Animelo Summer Live 2018 “OK!” 24,25,26 August

so are we gonna do a small forum meetup? I'll be going on day 1 :)
any opinion on which of the three would be better?
arena A8 50th-99th in or
arena A4 210th in or
arena A2 40th-60th in
They're all around 30,000 yen unfortunately
100% go for the A4
30,000 Yen isnt that bad for such a great seat.
Winning lottery directly gets you tickets for 9200 Yen.
I had to buy my 3rd day ticket last year for 20,000 Yen and it was in 200 Level
Often even winning the lottery will not get you arena seats in A-B Blocks. This year lottery only gave me arena seat in E block.

so are we gonna do a small forum meetup? I'll be going on day 1 :)
any opinion on which of the three would be better?
arena A8 50th-99th in or
arena A4 210th in or
arena A2 40th-60th in
They're all around 30,000 yen unfortunately
The Saiitama Super Arena official site Japanese version has some seating diagrams but I am not sure if they cover the arena seating well.

PS definitely up for meeting before and/or after. Sorry that I missed meeting any of the forum members who attended in previous years.

1. I'm up for a meet up.
2. Regarding the goods, do you have any tips on getting them efficiently or cheaply? When I visited their website a few weeks ago and tried to buy some goods, it took me to MAGES webpage, but then I gave up since it's in Japanese, and I won't have a Japan address until 21 August (arrival date).
3. Do we have to buy our own AAA baterry x3? or will it be provided when I buy the penlight on the day?
4. Is there a better penlight compared to the Supernova Motherbase 2018 Ok version that I could buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I'm up for a meet up.
2. Regarding the goods, do you have any tips on getting them efficiently or cheaply? When I visited their website a few weeks ago and tried to buy some goods, it took me to MAGES webpage, but then I gave up since it's in Japanese, and I won't have a Japan address until 21 August (arrival date).
3. Do we have to buy our own AAA baterry x3? or will it be provided when I buy the penlight on the day?
4. Is there a better penlight compared to the Supernova Motherbase 2018 Ok version that I could buy?
Artist specific goods and some t-shirt may sell out early but if you are going on the first day plan on having lunch in the area (food court and stalls available) and queue for merchandise when you feel like it. There is an entertainment stage in the Keyaki Plaza / ひろび and decent shade. Once the doors are open at 2pm, enter and use the toilets before you find your seat as the queue at interval is long.

I may just use a couple of old pen lights rather than buying the new one, and it comes with batteries but they won't last the three days (also ran the description through Google translate and read warnings about not using it too long at a time).

Artist specific goods and some t-shirt may sell out early but if you are going on the first day plan on having lunch in the area (food court and stalls available) and queue for merchandise when you feel like it. There is an entertainment stage in the Keyaki Plaza / ひろび and decent shade. Once the doors are open at 2pm, enter and use the toilets before you find your seat as the queue at interval is long.

I may just use a couple of old pen lights rather than buying the new one, and it comes with batteries but they won't last the three days (also ran the description through Google translate and read warnings about not using it too long at a time).

Great tip about lunch and toliets. Thanks.

@HolyHawk - more a collection of eateries than food court but there are plenty of choices nearby. There is a Lawson convenience store close by also.

I usually budget about 1.5 litres or 1.8 litres of Pocari Sweat to last the concert (3 x 500 ml bottles or 2 x 900 ml bottles).

Expect a bag check, sometimes I've had to hand in a digital compact camera and reclaim it afterwards. I've also once been breath tested for alcohol on entry but would advise against alhocol and caffeine consumption on the afternoon of attending the concerts anyway on the basis of reducing dehydration and the need to use a toilet between the beginning and end of the live (runs to about 9:15-9:30pm with a 20 minute interval).

Last edited:
PS, anyone wanting to meet up before or after the concerts, please leave a private message and I will leave my contact details in a reply.

Either I'm less invested in anime and games these days or this was a pretty weak lineup? I hardly recognize anyone other than the big oldtimers, lol.

Hope you had fun.

Either I'm less invested in anime and games these days or this was a pretty weak lineup? I hardly recognize anyone other than the big oldtimers, lol.

Hope you had fun.

For a new act that impressed me, there was Oresama.

JAM Project as The Monsters singing Snow Halation was a lot of fun.

Megumi Nakajima singing a Macross Frontier song after several years of not doing so was very welcome. Everyone seemed to really like the cover of Catch Me, Catch You, and the cover of Joint.

I think that the increased heat compared to previous years had an effect on the performers and audience.

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself!

I haven't really been following Animelo, since I haven't watched anime much in recent years, but I'm super happy to see that Do as Infinity performed (have they ever performed at Animelo?). Hopefully they're on the BD release. I love Fukai Mori and Kimi ga Inai Mirai in particular, but Keshin no Juu sounds like a nice song too.

https://twitter.com/SaitoPPP/status/1100048783759400966

3/23(土)AnimeJapanにて開催される”アニサマ2019 15th Kick-off Party”では、15回目の #anisama にふさわしいテーマソングもお披露目予定です。既にアニサマバンドによるオケRECは終了、これからアーティストによるボーカルRECです。1000人の会場らしいので沢山の人にお届け出来ることになりますね

Back