Better late than never ^_^

• Thread starter ATroupeLeaderBaby
  • Start date
A

ATroupeLeaderBaby

I've been a member since the Animagic last year. After meeting some of the members here, I decided to give it a try and it was a very good decision.

I know my introduction took long, but like the subject says "better late than never"

Well what can I say about myself...

I'm a huge fan of Kalafina and Yuki Kajiura (obviously) and I also really like Ayumi Hamasaki and Christina Aguilera.

I love designing fahion and I am even more addicted to sewing cosplays. The first cosplays I did where from musicals. The first one was from a German musical called Tanz der Vampire. It's the red ballgown of the main actress and the second one was the Bubble Dress from Wicked.

Some of you might know that I made two Kalafina cosplays for the Animagic in Bonn. Here's a link to Hikaru's TTB cosplay:

http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/fotos/e ... 7/9384207/

Gosh it was pure torture to walk around in these boots (with 13cm heels) for two days straight. My feet were numb for one week :blood:

About 16 costumes are currently in planning stage (I need a new sewing machine, as mine is almost 15 years old and money to buy all the fabrics :cry: )

Just to name a few planned cosplays:
Hikaru's and Wakana's symphonia outfits
Keiko's and Hikaru's black and white After Eden Live outfits
The cream colored costume Hikaru wore for the promotion of KalafinaRecord
Katy Perry's Peacock costume from her California Dreams Tour

You see, I'm quite crazy about cosplays :waii:

What else to say about me???

I'm a university graduate (Bachelor of Science) desperately looking for a job, who loves to read, write, draw, sew and sing. That pretty much sums it all up :idol:

Hi ATroupeLeaderBaby!
Nice Hikaru costume :dote:
Enjoy your stay here!
(hope you get the job soon)

lol I remember I had seen you in one of the animagic photos. Welcome CPM & its community! :sohappy: Its kind of rare to find people that like sewing (most cosplayed buy the clothers from japanese stores to cosplay afaik). How old are you? (even thought it kind of rude to ask that to ladies XD) How did yoy learned about Yuki and Kalafina?

Welcome to CPM, Bb! :sohappy:

I'm looking forward to see more of your cosplays, and I hope that you continue to have fun spending your time here. Hope you get a very decent job as well!

Welcome! I am Liana. I love the to the beginning outfits, and you did an excellent job! (I hope they wear them at ACen. Are you going? I am definately since I only live a little ways away. It is nice to meet you and hope you like it here. :dote:

ATroupeLeaderBaby said:
I've been a member since the Animagic last year. After meeting some of the members here, I decided to give it a try and it was a very good decision.
Welcome, welcome!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Some of you might know that I made two Kalafina cosplays for the Animagic in Bonn. Here's a link to Hikaru's TTB cosplay:

http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/fotos/e ... 7/9384207/
As I have mentioned already, I LOVE it!!! :D:D Great work!!! I admire you for putting so much attention to detail!!!

Just to name a few planned cosplays:
Hikaru's and Wakana's symphonia outfits
:shy: :shy: I am sure it must be hard to find fabric that has the same pattern! It is quite unique!
Keiko's and Hikaru's black and white After Eden Live outfits
I actually prefer Wakana's outfit but the others are really beautiful too!! :dote: :dote:

The cream colored costume Hikaru wore for the promotion of KalafinaRecord
Do you mind providing a picture? I know, it's a shame, but I don't know which one that is! :P

Welcome ATroupeLeaderBaby!

I'm also a newbie :XD:

Your cosplay is really impressing! :plz:

I always messed up when I tried to sew something, so you have my greatest respect :sparkleguy:

About 16 costumes are currently in planning stage

:swt: :swt: :swt: KRASS!

