FictionJunction LIVE: Different stage presence? (Earlier/Later)

doesn't kajiura herself say in Kalafina record (?) that unless she had to, she's not one to "bring people up" aka recruiting new vocalists? I'm more into aki's idea, invite kaori hikita, kaori nishina, saeko chiba (i mean she even uses asuka's voice again and she invited her to yk lives) and maybe chiaki as well.

doesn't kajiura herself say in Kalafina record (?) that unless she had to, she's not one to "bring people up" aka recruiting new vocalists? I'm more into aki's idea, invite kaori hikita, kaori nishina, saeko chiba (i mean she even uses asuka's voice again and she invited her to yk lives) and maybe chiaki as well.
I think Kajiura was talking about finding an amateur and mentoring her on her singing career. As I understood it, she only wants to work with professionals who have experience and or training.

Ah yes now that I think of it again I think that's what she meant.

I think Kajiura tends to work with people she already knew and established a camaraderie (?) now. When you work with people you're already comfortable with, what you want is easier to get across. Although, that also could be the cause of her songs being stagnant or not as good as they used to be. I have more problem with the songs' melodies than the vocalists, though.

I'm still not into her adding more people to FJ. If she adds a permanent member to FJ then she had to rework the harmonies when they sing lives and while it could potentially be good it could also potentially be disaster or overcrowded. Unless, this new vocalist is a one time singer only. But then again, japanese fans or even us could probably complaint. Say Kajiura composes a new song for FJ X (new). We could probably say, the song will sound better if W/Kaida/Kei/Kao sings it because we're used to their voices. Just remember when she composed Sora wa Takaku for Haruna. We all say that the song will sound better if Keiko sings it, and Haruna isn't even a part of FJ. FJ girls has worked together for more than 7 years and adding more people could disrupt the harmony/the sound they've established as theirs. Hiring new vocalists, yes. New member to FJ, no. That's my stance.

As for the stage presence, I agree with grunty more, the distance between each of them and them to the audiences might play a factor (save for Kaori, which as Kowz said, looked like she'd rather be anywhere than Kajiura lives as shown in vol.11). But that could be because she's way too tired because YKL#11 setlists were way too heavy on her. We don't exactly know how she is in YKL#12 this year. The setlist might play a part as well because for me YKL#11's setlist was really boring, even more than #9.

I don't think Keiko isn't as energetic as she used to be, because she still enjoys jumping around when the song and the audiences set her mood into, as shown in Mezamashi 2015 live. But yes they need to stop singing Ongaku and red moon. I want to say the band also plays an important part because Sato's drumming is sh*t and can't bring the song's energy to the fullest. I mean, YKL#4 is definitely exciting, both to the eyes and the ears because Nozaki was there. Kajiura big 3, mezame, salva nos, and zodiacal sign sounded much better in it :p

But that could be because she's way too tired because YKL#11 setlists were way too heavy on her.

The concert we got was also the final concert from the Elemental tour, so it could also be that.

I'm still not into her adding more people to FJ.

I think Kalafina is the band that would benefit from an extra member.

About inviting Saeko Chiba, personally I would say no. I love her songs (Hitori demo, futari nara is :nosebleed:), and her voice is kawaii-ish, but her singing isn't very good. You can tell just by listening to her songs that she's not properly trained.

I'd rather Kajiura invite Hikaru, and have her sing Saeko songs.

Right?
My perfect setlist would have Daiya no genseki for her intro, and after the MC Ice Cream, We are so together, Hitori demo, futari nara.
And Koi no Kiseki to end the concert.

^yes please. I'd rather have saeko chiba songs in YKL than elemental album songs. ditch them altogether, plz.

I think Kalafina is the band that would benefit from an extra member.
Now you mention it, that wouldn't be such a bad thing. They were a four-piece at one point, so there was definitely a time during their career that it was considered and songs written with four voices in mind. Although their camaraderie is great and they're used to working together, it might be refreshing change from the listeners' POV. It would stop the format getting stale, without having to resort to firing and replacing people.

Plus: the studio version of the songs often have an expansive sound with multiple overdubs of backing harmonies that can't be recreated live by three people who are already performing the lead vocals. This leads to the crew having to use pre-recorded loops and samples. I'm not keen on those at all, because the arrangement has to be in the same key and at the same tempo as the recorded version or the samples won't match up. It's a bit limiting, so an extra pair of hands or voice on stage might be very welcome.

Back on-topic though: there are already quite a lot of vocalists who are part of the FJ project already, so unless there's a problem with finding enough people to do a show or recording session (i.e. being too busy with other commitments) I don't see any particular need to recruit more people. Unless YK happens to meet someone with a unique talent with a completely new sound that none of the others have.

Or just perform the live version with a different arrangement (see sprinter acoustic ver. and others). Studio version can be studio version, and live version can be live version.

Why they only do this for their Christmas lives is beyond me. It might be the key to prevent their older songs from becoming stale.

@Martin the 4- people time was only during their 2nd, "sprinter" single, unfortunately, and in lives in the Opening Act of YK Live vol.2 where you can actually see and hear Maya sing (included in Seventh Heaven DVD) and in that you can see how much better the vocal share and chorus worked, with 2 people on vocal, 2 on chorus at the same time (they also sing Kizuato and Aria with 4)

I believe it would have been better if they had recruited a new member ever since Maya left, because just 1 person can multiply the song variations: 1 vocal 3 chorus, 2 vocal 2 chorus, 3 vocals one chorus)

Was Yuki Kajiura LIVE 31.07.2008 the first time the singers performed professional before audience?
I mean Wakana, Kaori, Yuriko, Keiko.

Back