FictionJunction CLUB members only Kalafina 8th Anniversary LIVE 2016

^And see Hikaru wail her lines? No thanks.
She sounded great in Ashita no keshiki in tphe "storia live tour" from 2009 (from the 2009-12 live CD). At least that's what I thought.

Her head voice at "shirubeeee" was to die for :nosebleed:

At least Progressive was listed! Hopefully that's a good sign that we'll hear it in the Special Final.

I there hasn't been an official recording since the 2011 Magia tour (on the LIVE Selection CD), so it's nice to see they're doing it again.
Wasn't progressive performed during the budokan lives?

Edit: OMG no it wasn't! How offensive!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't progressive performed during the budokan lives? Edit: OMG no it wasn't! How offensive!!!!

Nope, it wasn't at the lives, nor was it on the BEST albums. Who knows why, since it was a single release. Should've just never made HB and put Progressive on there instead, in my honest opinion.

My theory on progressive is that it was going to be for an anime, but the anime was canceled before it was announced. Because it was already recorded (or at least composed), they just decided to release it. I've even made a rough TV size version of the song in Audacity that lasts exactly 1:27; the length for a typical TV size song (starts when the violin comes in, skips the 2nd phrase of the verse, ends with "day so far").

Crossing my fingers for Progressive at the special final! Besides, we already have a RM-era song that we haven't heard in a while that they're doing (Yami no Uta), so why not add another?

^ That theory has the weak point that the studios first work on the anime and announce it and the songs come when the work on the anime is nearly finished.

Could've written the song and been requested to write it, but didn't meet the deadline maybe? Maybe something happened during recording and the series (whatever it was) had to use a different song?

She did? Oh, ok then.

Kajiura should do that more often, it'd be nice to have more singles that aren't tie-ins.
To date, that was the best single release in the history of Kalafina, in my opinion. Awesome song, awesome PV (I don't care what anyone says - WAKANA's extensions and KEIKO's wig + their cool futuristic outfits) and those 3 LIVE clips that accompanied the PV in the DVD AAAAAND the UTATANE documentary :nosebleed:

^ but according to some others *cough* (not me) was the worst song since then, but i guess that after some of the recent ones their opinion on it has changed :XD:

Gosh I forgot they began singing Yami no Uta again. Progressive would be really nice. It's one of my favorites Wakana's kaijurago was really nice. ALSO THEY'RE PREFORMING SAMIDARE!! Please be on the live release. Please be on the live release. Please be on the live release.

12605361_463875353807394_6890490422591888070_o.jpg

THEY WORE THE 2014 DRESSES FOR THE LIVE AHHHHHH THEY KNOW WE LOVE THEM /yayayayyyayy

I still don't understand what's going on with Wakana's bottom half there, I swear her dress didn't look like that before.

I honestly thought they were new dresses. :XD:I only just noticed the gold-ish parts in the dresses. Wakana's outfit is what threw me off.

I think they are the 2014 live tour ones, after they added MORE GOLD. I prefer the minimalist gold versions but the ones with more gold grew on me since. Looking at this pic from back then and comparing, I think it's just they caught Wakana at an angle where you can't see the front half of her legs.

1kPvZBK.jpg

I didn't even realize there were two different versions of the black and gold 2014 live tour dresses. I like both in different ways. Wakana's black and gold boots in that pic. :love: Anyway, it might just be the angle, like you said. Whatever the case may be, it doesn't really bother me. I just thought the dresses were different.

Back