FictionJunction - Kanata lyrics

I'am almost certain there is a public statement from Kajiura to the effect that Joelle (and Kaori) did not sang any part of the song...
The only divas credited on Spotify were LL, Emiko, and Yuriko.

About the lyrics, I've seen this in the YouTube comments:

"Good-bye, farewell."
I call out to the beautiful sky

We've only shared a brief time,
even if this season of sparkling leaves
seemed like it would never end.
Though with tears and pain,
we've dreamt of the future together.

Just once more, let's try putting our faith in this world.
We can brave the wind,
the sun illuminates our path, let's reach out
for what we both desire.
I am here,
and with you I'll go... beyond.

Tired of clinging to hopes and prayers,
you just laughed, shadows filling
your mature face.

Again and again, let's try cherishing this world.
Even if we're hurt, even if we cannot forgive,
the sun illuminates our path, so embrace
the fragile lives we have.
I am here,
and I will call out to you.

In this fleeting world, the things I hold dear only increase,
Smile at me gently, touch me.
Remember the light of spring.

Up in heaven's high a singing voice echoes,
piercing through someone's heart,
before fading into the abyss.
With a calm heart, reach your hand out
to the furthest shore.
I am here,
and I will call out to the future.

The story's end becomes the sunrise of new beginnings.
 
incomplete English lyrics from FJ's new instagram (wonder why they aren't on youtube, hopefully they add them in full soon)
edit: the clips are also on FJ youtube as shorts.

(1st refrain)
I should just believe in this world
One last time
I can walk through the wind
And as the sun illuminates my path
I reach out my arms
For there is something I desire
I'm right here
I will go with you
To the beyond

(2nd verse)
Weary of clinging
To hope and prayer
But you were smiling
Casting nothing but shadows on your mature cheeks

(2nd refrain)
I think I'll try to love this world
Time and time again
Even if I'm hurt
Even if I'm not forgiven
The sun illuminates my path
Cradling a life that is breaking apart
I'm right here
I'm calling out to you
 
^ they added a video with the bridge today

(bridge)
Only the number of important things has grown
In a fleeting world
Please smile gently
Please touch me
Remember the light of the Spring
 
Back
Top