their verses/choruses. Just have the other ladies do vocalizations and fuller harmonies.

Wow, and I thought Milet and MAN WITH A MISSION weren’t good harmonizers. I’d take another duet with them any day over *gestures at the new song*.

Hyde’s voice isn’t bad but it’s also weirdly creepy? Like he’s trying to sneak into somebody’s house or something. And MY FIRST STORY . . . Well, let’s just say I’m not gonna be checking out their discography anytime soon.

Back