Double Cast and Meguri-Aishite

Nick Hunter

I have reached Yuki nirvana
http://www.snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=52682
http://www.snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=62839

For everyone who may be interested. Personally, I've been curious ever since listening to Double Cast OST, not to mention Meguri Aishite whose OST seems to be non-existent except from the release of Saeko's Koi no Kiseki. Both games are apparently visual novels, exclusively Japanese and with no interested fan translation groups in sight, but at least it's interesting to see how Yuki's music is applied here.

So far I've checked out Double Cast, and... LOL, it feels like Yuki scored a Production I.G. anime long before Tokyo Revelations. :XD: The game is packed with animated scenes. The emulator even has trouble processing some of them, although there are no big lags.
Misaki is sure a genki girl, and according to the opening, the plot promises to have detective/mystical overtones (07th Expansion, anyone? :plot: ). Still not sure if it has dating sim elements in it or not. Meguri Aishite is bound to, but I have yet to get it.
A first couple of minutes playing revealed some tracks that don't seem to have made it anywhere near the OST. Gotta google up some extractors and converters...

Well, emulating 5-Gen consoles can never be as easy as, say, launching Atari or SNES on your desktop. Personally, I use ePSXe 1.7.0 with a handful of plugins that came packed with it, and all games work fine so far (not counting occasional audio lags in Tri-Ace RPGs with their tricky sound engines). Double Cast also works, although there are some graphical artifacts in the text area, but they don't seem to hinder the text itself.
I'll have to try Meguri and see if it runs alright or requires something special. If al's well, I'll just share my pack, it should run from any folder without installation.
But as to a controller, it's a matter of convenience alone. If you don't want to buy one, you can easily map the buttons to the keyboard. And if you do, any USB gamepad will do (just make sure it has enough buttons :XD: ). I personaly use GameGuru, it's relatively cheap but has pretty much the complete PSX/PS2 layout (down to an extra plug for a real console).

Back