You are definitely right here! :ohoho: :ohoho:

(I really hope you find a job! :cheer: )

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and all the compliments for the cosplay from all of you! :waii:

@george1234: How rude! :cry: (nah just joking!) Although I don't look like it I'm 27 years old (I know I'm SO old :XD: ). I've always wanted to sew, but in the beginning I was kind of unsure about it (patterns, fabrics, etc), so I didn't try. At some point a friend of mine decided to cosplay a main character of the musical Tanz der Vampire (the count of Krolock) and asked me, if I wanted to go with her and try to cosplay the main actress. I have to admit I sewed the dress with some help of a dressmaker, but after that I was "infected". I was and still am so eager to try new things. Everytime I see a costume I like, I always start to think how to sew it.

How I did learn about Yuki and Kalafina? Well I stumbled upon Yuki on YouTube (Tsubasa Chronicle OSTs) and instantly fell in love with the music. After some research I found out about Kalafina and BOOM I was a fan.

@HimeWakana: Thank you! I'm really curious about your Moonfesta cosplay. Please post pics soon!

@Liana: Thank you. I would love to go to ACen, but I am from Germany, so Chicago is a bit too far. Unfortunately... :rain: I hope you enjoy it just as much as I enjoyed the Animagic.

@puts: Thank you. I have to admit I am very proud to say that the belt and the gloves I wore, are the original items Hikaru wore for the dress. I was soooo happy when I found them. I have found similar fabric for the symphonia outfits, not exactly the same, but really similar. Maybe, since I still can't do anything, I will find even better fabrics. Who knows. The internet is a wonderful place for this... Of course I can provide a picture of the cream colored one. Here it is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/asianinfat ... otostream/

@SurgamIdentidem: Thanks. Just try again and again. I learn sewing by trial and error. The easiest way is to search for similar patterns, where you just have to change small things, use cheap fabrics and try to sew it and if it works out then use the real fabric.

Wow that was much writing :XD:

ATroupeLeaderBaby said:

Hi, and glad you felt welcome here... I'm more of a bystander in terms of cosplay or singing, and have only attended two anime conventions, SMASH 2011 in Sydney (to see the Eminence orchestra) and AVCON 2012 in Adelaide, local to me. It sounds like a big investment in time and skill and money to do good cosplay.

As well as you getting good employment, I hope that you can visit Japan and see Yuki Kajiura and band and singers live sometime soon, and keep participating on canta-per-me.net !

@HimeWakana: Wow, it's really beautiful. Hope to see more of it :sohappy:

@Kugayama: Thanks! It took me about two months to sew both cosplays. TTB was easier to sew (2 weeks), but the second one was horrible in time. Finished it right before I left for the Animagic... Yeah, I hope so too. I really want to see a real concert of Yuki and Kalafina, as well as Ayumi Hamasaki.

Hello ATroupeLeaderBaby!!

Woah, I really love TTB outfits, its a great work you did there! :waii:

Nice to meet you, hope you have a great time here and find a job! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Btw, Hime-san, great works you did too! :plz:

Oh yeah, when its about cosplay, my friend celebrates a birthday soon and she wants to have a cosplay party. I desperately need an idea! :uh..: :uh..:

Thanks MegyTomitatsu! Is there a special theme for the cosplay party of your friend???

No problem! :goodjob:

Well no, she said anything that gets in our mind. Yeah, thats even harder to think about :uh..:

Well what do you like?? Are there any creatures like vampires, witches, etc you like or anime characters???

Well, the problem is that my range is wide. I was thinking about anime something but here is that not popularised enough to provide cosplays. And Im not really much a sewer :XD:

And putting together a costume with your clothes? What anime characters would you like??? What's your budget??? Have you thought about commissioning a costume in a cosplay shop???

Yeah, putting together a costume with my clothes sounds nice. My budget is not so high since I dont have a job anymore :uh..:
Thats why I was thinking maybe something simple like Shirayuki from Rosario+vampire. Or Yuuta for Zombie loan (haha I like her :XD: )
Or maybe someone for Higurashi no naku koro ni falls on my mind :XD:

Well, I dont know of a cosplay shop here so I cant think of it much :desksweat:

Back