anime board?

Nick Hunter

I have reached Yuki nirvana
I presume we all watch a certain amount of Japanese animation, for that is a main source of Yuki's music. :dote:
In question: would a board for discussing prominent works make sense? Or maybe there'll be too little discussion, and all will fit into General boards?

i personally don't talk much about anime...so you won't see me there unless it's something really interesting [secretly thinks about yaoi]

hpdw (silent admin) reprimanded me when i made separate boards for anime, music, and books :XD: now im scared to lolollllllllllllllllllllllllll maybe if we talked about anime moar?

the admin accounts are admin (me), hpdw, and sudrien
the latter two are computer d00dz who don't care much for yuki but i'm trying to convert them. hpdw is more resistant and likes weird music :S

I support yaoi subforum XD i can shit-chat about that 24/7 without any problem, but anime.. thats more or less a no-no for me since i got bored of those. Topic with people screaming "waaah i so loooooove this series" all the time without any serious discussion are not attractive to me, now imagine us having a board where you'd actually talk some serious business while we (yes i'm including myself in here as well - i don't do that all the time normally <.<) can make spam post or off-topic right after the one that opened the topic.
Unimaginable for me :XD:
While yaoi don't really need that X3 ... so yes for yaoi stuff and no for anime board :plot:

Chibi

Kerahna said:
the admin accounts are admin (me), hpdw, and sudrien
the latter two are computer d00dz who don't care much for yuki but i'm trying to convert them. hpdw is more resistant and likes weird music :S

HEY NOW

Just because I don't collect recordings...

Or go to concerts...

Or..

:omgwtf:

I dont think that we need subforum for anime since the anime topics are not that many (they can easily go to General) and after all we are not fansub group to need such section. About yaoi I have no idea so I dont take position.

Chibi² wants Yaoi...but don't want an anime board...I prefer an anime/manga board with different topics (including Yaoi if she wants) but...we are not obliged to do a anime board...if we just posts topic about anime/manga in the OFF-TOPIC, it's the same ?
george1234 said:
topics are not that many (they can easily go to General)
woot george was faster than me xD

admin said:
hpdw is more resistant and likes weird music :S
what are you calling weird musiic ? it reminds me my friends who qualified Yuki's music as weird music x)

Zuiyon said:
Chibi² wants Yaoi...

you made it sound like i demand one XD
it was meant more like If we really need new board i won't really participate in it if its about anime and most likely i will if its about yaoi, if its about anything else... well depends what it is about.

Personally i don't think we really need another board, accept if there is a huge interest in one particular topic.... but i'm noob on this forum so you all might just ignore my comments XD

Chibi

We dont ignore noone's topics

As children are the future of the humanity, at the same way new users are the future of the forum :sohappy: :goodjob: From the new users depends how a forum will develop in the future. If the new users are bad (eg insult with heavy words and talk off topic all the time) the firum will become worst. If the new users are good the forum will become better and better.

Chibi-Chibi said:
but anime.. thats more or less a no-no for me since i got bored of those. Topic with people screaming "waaah i so loooooove this series" all the time without any serious discussion are not attractive to me

Your problem with anime is that the people dont discuss them properly or that you dont like anime?

that they don't discus them properly.
2 factors are needed for that
1st people who watch certain series and are up to date
2nd some brains and time (to think about it) - which all otakus seem to lack in <.<

Chibi

Chibi² said:
some brains and time
LOL !

otaku ? you want a definition ? it's like you and Kaori if you see what I mean ;)

nooo not really in fact...it's a social case which can be found mostly (maybe only) in japan <_< it's closed to no life or geeks but ehmmm plus the fact they are fond of anime (most of the cases) or something else (sport ? °o°) they are uncommunicative and obsessive <_< dumb

Zuiyon said:
it's a social case which can be found mostly (maybe only) in japan <_< it's closed to no life or geeks but ehmmm plus the fact they are fond of anime (most of the cases) or something else (sport ? °o°) they are uncommunicative and obsessive <_< dumb

they're obsessive fans **cough, cough** :XD: of anything (e.g.: anime, gardening, music, technology, Yuki Kajiura, Revo, etc.) and the only thing they talk is about their obsessions, but that description fits only in Japan (and they're very unpopular in the jap society). Imho, outside Japan "otaku" is a tender way to call an anime fan (at least in LatinAmerica, Spain and France i think).

lol yeah its not such a strong word here at least, at Anime North all our badges say "anime north otaku" on it

Back