Dead profiles

R

Rafael-sama

Should we do something about those dead profiles? I mean, those who registered and never-ever did even one little post? Or are inactive for longer than a certain amount of time?

I think we should do but Kera says that it might be from those people that registers but start getting after many years, or from those that disappear for a long time and then they start post again. (like Bocko who is zero poster but is meember of the forum out of the forum :XD: )

they do no harm being there o_O i don't see why anyone wants them gone

and there are often cases (see introduction forum) where someone signs up and doesn't post for many months and then suddenly starts to post

:uh..: I am talking about those profiles who never posted and are inactive for 3, 4 years. Because there are a lot of member in this situation, IMO.

It's the story of any forum, honestly. Some register, but lose interest, some lose the amount of free time required, some are just lazy, some completely forget they registered (and sometimes try to register again, remembering neither their username nor password). The last type of cases, provided we're informed about them, definitely justifies deletion. Otherwise... like Kerahna said, they hardly bother anyone. Both signing up and posting are deliberate, and if the circumstances changed before the user had time to post anything, it's not like we have to punish him/her for that. Besides, some of them DO come back... :ayashii:

Ok, I got it... But at least there is someone watching those fake accounts? :omg:

mmm, but there are others who prefer to read only and not post

we are constantly watching for fake accounts and delete them before you even notice :XD:

they usually are very obvious though, with a link to some random drug selling website in their profile, stuff like that

Back